VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #11

How do you feel the jury will decide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, this is a possibility since there is a deal of repetition in the questions.

It’s all clear as mud to me now, lol…

yes, it’s standard practice to go count by count v. slowly.

when I was on a jury, I generally got around it by confessing to my host ahead of time and swearing host to secrecy.

The biggest problem they face is keeping it quiet at work, I should think, as they had to report to their jobs on Fridays… I always worked for a law firm so they knew better than to ask, lol.

my hunch says a verdict will come Thursday.
Dear @squareandrabbet,

I think your hunch is spot on! Thursday sounds just right.

Sorry, not that I have seen… I may have missed something though. Sometimes it’s easy to get lost in scrolling down these super blandly named files, lol.

I went back and quickly looked and all I can find is 26 seconds of it .. posted on JD's evidence on 4/21 .. now I'm going to stay awake all night wondering how I listened to the whole tape and where I found it :rolleyes: I am really disappointed that it's not one of the audios that the jurors can hear.

Sir Paul went through a hellish divorce with the former Heather Mills.

He proffered ~$31.6 million, she wanted $250 million. They settled on $48.6 million and she poured a cup of water on the head of his attorney.

Of course, they were married for 4 years and had a child together.

AH had no basis for a claim of $50 million. She had settled for $7 million but evidently determined this wasn't enough from him.

Dear @Herat,

Oh gosh! I remember that nothing from the divorce between Heather Mills and Paul McCartney went over well with the public. Her demands were quite outrageous.

As for A.H. settling for $7 million from J.D., she had said at the time that it wasn't about the money and she would be donating the entire $7 million to charities. (As we are all very much aware of!)

It's unfortunate that "pledging" means the same as "donating" in A.H.'s world.

Very unfortunate for the charities, indeed. It's very saddening.

Am trying to go back over Judge with the lawyers about what would be on the laptop, I know exhibits would be there and are mentioned, but I remember CV asking about whether some video depositions would also be on it and the Judge saying " not unless they are in evidence" but cannot find that segment now. So you may absolutely be right that they just have pics and texts on the laptop, and have to rely on memory re: witnesses. :)
I think I found it!
At 5:51:39

No video depositions in closing and also will not go back with the Jury as evidence.

Slim was the nickname he had for AH, Steve was AH's nickname for him. Based on a Bogart and Bacall movie. I believe he had the tattoo modified to SCAM now. The L is now a "C" and the slashed anarchy "A" in red over the I. Or maybe it's SCUM? Because I can see that I might have been changed to a "U".

In any case, it was a tattoo signifying AH, which has since been changed, for obvious reasons.

Did anyone notice the Slim tat on JD hand? I did but I just found a photo of it. He has altered it in red but I’m not sure what it is.View attachment 347221View attachment 347220

He changed it to "scum"
IIRC he testified to this but I need to go back and try to find it .. I may have misunderstood

ETA .. after doing a search I am seeing that he first had it changed to "scum" and then had it changed again to "scam" o_O I'm trying to find a source that I can post

Last edited:

Excerpt:

"Though the identities of the jurors will remain sealed for a year, given the high-profile nature of the case, several media outlets have reported the jury’s demographic makeup from inside the courtroom."

"According to Court TV, the jury is composed of five men and two women, with another woman and man serving as alternates; they appear to range in age from their 20s to one who could be older than 60."

Sir Paul went through a hellish divorce with the former Heather Mills.

He proffered ~$31.6 million, she wanted $250 million. They settled on $48.6 million and she poured a cup of water on the head of his attorney.

Of course, they were married for 4 years and had a child together.

AH had no basis for a claim of $50 million. She had settled for $7 million but evidently determined this wasn't enough from him.

When are these elderly gentleman going to learn, that there’s a “reason” these much younger women want to marry them. It’s such a shame to see them all get taken for granted, and too often, taken to the cleaners. JMO

According to Et Johnny has spent 5M in attorneys fees and AH 3. They aired a clip of Johnny singing in the UK and they showed the Ritz in Virginia. “Where they are known to dine and have $1K bottles of wine”
I'm glad it's lower. Last week I read somewhere that JD spent $10M and AH $6M.

I did find this from 5 days ago but it's more of an estimate:

"Taking an average of $600 an hour for each lawyer -- Depp has seven lawyers. Plus the support staff, court costs, travel costs, etc. Then add in the six-week trial. Then add 24+ months to complete discovery and prepare for trial.

"I would say it has cost Depp at least $5.5 million for his legal team," Arora concluded.

As for Heard's team, Arora believes it cost her much less on account of her smaller legal team.

"I believe Heard has three lawyers from Virginia area. For her, I would say $3 million in fees plus $200k in experts.

I'm glad it's lower. Last week I read somewhere that JD spent $10M and AH $6M.

I did find this from 5 days ago but it's more of an estimate:

"Taking an average of $600 an hour for each lawyer -- Depp has seven lawyers. Plus the support staff, court costs, travel costs, etc. Then add in the six-week trial. Then add 24+ months to complete discovery and prepare for trial.

"I would say it has cost Depp at least $5.5 million for his legal team," Arora concluded.

As for Heard's team, Arora believes it cost her much less on account of her smaller legal team.

"I believe Heard has three lawyers from Virginia area. For her, I would say $3 million in fees plus $200k in experts.

So how is Heard gonna pay for this?

Did EB and BR get "pledges", too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members