VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
But she felt like the luckiest girl in the world! I mean who wouldn't really?, the man that beats you repeatedly, calls you a *advertiser censored* and a *advertiser censored*, conducts cavity searches for his lost drugs,asks you to be tied to him forever, how could you be anything other than ecstatic?. Its like a fairy tale :)

:D:D - I'll take it ;):rolleyes:

I think JD may be ok,he is an exceptional actor and as Richard Marks pointed out,before AH and her viciousness Johnny Depp was a known drug user,known for being a bit eccentric and maybe even a bit of diva in some ways,but he was beloved and very employable in all that time.
Drink and drugs aside,he doesn't ever seem to have put a foot wrong in Hollywood.

From a fan's point of view I think a lot of the poor behavior and excessive substance abuse became much more apparent once he got together with Amber Heard. His appearance has always been consistent, he is an incredibly handsome man and there is just a quality about him that endears,but since he got with AH he slowly but surely looked a bit of a wreck. Dishevelled and a bit grubby.
I don't say that as an insult at all,purely an observation on my part.
Hopefully the Amber affect has worn off now.
I see this slightly different, but agree on many of your points.

I am of the amateur speculation that some of what AH says rings true. Living with a substance abuser is unpredictable, and his behavior was likely unpleasant. Perhaps very unpleasant and disturbing at times. Did he brutalize her? We have not seen any proof of that thus far. Did she intentionally and vengefully harm his career? The jury will decide, but I would say ATM it would appear he had good cause to take the legal action he has. Again, it will be up to the jury, not me, the armchair amateur.

As far as his looks, well he is 58 years old; not a young man anymore. It would appear he likes the funky boho look that we have come to associate him with. Funky boho aside, I absolutely noted his pallor; he looked a bit yellow tinged to me, suggesting his liver is unhappy. But that's just my amateur opinion and speculation; I'm not a medical person.

I'm sorry this talented and much loved actor is finding himself in this place at age 58 when he should be enjoying the rewards of his work, his children, and select projects ahead. Instead, this mess. I'm sorry to say that he was the author of this very unfortunate chapter in his life. Regardless, I think those of us who appreciate him wish him well, and hope he prevails in this legal action.

Oh Johnny....so sad. Here's to sunnier days ahead!

Amateur opinion and speculation

But she felt like the luckiest girl in the world! I mean who wouldn't really?, the man that beats you repeatedly, calls you a *advertiser censored* and a *advertiser censored*, conducts cavity searches for his lost drugs,asks you to be tied to him forever, how could you be anything other than ecstatic?. Its like a fairy tale :)

what do we title this fairy tale?

I’m in for “$$$$$$$$$$$Shackled to $$$$$$$$$$$Steve”.

That was interesting and may have been a bit of a slip up on her part, when she started describing, in a negative critical way, how he was treating all of her friends and family to gifts, trips, places to stay, and she kind of switched it up mid=sentence, and called him very generous.
IMO, sometimes people throw in something positive or at least slightly truthful to make everything else that they are saying seem likely.

Sky News

'It was terrifying and strange... a phenomenally dumb idea'

The court is shown a picture of Johnny Depp sat slumped in a chair, which Amber Heard says was due to his "doubling of opiates".

She says she was "naïve" at the time, and that "I deeply cared about this human's wellbeing. It was very confusing and scary".

She says the plan was for Depp to go through a detox on his private island in the Bahamas after filming for Black Mass had finished. This took place in August 2014.

She says his emotions "were up, down, mood" at that time, and she was trying her best to "roll with it... Taking his blood pressure... Taking care of him".

She says he would sometimes want to have sex a lot, which she adds "was not like Johnny". She goes on to describe a moment when he "was shaking and screaming" while trying to upturn a table, but says thankfully it was screwed to the ground. She says at other times he was calm and peaceful.

She says there was a point "where he got so angry with me he slapped me across the face, but while crying... He said no woman had ever made him feel like that."

She goes on: "I was in over my head, I don't know how to detox someone. I shouldn't have been there... It was phenomenally dumb idea, I don't know why the doctors and nurses didn't tell me that. It was hell." She says at the time Depp was hallucinating, and "accusing me of having a man in the house with me". She says "at another point he was communicating with someone not in the room, he would yell at me, and then at someone who wasn't there. It was terrifying and strange, the whole week."

She testified that she was not allowed to wear sexy clothing. A cursory internet search for "Amber Heard red carpet looks 2015" impeaches that testimony. It's like she has completely forgotten she has lived th last decade of her life in the public eye. The distorted singular focus of her thoughts is astounding.

Sky News

'I love you more than life'

We are shown a text message sent by Johnny Depp to Amber Heard after Heard had returned from his Bahamas detox, and he had sent her with some of her friends to a hotel in LA. It reads:

"Just to let you know that I'm fine my angel.. I miss you of course, but... This was the right thing to do to speed up the process... I love you more than life."

He signs the message "Steve" which was his nickname with Heard, who he called "Slim", in reference to the Humphry Bogart film To Have And Have Not.

Sky News

'Stinks from the head'

Amber Heard talks about her work on Magic Mike 2. She tells the court: "I bargained with [Depp] to do the role, it was a mostly male cast. He reluctantly agreed to me taking the job". She says he was filming in London at the time. She goes on: "I wasn't going to play a sexualised character, I wore minimal make up in the movie, no sexy clothes, and no sex scenes, so I did the film".

She says at the end of the shoot in Georgia Depp came to pick her up and was there for the last few days of filming.

The court is now shown a text sent from Depp to Heard in November 2014. It says "Stinks from the head" along with a picture attachment. Heard says at this period "Johnny was angry with me for working... he was furious at me. He found 'sides' [pages of script for an audition'] and he blew up at me. He said I didn't ask him, and because he didn't know about the audition that I hadn't done yet, that I was hiding it. I ended up not doing that audition. I believe there were several auditions at the time that I didn't do..."

Heard goes on to say Depp told her it was "my fault Hollywood was putting me in a box and objectifying me... And I believed it." She says she went on to change the work she accepted, the clothes she wore, and even "where I cast my eyes upon entering a room" and that she believed it was her own decision at the time, when really she feels she was being controlled by Depp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken