VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
IANAL, but as far as I know, no. You cannot appeal an issue you did not raise during the trial. In general. If AH's lawyers raised issues of the jury sleeping/not paying attention/misconduct during the trial and were over-ruled by the judge, they could appeal that. But they never raised it, so are essentially out of luck with that point. This is the difference between good lawyers and not so good lawyers. Good lawyers will raise every conceivable issue and object to everything in order to get it on the record for future appeals. AH's lawyers did not do this as far as the jury is concerned, so the appeals court will likely not entertain it. IMO

Im really surprised that Judy revealed that publicly. No one would have known if she hadn’t said anything. She may get some backlash on it if she is employed there. I don’t recall if she‘s independent or on payroll.

I don't think jealousy was the only thing at play here. I think huge resentment popped in because I think she thought Johnny should have been out there promoting her and beating the streets to find her projects to pull her onto the A-list with him. When he had downtime he instead used it to catch up with friends, play music, read dozens of scripts that showed up unsolicited on his agent's desk. I wonder if she became so vile because she was angry he wasn't using that time to benefit her. Elevate her. Promote her.

But Johnny is not that guy. His previous girlfriends had all made it on their own talent and merits (just like he did) and I think he expected Amber to do the same. Get her own projects. Promote herself. Manage her own career. He wasn't interested in being her agent or manager. She had people for that. But I think she became increasingly hostile that he didn't use his power to pull strings for her, which is why she married him in the first place. She doesn't have a fraction of the talent required to acquire lead roles on her own and I think she got seriously irritable that he wasn't doing it for her.

When her marriage to him did not gain her the attention and roles she craved, she turned her venom on him rather than face the reality that she is a middle of the road actress and that's all she's ever going to be, no matter who she is married to. I think she still doesn't understand this. It's Johnny's fault Hollywood isn't beating down her door (in her mind) - when the truth is they never were. Not before she met Johnny. Not while she was married to Johnny. And not after she divorced Johnny.

The first I'd even heard of her was when she smuggled dogs into Australia. And that was only because Depp was involved. I had no idea who she was or even what her name was. The next I heard of her was the divorce. And I didn't even know it was the same woman at first. Even at this stage of the game I've never seen her in a movie. If not for him I would have no idea who she is, other than Johnny Depp's ex-wife. And she's 36 years old, not 22. I'm not saying it's fair, but as a female actress if you haven't made it in Hollywood by age 36 you're not likely going to.

I think she latched so hard onto Johnny Depp because she wasn't getting anywhere on her own and she needed him to get her there. It's probably the same reason she latched on to (or tried anyway) to Elon Musk. But that didn't work either. I think something very similar to this situation would have happened to whatever man (Depp, Musk or anyone else, male or female) who failed to indulge her entitlement and give her what she felt she was owed. The wrath and spite and revenge came out. Johnny Depp unfortunately became the target, but it could have been anybody in power, or who she thought had the power to help her, but didn't.

Johnny is not blameless for this mess, though. He left his very stable partner and children to have a stereotypical mid-life crisis and go chasing after a younger, beautiful woman. That was massively stupid and men who do this generally wind up the worse for it. As we see here.

Is Johnny Depp a risk taker? Yes. Is he sometimes reckless? Yes. Is he sometimes irresponsible? Yes. He freely admits all that. He always has. But is he abusive towards women? No, no I don't think so. He generally splits amicably from his girlfriends and even remains friends with them to this day. He's nearly 60 years old and had never been accused of abuse towards women until Amber Heard came along. When Amber made her accusations, women did not come out of the woodwork to say Depp acted that way with them, as well. Nothing. That is very telling.

Sorry, I'm just rambling at this point, so I'll just shut up now.

This post is entirely my own opinion.
If you believe Io, JD said AH had no talent

Johnny Depp threatened to 'peel' Amber Heard's hair back

https://nypost.com › 2022/05/17 › johnny-depp-threate...

May 17, 2022 — iO Tillett Wright testified that Johnny Depp told him that Amber Heard hasno talent.” AP. Depp allegedly made the remarks in the yard of ...

but he chose her for The Rum Diaries and later married her. There she is being told by the studio that she had no chemistry with the costar

Amber Heard and Jason Momoa 'didn't have a lot of chemistry ...

https://www.independent.co.uk › Culture › Film › New

May 25, 2022 — Warner Bros executive says Heard and Momoa had 'no chemistry' on Aquaman set ... Heard previously testified that her role in Aquaman 2 was ...

