VA VA - James Walker, 53, Bedford, 7 Apr 2000

I just wrote this long post and it totally just disappeared so I'll try this again...

For those of you who are not familiar with Taylor's Mountain, please feel free to check out my Taylor's Mountain Descendents' Facebook page and look for the videos I did a few years ago as I rode around the mountain. They will give you an idea of what the terrain is like and what the area looks like.

There are 3 roads leading up into and down off of the mountain...Murray Hollow Road on the western side, Cool Spring Road (or the middle road as some of us call it) and Taylor Mountain Road on the eastern side. Some people who live closer to the upper part of Cool Spring Road will go down Taylor Mountain Road instead of Cool Spring Road because Taylor Mountain Road is closer to our main highway, Route 460, which gets us to Bedford, Lynchburg, Roanoke, etc.

I just wrote this long post and it totally just disappeared so I'll try this again...

For those of you who are not familiar with Taylor's Mountain, please feel free to check out my Taylor's Mountain Descendents' Facebook page and look for the videos I did a few years ago as I rode around the mountain. They will give you an idea of what the terrain is like and what the area looks like.

There are 3 roads leading up into and down off of the mountain...Murray Hollow Road on the western side, Cool Spring Road (or the middle road as some of us call it) and Taylor Mountain Road on the eastern side. Some people who live closer to the upper part of Cool Spring Road will go down Taylor Mountain Road instead of Cool Spring Road because Taylor Mountain Road is closer to our main highway, Route 460, which gets us to Bedford, Lynchburg, Roanoke, etc.

I know where that is at. Where are you James? Your family loves you.

I started a post on my Taylor's Mountain Descendents' page tonight about James' disappearance and threw some questions out there that have been bothering me...questions like who was the last person to talk to James before he disappeared besides the people he was living with and how much time elapsed between that time and the time he was reported missing. Hopefully we can get something stirred up.

We haven't forgotten James! :blowkiss:

Bumping this up, because Jame's family think that he never left Kelly Mountain. Come home James, your family and friends will never give up on you.

The day dad went missing the first report was that it was Donald Adams and his wife juanita was there with dad then after the video was found we found out they lied it was Donald Adams, rose Dooley and Bruce carter there and could not see dad in the video at all why they was not charged for giving a false report is beyond me the first report was stated that dad was sitting on the park bench in front of the store then stated standing beside car and the changed to sitting in the car the statements that was made to the newspapers back then from Lynchburg news and bedford and roanoke times is like night and day even four months after dad went missing there is a lot of unanswered questions

And we've definitely pissed some people off in the past few days with the conversation on the TMD page...I got "unfriended"! lol

The majority of the land is private owned. Without permission, you can't legally go looking for anything. If Mr. Walker were to have been buried on that Mtn, well, either a confession, or accidental finding is probably about the only way. It's very rural, with lots of areas to hide anything. Yes even Moonshine is still made up on that Mtn!

I read in the Lyon's sisters case, some bones were found during the search, BUT, no way of knowing yet if they belonged to either of the girls, or maybe an unmarked grave was dug up. Testing isn't back. I hope there's one of Mr. Walker's bones in those found. Sad to say, because no one wants to think about him being dead, but I think in reality he is, so to find anything related to him would be a lead.

I'm wondering if the people he was living with was getting a monthly check for him? Was Mr. Walker working anywhere? Where did he work in the past? Long enough to get a retirement check? Disability check? He wasn't old enough for social security. Maybe SSI? Somehow someone benefitted from him being gone....if the investigators follow that... they'll find out what happened! Maybe the Grand Jury needs to meet on this case as well!! Put some of those witnesses on the stand, and see if they can remember their lies from years ago! Truth doesn't change, lies do. Reinterview them all, start the investigation as if it's never been done, and see where the evidence leads! With there being NO evidence Mr. Walker was at Food Lion that day, then wonder what happened that those present chose THAT DAY to report him missing? How long was he missing before being reported? No known health issues. Though to me he doesn't look well in that photo that's shared. If he passed of natural causes, there shouldn't have been a reason not to notify LE! Unless there was illegal activity going on, and LE wasn't wanted on the property?! Not sure on that, as I don't know the ones he was with. But I'm going to start asking questions and see what I can find out about them. The names sound familiar, but if they were standing in front of me, I wouldn't know them.

