GUILTY VA - IH, 14, taken by mothers ex-bf, Bruce Lynch, 34, Bumpass, Louisa County, 21 Oct 2019

I wonder if the mother/parents are just finding out about a relationship (if there is one) between the two and threatened to report it to the authorities or separate them, and it was more than he could take in whatever mental state he is in. Obviously not a rational one. That is what made him flee with her. Or, if she is pregnant (hypothetical only) and parents found out, they may not want her to continue the pregnancy, and this made them flee. These are the only 2 causes I can come up with for the seemingly sudden disappearance.

Because 14 year olds are such great planners? IMO, if she left with him by choice, she had no idea what she was in for realistically.

Tampons or pads usually make it into a purse alone with makeup. Did I have my homework or a pencil anywhere at that age maybe, maybe not. I could have survived for awhile with my purse. I knew a guy that kept toilet paper in his car so he could poop on the side of the road. BL lived with Isabel and her mom he would hopefully do the planning and have basic necessities. It's possible she knows her cycle and wasn't planning on being a hostage. My periods are bad other people can function and not turn a bed into what looks like a crime scene while asleep.
Hopefully she is found before she ends up make pads out of poison ivy or something.

Just saw this was also added to @Cam Thompson Twitter

Investigators add they want people to be very aware of their surroundings and to keep an eye out for Hicks (L) and Lynch themselves, versus their car, because they haven’t had a car sighting in a while.

Oh yes I remember that one too.
This wouldn’t be Virginia’s first time in making an error to not call an amber alert. There was another case not long ago where they treated it as a run away and it should have been an amber alert and girl was found dead by boyfriend even tho family kept insisting she would not run away and they had reason to believe boyfriend was at risk for harming her.

(O/T, do you remember which case that was? Just curious, tia.)

(ETA: Also O/T, Isabel reminds me a lot of Libby German, her appearance.)

I really hope this guy is not a pedophile because he has had a lot of access to children in the past.

Of course he’s a pedophile, MOO. Well, “hebephile” technically. JMO.

Possibly Nicole Lovell? Totally just a guess/shot in the dark. Trying to think of other more recent possibilities.

(I still think about her every time I see “Minions”...she left with her “Minions” blanket...:( )

ETA: Can I please vent for a minute just to say how angry these types of cases make me. Sure all these cases make me angry. But man, grown men, leave our kids and teens alone!!! They are not yours!!

I get sick when I think about the “older boyfriends” I had as a teen. They had no business with me!!!!! I went willingly with them.

Last edited:
Virginia AMBER Alert -- Activation Criteria

She apparently did not meet criteria for an amber alert in Virginia. Likely because there is reason to believe she went willingly.
They have issued a missing persons alert instead.
I’d be curious to know where her phone is and what she has told friends. What has she posted on any social media accounts? Imo

I read the criteria several times, I can’t figure out what element this did not meet.

I would like to hear what Ms Harrington (Morgan’s mother) has to say, from Let’s Save the Next Girl about Amber Alerts. She has dedicated her life to saving girls after Morgan’s murder.

That would be my second phone call after the police.

MOO

Last edited:
Lynch is Hicks' mother’s ex-boyfriend, who had been living in the family’s home until when he was kicked out about a month ago, according to Crime Insider sources.

Additionally, those sources do not believe Hicks was taken against her will.

Brother’s message for missing Louisa teen believed to be with 34-year-old man

Do we know exactly why he was kicked out? Still catching up. Tia.

ETA:
Wonder why they broke up? Perhaps that would shed some light on what’s going on. I would assume he’s been grooming her for some time and mom may have noticed this behavior. Sorry if this has been said before. MOO

I’m getting elements of SLP. The teen that left willingly with the older man who was “saving her”, but who actually ended up abusing her. He hid her and didn’t contact authorities.
(There are updates in her media thread today, FYI.)

I read the criteria several times, I can’t figure out what element this did not meet.

I would like to hear what Ms Harrington (Morgan’s mother) has to say, from Let’s Save the Next Girl about Amber Alerts. She has dedicated her life to saving girls after Morgan’s murder.

That would be my second phone call after the police.

MOO
My post u just quoted seems like a life time ago. Crazy how this case started and where it is now. Really thought in the beginning they were treating her as a run away and that she was maybe the suicidal one with him trying to help. Oh did I have that very wrong and all because there wasn’t an amber alert.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back