But if you believe AH on this account, JD told her no sexy roles, no sexy costumes, etc.

Amber Heard v. Johnny Depp: 5 Contradictions in Testimonies ...

https://www.newsweek.com › ... › Celebrities › Movies

May 6, 2022 — Heard Says She Avoided Sexual Scenes in Movies During her testimony, Heard also alleged that Depp was so jealous that she avoided doing scenes ..

The painted graffiti in the AUS house is all about AH being "easy," "ambitious" unfaithful, etc.

Johnny Depp's graffiti calling Amber Heard's ex 'Taysa van ...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk › news › article-8552557 › J...

Jul 23, 2020 — This is the first picture of the graffiti left by Johnny Depp on a ... Heard continued describing the damage to the house in Australia, ...

so even if you dislike AH or find her testimony about abuse completely unbelievable, there is evidence that JD was not really helping her career after Rum Diaries.

"Amber spent the weekend with her baby daughter. She is frustrated about the verdict," says the source, adding that Heard "just doesn't understand how" the seven-person jury reached their decision "with all the evidence her legal team presented."

"She is figuring out the next legal step," the source added.
The source adds, "For now, she wants to just focus on her baby girl. The trial took away a lot of special mommy time. Amber is looking forward to a summer with her daughter and family."

“with all the evidence her team presented“

Isn’t she appealing because not enough of her evidence was entered??

May 17, 2022 — iO Tillett Wright testified that Johnny Depp told him that Amber Heard hasno talent.” AP. Depp allegedly made the remarks in the yard of ...

but he chose her for The Rum Diaries and later married her. There she is being told by the studio that she had no chemistry with the costar

May 25, 2022 — Warner Bros executive says Heard and Momoa had 'no chemistry' on Aquaman set ... Heard previously testified that her role in Aquaman 2 was ...

But if you believe AH on this account, JD told her no sexy roles, no sexy costumes, etc.

May 6, 2022 — Heard Says She Avoided Sexual Scenes in Movies During her testimony, Heard also alleged that Depp was so jealous that she avoided doing scenes ..

The painted graffiti in the AUS house is all about AH being "easy," "ambitious" unfaithful, etc.

Jul 23, 2020 — This is the first picture of the graffiti left by Johnny Depp on a ... Heard continued describing the damage to the house in Australia, ...

so even if you dislike AH or find her testimony about abuse completely unbelievable, there is evidence that JD was not really helping her career after Rum Diaries.

Is this JD evidence credibly proven?

Is this for real?
Either way, I note Malcolm's already got that grip on his elbow, and it's not even lunch, lol:

Aside: Sometimes the gang of grifters say JD said "pull your hair back"; sometimes they say "peel your hair back" (you can amply find both ways reported).

IMO, they changed from "pull", which is completely sensible (he was wondering what he'd see vis-a-vis her eye covered by the hair - she certainly does love that Veronica Lake move), to "peel", when they couldn't rustle up any adequate photo evidence indicating that he had "peeled" any skin or follicles off of her head along with her hair - they're sneaky, this group.

Im really surprised that Judy revealed that publicly. No one would have known if she hadn’t said anything. She may get some backlash on it if she is employed there. I don’t recall if she‘s independent or on payroll.
I think a lot of people would know, including many in the courtroom at that time, though?

I read about one juror getting sleepy on Twitter from someone who attended the trial. But the post didn't get as much attention as this video is getting.

I believe she's independent since both sides hired her. IIRC

Last edited:
I read about one juror getting sleepy on Twitter from someone who attended the trial. But the post didn't get as much attention as this video is getting.

I believe she's independent since both sides hired her. IIRC
You are correct in your belief, as the topic has now been enshrined in Newsweek:

Is this JD evidence credibly proven?
there were a lot of emails which IMO were pretty telling and testimony from the studio. No commentator I have read has been critical of Io. Most people who say that AH lied object to her presentation of of "physical" abuse. Of course we know how the jury decided and we cannot tell exactly what they found persuasive or not.

TMZ has prepared a documentary on the Depp/Heard relationship, the trial and their futures ... which will air on Fox Network Tuesday at 9 PM ET. It's Called Depp vs. Heard: From Love to Hate."
I wonder how one-sided this will be....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member