VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reader

Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
ADMIN REMINDER:

Websleuths Victim Friendly rule does not allow members to poke fun at an alleged victim, trash them, or blame them for what they claim has happened to them.

If you want to do any of the above, WS isn't the place to do it.

ETA: Hopefully this clarifies ...

Johnny Depp has claimed defamation. Amber Heard is counter suing and has claimed DV.

Members shouldn't be poking fun at or trashing either of them. If you wish to make a respectful point based on known fact, that's fine, but please leave snarky comments about appearances and attire out of this discussion.

Last edited:
I've been following along here quietly. I'll start by saying I know very little about JD and I know even less about AH. I saw the first Pirates movie and also Edward Scissor Hands 100 years ago lol.
I've been watching the hearing and I believe JD. I think it very brave of him to admit publicly that he was abused. Men often face shaming when they report being a victim of domestic abuse particularly if the abuser is a woman. JMO YMMV

ADMIN REMINDER:

Websleuths Victim Friendly rule does not allow members to poke fun at an alleged victim, trash them, or blame them for what they claim has happened to them.

If you want to do any of the above, WS isn't the place to do it.

ETA: Hopefully this clarifies ...

Johnny Depp has claimed defamation. Amber Heard is counter suing and has claimed DV.

Members shouldn't be poking fun at or trashing either of them. If you wish to make a respectful point based on known fact, that's fine, but please leave snarky comments about appearances and attire out of this discussion.

Thank you! :)

I have been following quietly too, but have been a slave to every minute of trial watching. I am careful not to post because emotions and opinions run high in this case.

The fracases and behaviors of AH and JD are painfully familiar to me. Angry people with severe alcohol/drug dependency are no longer in control of their mental and physical nature. The drug or alcohol takes complete control of mind and body, even when these suffering individuals are sober for awhile. If one is not drinking or using, he or she is thinking about drinking or using and reacting to the restlessness and anxiety of not having the drug pumping through their body.

A nonviolent person can become violent in a heartbeat. This a sad and sensational trial. What has happened between AH and JD is far from rare. I think a lot of us watching this trial are identifying with several aspects of it.

(Just MO and reflections from personal experiences.)

Just read this regarding the texts between Bettany and Depp.

Johnny Depp v Amber Heard libel trial – updates: Catch up on what has happened in court so far

Statement from Johnny Depp representative on Paul Bettany texts

Breaking away from the court hearing briefly to bring you this statement from a representative for Johnny Depp, sent to Sky News affiliate NBC in the US.

The statement is about the texts sent to actor Paul Bettany, which came up in the trial earlier today. In one exchange, they talked about a drowning test to see if Heard was a witch, and talked about burning her.

"I want to draw your attention to this famous scene – 'she’s a witch' - from the film Monty Python, which Johnny has already testified is one of his favorite movies," the actor's representative said.

"Paul Bettany and Johnny bonded over the film and often made references to the movie in text exchanges. They both knew exactly what they were referring to and as Bettany has attested to before – 'we live in a world without context… can you imagine what it would be like, honestly, to have a bunch of lawyers go through every one of your emails and texts for 10 years?'"
Also from the the same article:

High-profile stars including James Franco, Paul Bettany and Elon Musk are also scheduled to give testimony during the six-week hearing.

The post I'm quoting is from 2016, but it's a good one. It's a post regarding his exes speaking on JD's defense.

Johnny Depp's Exes Reportedly Slam Amber Heard's 'Outrageous' Domestic Violence Allegations

.......two of Johnny Depp's exes have reportedly come to his defense.

"To whom it may concern, Johnny Depp is the father of my two children,"
"He is a sensitive, loving and loved person, and I believe with all my heart that these recent allegations being made are outrageous."

Paradis added that she has never witnessed this type of behavior "In all the years I have known Johnny, he has never been physically abusive with me and this looks nothing like the man I live with for 14 wonderful years," she continued, signing the letter.

Paradis' sister, Alysson Paradis, also defended the actor in an Instagram post on Sunday. "You are and will always be family to me. You are one of the funniest and most loving person i know. Love @lilyrose_depp @jackiepo0," she wrote.

Johnny Depp's Exes Reportedly Slam Amber Heard's 'Outrageous' Domestic Violence Allegations

Johnny Depp v Amber Heard libel trial – updates: Catch up on what has happened in court so far

Breaking away from the court hearing briefly to bring you this statement from a representative for Johnny Depp, sent to Sky News affiliate NBC in the US.

