VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #11

How do you feel the jury will decide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel compassion for EB. She had a difficult client and she took a lot of heat from the public. She was just doing her job and it may have cost her future clients. I don’t want her to suffer because of AH.
I don't feel any compassion for EB. She lied and lied and lied for her client and had no respect for the Court. She kept talking over the Judge so many times I wanted to scream.

I feel compassion for EB. She had a difficult client and she took a lot of heat from the public. She was just doing her job and it may have cost her future clients. I don’t want her to suffer because of AH.
The defense did an admirable job given the client they had. I wouldn't worry too much about EB. Any anguish she went through is being well $$$$$$$$ compensated for.

Amateur opinion and speculation

From the same article, posted by @neesaki:

"The Heard-Depp saga shows how the #MeToo narrative is a very well-funded and highly credentialed freight train that, once moving, is impossible to stop.

And it can destroy lives unjustly because many men are victims and not all women are to be believed."

Bravo!

It's true of the #metoo movement and anytime a person is accused of a crime, really. What's ironic about America is that we say you are innocent until proved guilty, and that's true in the court of law -- NOT the court of public opinion.

In fact, being accused of things becomes extremely harmful and follows you for years. Even an arrest with no charges can follow you for 7 years or more. It's really sad how we in America do not stand up for ourselves and make it harder on people to victimize us once we win in the court system or once we've paid and are set free.

For example, I know someone whose ex accused him of molesting her child. He was arrested, but after 40 days in jail on a $200k bond, the prosecution could not file charges. They had no evidence. It was like two years after the charges were dropped that she admitted to his lawyer that she lied about it. Still, four years after the arrest, it sits on his record. People see it when he applies or jobs. He can't get hired places. If you google people with records and how hard it is for them to get good jobs, sometimes even low wages ones, you'll see.

He had been completely traumatized for being in jail that long, and this happens to so many men because more women FALSELY accuse men of DV and SV than do REAL victims accuse the ones that DESERVE to be reported, It's ironic and sad, isn't it?

Sometimes, I go read the questions on Avvo dot com, that lawyer website that answers potential customer questions. I can be in there for hours, reading about stuff like this and how records are ruining people, because even if they did do it, and they served their time, it's STILL on their record, punishing them more from getting decent jobs when they are released. It's horrible and stupid.

For example, JD did the dumbest thing EVER when he met AH despite the restraining order. She could have called the police and had him arrested and he would have been criminally convicted of breaking the order. This happens to men ALL the time, and once it happens, it's on their record. Even a misdemeanor can make potential employees thumb right by your resume once they do a background check, and that's because they can just hire the next guy who doesn't have a record.

I just wish that police records did not affect you civilly trying to get a job. That's double punishment for the guilty and it's punishing an innocent person who never gets charges filed or who is found not guilty. That's why I can't stand what #metoo has done to a lot of men. It's good to believe credible abuse stories, but we have to hear the man's side, too.

ETA-- I will add that some states, I don't know all of them, will take an arrest with no further action off your record in a shorter time period. But if there are charges, even if dropped or found not guilty...you're stuck with it unless you pay to have it expunged or sealed. In some states, you can only have ONE thing expunged or sealed in a lifetime. And it costs money of course to hire a lawyer to do it right. You can attempt to do it yourself, but if you mess up....that was your shot...And, even if it's off the record, it might not be off those background check places, so they will still report it. You have to appeal to them individually with your proof they need to remove it.

Last edited:
If this was day 6 of Johnny being gone the bruise should have been a yellowish or greenish color according to this article.
It appears to me when looking closely at the pic she also had a big pimple on her cheek.jmo
And that doesn’t even look like a real bruise, IMO.

I think that AH probably thought she knew more than her attorneys and ran her own defense. I'm pretty positive her attorneys would never have put her back on the stand.

If this was day 6 of Johnny being gone the bruise should have been a yellowish or greenish color according to this article.
It appears to me when looking closely at the pic she also had a big pimple on her cheek.jmo
Agreed! I thought that as well! Imo it looks like a zit or blemish she popped or messed with and it got red and irritated. I also think she may have applied some of her bruise kit makeup on top of the blemish. MOO

It's true of the #metoo movement and anytime a person is accused of a crime, really. What's ironic about America is that we say you are innocent until proved guilty, and that's true in the court of law -- NOT the court of public opinion.

In fact, being accused of things becomes extremely harmful and follows you for years. Even an arrest with no charges can follow you for 7 years or more. It's really sad how we in America do not stand up for ourselves and make it harder on people to victimize us once we win in the court system or once we've paid and are set free.