And we've definitely pissed some people off in the past few days with the conversation on the TMD page...I got "unfriended"! lol

Excellent! Rattling some cages may get them upset enough that someone slips and says something!! Keep up the heat!!!

The majority of the land is private owned. Without permission, you can't legally go looking for anything. If Mr. Walker were to have been buried on that Mtn, well, either a confession, or accidental finding is probably about the only way. It's very rural, with lots of areas to hide anything. Yes even Moonshine is still made up on that Mtn!

I read in the Lyon's sisters case, some bones were found during the search, BUT, no way of knowing yet if they belonged to either of the girls, or maybe an unmarked grave was dug up. Testing isn't back. I hope there's one of Mr. Walker's bones in those found. Sad to say, because no one wants to think about him being dead, but I think in reality he is, so to find anything related to him would be a lead.

I'm wondering if the people he was living with was getting a monthly check for him? Was Mr. Walker working anywhere? Where did he work in the past? Long enough to get a retirement check? Disability check? He wasn't old enough for social security. Maybe SSI? Somehow someone benefitted from him being gone....if the investigators follow that... they'll find out what happened! Maybe the Grand Jury needs to meet on this case as well!! Put some of those witnesses on the stand, and see if they can remember their lies from years ago! Truth doesn't change, lies do. Reinterview them all, start the investigation as if it's never been done, and see where the evidence leads! With there being NO evidence Mr. Walker was at Food Lion that day, then wonder what happened that those present chose THAT DAY to report him missing? How long was he missing before being reported? No known health issues. Though to me he doesn't look well in that photo that's shared. If he passed of natural causes, there shouldn't have been a reason not to notify LE! Unless there was illegal activity going on, and LE wasn't wanted on the property?! Not sure on that, as I don't know the ones he was with. But I'm going to start asking questions and see what I can find out about them. The names sound familiar, but if they were standing in front of me, I wouldn't know them.

I know the ones he was with...they are related to me.

The day dad went missing the first report was that it was Donald Adams and his wife juanita was there with dad then after the video was found we found out they lied it was Donald Adams, rose Dooley and Bruce carter there and could not see dad in the video at all why they was not charged for giving a false report is beyond me the first report was stated that dad was sitting on the park bench in front of the store then stated standing beside car and the changed to sitting in the car the statements that was made to the newspapers back then from Lynchburg news and bedford and roanoke times is like night and day even four months after dad went missing there is a lot of unanswered questions

Why was Donald the only one named in the newspapers? Why hide who was with him? What purpose would that serve?

Heck Hope. You can find Moonshine any where in these mountains of Eastern Kentucky lol. The old timers are not gonna quit either. Their reasoning is, they paid taxes on the corn, jars, sugar etc. So they paid their dues. :D

Where are you James???

I have always wondered that even that why the lead investigator was requested by Donald because they was friends it should not have happened in my personal opinion !!!!

I have always wondered that even that why the lead investigator was requested by Donald because they was friends it should not have happened in my personal opinion !!!!

Conflict of interest! Makes me wonder just how much was covered up during that investigation back then!

Exactly how can you request your own buddy to do your investigation ? Is it moral to do something like that ?

No it's not moral to do something like that...as a matter of fact, it's the perfect way to cover up something that you don't want somebody to find out. If you request your buddy, then your buddy can make sure he steers the investigation in the direction he wants it to go in. He can tell the press what he wants the press to know, he can make it sound like he's doing an investigation by supposedly checking on all the leads, but all the while his main concern is protecting his buddy.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419
Back