CATCH THE LATEST WEBSLEUTHS RADIO AS WE LOOK INTO THE TERRIFYING WORLD OF MEDICAL SERIAL KILLERS
CLICK HERE TO LISTEN

VA VA - Johannes de Hart, 62, Manassas, 29 Sept 1999

Discussion in 'Cold Cases' started by astridxx, Sep 15, 2014.

1. astridxx

astridxx Active Member

Police Follow Clothing Label To Slain Tourist's Identity
    By Josh White
    The Washington Post
    After finding an unidentified body in a Manassas, Va., creek in September, police detectives used what little evidence they had - most importantly a small tag on the man's underwear - to trace the victim's origins across the Atlantic in a joint investigation with European authorities.

Police identified the man Nov. 4 as Johannes Dehart, 62, of the Netherlands, a tourist who set out alone in September to explore the United States, said Sgt. Kim Chinn, a police spokeswoman. Dehart's son called authorities in the Netherlands after seeing a 30-second segment on television there, on a show similar to "America's Most Wanted" that displayed a computer-enhanced photograph of Dehart that was furnished by Prince William County, Va., police.

The path to the show's broadcast, Detective Charlie Hoffman said, was traveled slowly.

<mod snip>

Copyright (c) 1999 Seattle Times Company, All Rights Reserved.

http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/archive/?date=19991112&slug=2994727

10647198_730571243658978_5115660675050583144_n.png

2. Ms Suzanne

Ms Suzanne Well-Known Member

This address is at Loch Lomond Baptist Church.He was in a creek behind this building? It is in Manassas Park. Not Manassas I believe. Some area's in Manassas are really nice. Manassas Park is not. He was probably mugged for his money.Was his wallet and money still on him when he was found?

3. Ms Suzanne

The PRTC OmniLink Manassas Park bus runs down that way. Manassas Dr. & Lomond Dr.( one of the stops) there are other stops too. You can take this bus to the Manassas shopping center.

There is also the Manassas cab.

4. Ms Suzanne

Most people stay at the olde towne inn in manassas.

5. astridxx

astridxx Active Member

Come on, Manassas and Manassas Park isn't THAT bad lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Ms Suzanne

LOL.Manassas can be very good in a few parts. Manassas Park in my opinion is not too good. The area he was found is not a good area or anywhere around it.

7. astridxx

astridxx Active Member

Are you from the area? I've lived here my entire life -_-;

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Ms Suzanne

Not any more. We were there for awhile.My last son was born in Prince William Hospital awhile ago. They had just put the new beautiful rooms you go to after you have a baby. It was very special to me.Most of my children were born and raised in Florida.The other half of my children in Virginia. I want to go back to Florida.Florida is home in my heart.

9. glf

glf New Member

Nothing at all? This tourist was mugged and killed and his memory has been forgotten by Prince William County? That sucks!