GUILTY VA - IH, 14, taken by mothers ex-bf, Bruce Lynch, 34, Bumpass, Louisa County, 21 Oct 2019

I have no doubt in my mind what's going on here. It just reminds us over and over and over again.... be dang careful who you let around your children.

I do *not* agree with what was posted upthread where LE is asking land owners to search their land for signs of these two. If he is armed and dangerous, this could result in some innocent Citizens getting mortally wounded. YES, *report* anything that looks suspicious, but *do not approach*.

The thoughts of the 14 year old are of no interest to me at the moment. She may have gone willingly depending on what this man filled her head with. Doesn't matter - she's a child, and a Victim.

Praying this child makes it out alive and that no Citizens are harmed in the process.

Amateur opinion and speculation
I would be really scared of starting a new relationship if I had children. The thing is, most of these weirdos are total fakers and don't show who they really are until it's already too late. He has been in Isabel's life since she was a little kid, which grosses me out even more because he has known her for so long, she probably trusted him.

I would be really scared of starting a new relationship if I had children. The thing is, most of these weirdos are total fakers and don't show who they really are until it's already too late. He has been in Isabel's life since she was a little kid, which grosses me out even more because he has known her for so long, she probably trusted him.
These miscreants target women with kids in the age group of their particular interest. Unfortunately, one can never be too careful when it comes to kids. Observe, observe, observe. I have spidey sense when it comes to these weirdos. I watch how they interact and touch the children. The hands don't lie. B*stards.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Mods, this is one of my first posts so please edit or delete as necessary. (I’ve read the posting guidelines and Think these comments are within them.) 1) Does anyone else find the family picture posted on Facebook to be “interesting” re: body language? 2) I lived twenty years in the south. I’m not sure how one determines a subject of an investigation to be “armed and dangerous” but I’d beVery interested in hearing about it from someone more knowledgeable than myself. I.e. Is being a licensed or unlicensed firearm owner with what anyone in particular views as erratic behavior (such as being a crime suspect) “enough”?

MOO... They need the armed and dangerous, to qualify for the amber alert. In my opinion, anyone who takes a child against the wishes of family, that owns firearms is dangerous.

State Police out in full force checking interstate and highways for this child. Spoke to a few BRP rangers last night, they are checking remote areas. Posters at most of the overlooks and Mayberrys Mill. This is high traffic season for BRP, the leaves are in full color. Folks are checking remote cabins and property.

Flyers are being distributed at Ferrum folk live festival and Martinsville speedway, both attract thousands from across the nation.

I think we have south of Roanoke well on the look out. North of Roanoke connects easily to Kentucky and WVA, lots of rural mountainous areas to hide. We have so may large areas of forest, denise with growth. If they are hunker down in the mountains, it will be difficult to locate them. Many have hidden in the mountains for years.

MOO.. I think they will head west or south. Its much easier to be obscure in CA or FL. They have huge head start.

If they are “camping out”, they would more than likely have a propane heater IMO Fire is gonna draw attention. But then he’d have to keep filling the tanks, unless he’s got a supply (there are small ones, he could have stocked up on). MOO

Are you in the eastern side of state? I know the western side received all the way to the NC, Tennessee line.
I’m in northern va. About 30 miles south of DC

ETA:I was so intuned to signs and cars in the dark last night wondering if he was passing me in the opposite direction I completely missed my exit and ended up way south of home before I realized. :confused:

Last edited:
I’m in northern va. About 30 miles south of DC

ETA:I was so intuned to signs and cars in the dark last night wondering if he was passing me in the opposite direction I completely missed my exit and ended up way south of home before I realized. :confused:

I know what you mean!! Was headed to Floyd for Friday night music and dinner. I was checking every car coming and going. Thank goodness I wasn't the driver or we wouldn't have made it.

I know what you mean!! Was headed to Floyd for Friday night music and dinner. I was checking every car coming and going. Thank goodness I wasn't the driver or we wouldn't have made it.

Praying for this girl to be found safe!!

OT, Simply Southern, do you go to the little diner place in Floyd with the bluegrass on the weekends? My husband and I recently stayed in Bent Mountain, and had dinner there :)

I wish we knew the details of Bruce being kicked out a month ago. Perhaps it's a private, unrelated matter, but considering what is going on now, it's hard to think it's not related in some way at least.

If mom had her suspicions he was grooming/molesting the daughter and that was the reason for the demise of their relationship and his being kicked out, I'm left wondering why she wouldn't have gone to police a month ago.
I wish we knew how much cash he took with him and what kind of "camping gear" they took. Tent? What size and color? Propane heater? Camp stove? Does he really think they can live off the land? Does he have a credit card? They will surface before long. Check the Wal-Mart cameras and parking lots.

Parents? As in plural?
I'm confused...

*modsnip*

Also, interesting to note, I'm not seeing anyone posting on Bruce's FB telling him to bring her back or calling him out. Usually everybody piles on and it all is on FB for everyone to see. How come it's silent?

I'm really confused now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was just about to post the same thing. Could Mom and Husband reconciled at which point boyfriend got kicked out?

I'm having a difficult time understanding the family dynamic here.

Also, interesting to note, I'm not seeing anyone posting on Bruce's FB telling him to bring her back or calling him out. Usually everybody piles on and it all is on FB for everyone to see. How come it's silent?

I'm really confused now.

MOO.. I feel sure anyone posting in his FB, will be visited by the FBI, shortly.

Just checked the TV stations Western VA and Richmond, no new updates.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FrnkKrcher
Back