VA - Jaiden Kelly, 9 mos, drowned in bathtub, Norfolk, 2 July 2008

I am sorry he passed away. I remember this case and I was convinced that it was the mother who was at fault. I was surprised that he is the one the police charged. How did he pass away?

*Speculating- here as it is all I have. After the passing of his daughter he was very deeply depressed. (This I witnessed) It was very hard for him to cope with the loss, (He was tore up, always showing off pictures of the baby on his cell phone. {before and after her passing} he was so proud of her-and his son. He was always doting on the kids) Well he was prescribed some anti-depressants, I want to say valium and had a few drinks out one night at the bar. The mix of valium and alcohol were the cause, as he went to sleep and did not wake up. This was what I heard. I don't mean to start a rumor so take this as word in the music scene.*
Also there was a toxicology report after he passed but I have never heard those results.
It is so very sad, he was so talented, a lover of animals, children and of course music. He had many friends. He is the kind of guy that was friends with all of his ex girlfriends. He was very popular with the ladies. There is a brief statement on the music myspace page about his passing also.
Here is the link to the obit.

Norfolk – J* Kelly, 34, passed away February 5, 2009
http://www.tributes.com/show/Jeremy-Kelly-86148554

Before they had the baby he was in a very serious motorcycle accident where he nearly died. This happened on April 1st. He was on a motorbike and crashed into a tree at a high rate of speed. It was a violent crash, his skull was crushed and he fell to the ground hanging on for life. He fell into a puddle of water and nearly drowned. He was in the burn trauma unit at the hospital where they did 17 hours of facial reconstruction surgery to repair his injuries and many thought he wouldn't survive. 6 weeks later he recorded the 2nd and final cd. Just a little history. He had a strong will to live. Then they had Jaiden.

I just want to know who is really responsible for the death of Jaiden. He can't defend himself now that he is gone as well.
Could someone inform me how to get the incident report or 911 call or anything at all? Any information might hold the answers. Thanks so much.

i dont know if he's blameless, but the mom took 20 sleeping pills and then left the baby in the bathtub? how was she not charged?

im totally lost here

i dont know if he's blameless, but the mom took 20 sleeping pills and then left the baby in the bathtub? how was she not charged?

im totally lost here

That was my understanding as well. I am also not understanding. Nothing will bring her back...but.. I know he made the 911 call. Js brother said that J was manipulated in a frantic moment which I am not understanding what was said, what happened and what not. Any documents would clear it up I think. I have been wanting these answers for so long. Thanks for the comments here and any direction on how to get these documents are greatly appreciated.

That was my understanding as well. I am also not understanding. Nothing will bring her back...but.. I know he made the 911 call. Js brother said that J was manipulated in a frantic moment which I am not understanding what was said, what happened and what not. Any documents would clear it up I think. I have been wanting these answers for so long. Thanks for the comments here and any direction on how to get these documents are greatly appreciated.

you can ask. i assume you have.

if that doesnt work, you can sue under the freedom of information act.

I am so sorry his life ended in that way. I know he must have been devestated at the loss of his precious daughter and then to actually be put in jail for her death. I always wondered what happened on this case and if the mother was ever charged. Are you local to the area where you could go to the library and pull up the newspaper archives from the case?

The local papers dont have jack, Im telling ya. Thank you for your sympathies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back