VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s what I thought was bizarre. Even I know what Arnica is, and have never even heard of amica cream. Did she ever get that right?
OMG you mean that during that entire harangue at Depp's painter friend repeating the potions and creams Amber supposedly uses without anyone knowing it....she meant a plant in the daisy family? LOL. Maybe she was confused with amicus. I never heard of Amica either, I thought it must be some opaque cream slathered on by people who need to daily conceal bruises. A daisy? lol

I'll continue to watch this thread for new posts.

In the meantime, I want to say thank you to everyone who posted on this thread. Your posts were compassionate, insightful and meaningful (with a dash of lightheartedness where needed).

Such a pleasant group of members here. :)

Frankly, I agree. Depp should have been in court for the verdict. Amber Heard was there. Even though Depp won, he let Amber win the parting shot in the court of public perception. Maybe by showing up, Amber showed herself not to be a the completely detestable person the verdict reflected--at least she had the decency to be there for the verdict, unlike Depp. IMO.
They were okayed not to show up by judicial motion; he had a concert tour in the UK; and as of yesterday, they were also saying she wouldn’t show up either. Today’s appearance on her part was a huge about-face.

Plus, that was his mulleted local security guy behind Camille and Ben outside. Clearly someone had been worried about any or all participants’ safety, IMO.

Her lies and her 'mountain full of evidence' with no medical records to back her up didn't get her anywhere with this trial. If it were me I would be so embarrassed that I was exposed as a manipulating woman. so many things she said, did and even her body language and facial expressions gave her away, I would not want to appeal. I think I would want to hide for a long time but she is a different breed of woman. Does she believe her lies?
For someone who looked at that jury everyday trying to garner sympathy and get them to side with her, she sure could not, did not look at them today.

That is what is being said across the board. Her LIES!!! She will always be known for that, as well for being the abuser that she is. The quantity of lies she told conveys that she believes her own lies.

There has to be a minority for people who wouldn’t be fearful to lie about everything on the stand like she did. I would be so scared if I lied while testifying.

She will have no long term relationships/friendships until she can admit that she needs help.

Veritas numquam perit (per Johnny Depp) - Truth never perishes
I'm so glad the truth came out. The worst is someone claiming to be a victim when they are not. It diminishes the real victims of DV/SA. The cackling AH tape betrayed her. I came into the trial thinking that JD was guilty because there's so much of that in Hollywood. But the testimony and evidence did not support AH IMO. I did a complete 180.

At the end of the proceedings today, Judge PA scheduled an Awards Hearing for later in June ( I believe the 24th ).
What takes place then?
Do they negotiate the terms of the $$$ payouts?
Haggle over the amount?
Just wondering if any legal eagles have said.

They were okayed not to show up by judicial motion; he had a concert tour in the UK; and as of yesterday, they were also saying she wouldn’t show up either. Today’s appearance on her part was a huge about-face.

Plus, that was his mulleted local security guy behind Camille and Ben outside. Clearly someone had been worried about any or all participants’ safety, IMO.
I'm glad he got on with his life and wasn't hesitantly hanging around court for constant side by side media views of his and Amber's faces. He said what he had to say, he moved on, and that's that. He was willing to accept the verdict, and even if he had not won he would not have posted a bunch of nanny nanny booboo stuff like Amber is doing.

I'm so glad the truth came out. The worst is someone claiming to be a victim when they are not. It diminishes the real victims of DV/SA. The cackling AH tape betrayed her. I came into the trial thinking that JD was guilty because there's so much of that in Hollywood. But the testimony and evidence did not support AH IMO. I did a complete 180.
Me too, 180, expecting another "big star" abusing "starlets". Nothing could be further from the truth. IMO

So did I.
And then each day the evidence was so overwhelming that HE was the one being abused.
The evidence speaks the truth.

I'll continue to watch this thread for new posts.

In the meantime, I want to say thank you to everyone who posted on this thread. Your posts were compassionate, insightful and meaningful (with a dash of lightheartedness where needed).

Such a pleasant group of members here. :)
We are very lucky here at WS to have a great place to post and I’ve always admired the high level of commitment so many members have to seek out the truth.

What 'mountian of evidence'. The jury,judge hell the whole world has seen your 'evidence', and decided it was all lies.
I cannot believe she is still blaming this decision again on how 'poweful' he is.
I say she will appeal this. Don't know how that works in civil cases and especially in America, I am from Ireland.
I just hope she gets the help she needs. She has a tiny human being looking up to her for the rest of her life, so I hope she has learned from this and move on, and be the best possilbe mother that adorable baby needs.

I'm glad he got on with his life and wasn't hesitantly hanging around court for constant side by side media views of his and Amber's faces. He said what he had to say, he moved on, and that's that. He was willing to accept the verdict, and even if he had not won he would not have posted a bunch of nanny nanny booboo stuff like Amber is doing.
What cracks me up is the many lawyers on Court TV saying that AH's statement may be defamatory. She hasn't learned a thing. The girl wants the last nasty word. I agree with you, @NuttMegg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Canadiantrumper