For example, I know someone whose ex accused him of molesting her child. He was arrested, but after 40 days in jail on a $200k bond, the prosecution could not file charges. They had no evidence. It was like two years after the charges were dropped that she admitted to his lawyer that she lied about it. Still, four years after the arrest, it sits on his record. People see it when he applies or jobs. He can't get hired places. If you google people with records and how hard it is for them to get good jobs, sometimes even low wages ones, you'll see.

He had been completely traumatized for being in jail that long, and this happens to so many men because more women FALSELY accuse men of DV and SV than do REAL victims accuse the ones that DESERVE to be reported, It's ironic and sad, isn't it?

Sometimes, I go read the questions on Avvo dot com, that lawyer website that answers potential customer questions. I can be in there for hours, reading about stuff like this and how records are ruining people, because even if they did do it, and they served their time, it's STILL on their record, punishing them more from getting decent jobs when they are released. It's horrible and stupid.

For example, JD did the dumbest thing EVER when he met AH despite the restraining order. She could have called the police and had him arrested and he would have been criminally convicted of breaking the order. This happens to men ALL the time, and once it happens, it's on their record. Even a misdemeanor can make potential employees thumb right by your resume once they do a background check, and that's because they can just hire the next guy who doesn't have a record.

I just wish that police records did not affect you civilly trying to get a job. That's double punishment for the guilty and it's punishing an innocent person who never gets charges filed or who is found not guilty. That's why I can't stand what #metoo has done to a lot of men. It's good to believe credible abuse stories, but we have to hear the man's side, too.

ETA-- I will add that some states, I don't know all of them, will take an arrest with no further action off your record in a shorter time period. But if there are charges, even if dropped or found not guilty...you're stuck with it unless you pay to have it expunged or sealed. In some states, you can only have ONE thing expunged or sealed in a lifetime. And it costs money of course to hire a lawyer to do it right. You can attempt to do it yourself, but if you mess up....that was your shot...And, even if it's off the record, it might not be off those background check places, so they will still report it. You have to appeal to them individually with your proof they need to remove it.

Good points, and yet AH was able to get HER arrest for DV at the Seattle airport expunged from the record, and even was able to try to harass the security officer for homophobia.

Good points, and yet AH was able to get HER arrest for DV at the Seattle airport expunged from the record, and even was able to try to harass the security officer for homophobia.

Yeah, and as we see, we all know about it. And I believe they had the actual arrest record also because you can't expunge or seal it from court, police, etc. I do not know why they couldn't admit it or it was kept out, but yes, us knowing about it is proof that you can't get rid of it. It's wild that if she had it expunged, that we can know about it some 25 years or so later. Maybe it was because of the press? IDK.

It's sad that she was able to harass the police like that. I guess what she says about "abuser privilege" could be true? But even with AH, I say that if she wasn't charged or convicted, it should have been expunged and forgotten and not used against her today. Every American should have that as a right in our legal system. It can't keep getting brought up. Like this with JD. It shouldn't keep getting brought up. He was never arrested or charged or convicted with anything.

ETA-- and maybe that's why they couldn't use her arrest record in court, but the officer was allowed to testify to what she saw. Because it was expunged. IDK. I do know the court can still see it, though.

Last edited:
Has anyone seen a report about how long the jury stayed yesterday? It was close to 3:00 when they went to the jury room to begin deliberations. I was just wondering how long they might have stayed to get started discussing the case. I was not expecting a verdict last night.

To everyone who followed the case here, I hope you have a wonderful holiday weekend with family and friends. Be well.

Has anyone seen a report about how long the jury stayed yesterday? It was close to 3:00 when they went to the jury room to begin deliberations. I was just wondering how long they might have stayed to get started discussing the case. I was not expecting a verdict last night.

To everyone who followed the case here, I hope you have a wonderful holiday weekend with family and friends. Be well.
She dismissed them about 5-6ish.

I recall the judge coming back and dismissing them with strong admonition for the weekend at about 5pm their time. At they point they apparently knew it would take more time and left. Same to you for a nice holiday weekend and thanks for all the chat here...best place I have found to get reasonable opinions and up to the minute info. Not going to watch any of the rehash over the weekend.

She better have gotten paid up front......
Amber Heard Net Worth
I bet the legal fees are in the millions. According to this and some other sites her net worth is 2 1/2 million. If she loses this case she may very well have to file bankruptcy. So her team may not get paid along with her pledges. jmo.
Found this on their legal fees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member