VA-Henrico county, seven deputies charged with murder

"Three hospital employees in Virginia were arrested Thursday and charged with second-degree murder in the death of Irvo Otieno, the 28-year-old Black man who died at a state mental health facility last week, the Office of the Commonwealth’s Attorney for Dinwiddie County said in a news release. Those charged come in addition to the seven sheriff's deputies who were charged with second-degree murder on Tuesday.".

One of the most disturbing cases, ever. If Virginia has the Death penalty, every single one of those monsters involved in his death should get the Death penalty. I hope this gets more attention.

Saw this on CNN. Thank you for starting a thread @ssnva1.

Thank goodness there is video showing exactly what happened.

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip: off topic to this thread> 7 officers on top of him.

"The commonwealth's attorney says all of the defendants were hands-on at one point," he says. "She said it's even hard to see Irvo because he's under the weight of all the sheriff's deputies."
"He died of asphyxia due to being smothered."

This is patient abuse like something from "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest". How did we manage to regress as a society from learning, becoming more enlightened and humane to reverting to primitive, abusive behavior? It really frightens me sometimes. I fear for my children and grandchildren's futures.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire
Back