The statement is about the texts sent to actor Paul Bettany, which came up in the trial earlier today. In one exchange, they talked about a drowning test to see if Heard was a witch, and talked about burning her.

"I want to draw your attention to this famous scene – 'she’s a witch' - from the film Monty Python, which Johnny has already testified is one of his favorite movies," the actor's representative said.

"Paul Bettany and Johnny bonded over the film and often made references to the movie in text exchanges. They both knew exactly what they were referring to and as Bettany has attested to before – 'we live in a world without context… can you imagine what it would be like, honestly, to have a bunch of lawyers go through every one of your emails and texts for 10 years?'"

High-profile stars including James Franco, Paul Bettany and Elon Musk are also scheduled to give testimony during the six-week hearing.
As those texts were being admitted and read on cross, I got the feeling some of them would be cleared up after cross.

Meanwhile, I bet Rottenborn won’t be getting much rest this weekend. I imagine he is furiously going through stuff as he still has Depp on cross come Monday morning. He’s like a dog with a bone that won’t let go.

I also expect Depp to be be rehabilitated on a lot of this on re-direct.

jmo

As those texts were being admitted and read on cross, I got the feeling some of them would be cleared up after cross.

Meanwhile, I bet Rottenborn won’t be getting much rest this weekend. I imagine he is furiously going through stuff as he still has Depp on cross come Monday morning. He’s like a dog with a bone that won’t let go.

I also expect Depp to be be rehabilitated on a lot of this on re-direct.

jmo

I agree.

IMO Rottenborn is losing the effectiveness on certain instances. And most of what he is bringing forward can be cleared up to a degree on re-direct.

I agree.

IMO Rottenborn is losing the effectiveness on certain instances. And most of what he is bringing forward can be cleared up to a degree on re-direct.
I'm not convinced it can. Some of the digital evidence was pretty damning.

While I don't believe Depp hit Heard, I do think there was a lot of toxic energy coming from both sides.

Together, their inner demons came out. I think Heard knew how to push his buttons to the nth degree. I just don't believe he's mentally equipped to deal with the Ambers' of this world.

Seems to me like she was another addiction he just couldn't let go of.

A disaster waiting to happen.

While the high-profile stars are scheduled to give testimony, they cannot be compelled to do so. I do think Paul Bettany will testify, but highly doubt we will hear from Elon Musk and James Franco. Especially Elon. Too busy and cannot see him putting himself in the middle of this.. See below link, hope this is allowed as it's MSM.

Johnny Depp's lawyers couldn't subpoena Elon Musk due to security—report

Elon Musk will be a NO SHOW at Johnny Depp's $100millon defamation trial | Daily Mail Online

JMO

While the high-profile stars are scheduled to give testimony, they cannot be compelled to do so. I do think Paul Bettany will testify, but highly doubt we will hear from Elon Musk and James Franco. Especially Elon. Too busy and cannot see him putting himself in the middle of this.. See below link, hope this is allowed as it's MSM.

Elon Musk will be a NO SHOW at Johnny Depp's $100millon defamation trial | Daily Mail Online

JMO
:rolleyes:

JMO
We shall see.

I agree.

Rottenborn started out strong and has now desccended into some marathon of reading texts saying the same thing each time and asking Johnny if that is correct....a few of those would be damning but I assume by now jury has checked out. Per some in courtroom they don't look engaged as this continues. An effective cross is short and hits it hard. I just watched Husel trial and defense attorneys were laser sharp on cross and it worked beautifully.

Color me skeptical. The photo of JD with the ice cream looks so staged. His hand is in his pocket other hand curled in lap. The ice cream is completely upside down in his lap. I mean he was obviously passed out but it looks to me like the ice cream was placed after the fact. I just don't see how it could have fallen from his hands ans landed completely upside down like that.

Also the coccaine line picture is really staged looking to me. It just doesn't look " natural" kwim?

Color me skeptical. The photo of JD with the ice cream looks so staged. His hand is in his pocket other hand curled in lap. The ice cream is completely upside down in his lap. I mean he was obviously passed out but it looks to me like the ice cream was placed after the fact. I just don't see how it could have fallen from his hands ans landed completely upside down like that.

Also the coccaine line picture is really staged looking to me. It just doesn't look " natural" kwim?
They look staged to me too…and fall in line with what I thought were some staged confrontations that were audio recorded.

moo

The 'evidence' of JD’s abuse is from years ago. I'm wondering if there has been any contact between the two, except for trials and what relates to that? When they divorced did all of Johnny's abuse of women stop? Has there been anymore reports of him abusing women or any abusive behavior at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie