VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
The opinions I've heard from body language experts also commented on the (likely) reason JD constantly kept his head down and avoided eye contact with AH during her time on the stand, was a classic abuse survivor tactic, to avoid making eye contact with their abuser, or to make one's self "small", to distance themselves from the abuser. I don't know how accurate that is for abuse survivors but it sure made sense to me. Especially as you say, while she was on the stand she was VERY sort of "in your face" and she did look directly at JD many, many times. Like she wanted a reaction, wanted him to say or do something. Watching that dynamic (for me) gave me all the more reason to believe she was the instigator in the abuse in their relationship.
Oh, but don’t forget she cannot let herself show that anything is wrong or that she isn’t “tough”! That’s why she sometimes laughed when he hit her, etc. if that is actually true (I’m doubtful), maybe she is working hard to seem undaunted in court. I dunno.

It might even be a makeup issue. Someone on Reddit replicated the “injury” easily with makeup. She posted side-by-side pix of herself and Amber and the “injuries” look almost identical. So it would likely have been easy for Amber, self-proclaimed makeup whiz, to do if she were so inclined. IMO.

I will hate myself for being so skeptical if it turns out Amber is truthful but so much of her more dramatic testimony rings false to me and/or doesn’t seem to have any corroboration.

Welcome Aboard, @stripehaven2 !

If AH can show in court actual evidence, besides the questionable photos seen so far, I also will be less skeptical.

.......waiting

She claims she was beaten so bad she thought she was going to died. She was on James Corden the next night. No black eyes. No broken nose or busted lip. She never sought medical attention for any of these brutal beat downs. I’m not sure which bottle she was referring to as being used but a Makers Mark bottle or even the bottle next to it would have caused so much trauma she wouldn’t have been able to avoid the hospital. All these stories with no documentation. She has pictures of a hole in the wall. Random lamps. JD sleeping but nothing of the blood splatter walls or blood all over the floor from the glass she was being held down on. How did they make this far with no physical evidence. It’s all Hearsay!

And the beautiful thing about TV is... we actually DO have documentation of her bold faced lies.
The night prior to her appearance on Corden's show, is when she claims JD head butted her, and caused all these other injuries that she needed her hair and make-up people to conceal. I don't care how good a make-up artist you are, you cannot conceal a busted, swollen nose, with make-up. Best you can do is make it a flesh colored, busted, swollen, broken nose. There is video and still shots of her on the show, and not a single mark on the woman's face. Just another among the long list of flat out lies.

jmo

I don't understand how she thinks the pictures of all the blood helps her. Blood on a bed with JD's iPad on it? JD's blood. Blood on couch with bloody guitar nearby? JD's blood.

So she proved what? JD was walking around bleeding. How does that help her case?

JD would work 17 hours a day and if he wanted to pass out on the sofa he can. I think we’ve all done the same thing.
Sadly it’s been said he would escape to a bathroom to get away from her and sleep there. He did that on the plane and was accused of being drunk and passed out.

Now looking at photos he’s aged so much.

Absolutely, once upon a time I was working full time and going to grad school part time year-round... went to a friend's house for July 4, had 3 gin and tonics, sat in blazing sun all day, sacked right out in the living room at 2PM in front of the US Open and the hosts' grandparents... my friends turned into temperance advocates, lol.

Me: "Hey guys... I have fallen asleep in every single movie theater for the past 3 years; on nights when I have homework sometimes I'm up until 2-3AM and then I start getting ready to go to work at 7; alcohol is a depressant. Don't nag me; I'm fiiiiinnnne. Not an alcoholic!"

Oh, but don’t forget she cannot let herself show that anything is wrong or that she isn’t “tough”! That’s why she sometimes laughed when he hit her, etc. if that is actually true (I’m doubtful), maybe she is working hard to seem undaunted in court. I dunno.
That's absolutely it, it's her vain crotchet; and she thinks it's creating a through line from her attorneys' opening argument, about how she learned to take her father's abuse, and how she broke her arm twice helping him break the broncos and all, and how she thus learned that, heavy pause, "people you love can still physically hurt you" but; she has to throw in the "I laugh in the face of... being hit in the face" embellishments, that aren't even necessary. It's also behind all those times when she just disassociates ("that trailer park story, where I stared at the light").

However, the unintended flaw with this, is that she's also simultaneously betraying her belief that men who cry are "weak" (she's probably secretly thrilled she made JD cry; it'd mean she's powerful and can drive a man to tears, which also makes me suspect she secretly liked and encouraged his jealousy - she'd like to be responsible for inspiring Helen of Troy-level jealousy, IMO); and also (unintentionally, negatively) backing up her (mercifully JD-recorded) statements about parsing "hitting" from "punching", and Real Men don't cry about getting "hit" (read: slapped) by a woman either... it's all so disgusting, on a level I'm sure even she doesn't fully understand is disgusting (or maybe she does - it's hard to figure out how anyone can feel comfortable listening to a playback of her own voice saying, JD's son will need his stepfather to show him how to be a Real Man).

She has some very revanchist attitudes about what "Real Men" do and do not do; and I think we've all noticed at this point, that the "do's" are things which benefit her (pay for everything, including stuff she could easily pay for herself - never open your own wallet when the man's will do; sit by passively while she does whatever she wants with other men OR women; and let her aggress on him as much as she wants, because Real Men stand by and play punching bag.

JD would work 17 hours a day and if he wanted to pass out on the sofa he can. I think we’ve all done the same thing.
Sadly it’s been said he would escape to a bathroom to get away from her and sleep there. He did that on the plane and was accused of being drunk and passed out.

Now looking at photos he’s aged so much.
There is a photo of AH "passed out" as well.

Good catch!

She claims she was beaten so bad she thought she was going to died. She was on James Corden the next night. No black eyes. No broken nose or busted lip. She never sought medical attention for any of these brutal beat downs. I’m not sure which bottle she was referring to as being used but a Makers Mark bottle or even the bottle next to it would have caused so much trauma she wouldn’t have been able to avoid the hospital. All these stories with no documentation. She has pictures of a hole in the wall. Random lamps. JD sleeping but nothing of the blood splatter walls or blood all over the floor from the glass she was being held down on. How did they make this far with no physical evidence. It’s all Hearsay!
Yeah, those were hilarious... I remember thinking that it was almost the kind of thing that you could put up on Zillow as a parody of a house tour. "This is how the rock stars party!" or similar. There were literally no shots of Amber - it's like she wasn't there - and unfortunately because the white couch, etc. made its way into the folder, I remember a lot of people saying these were in fact partly or all pictures taken by Ben King... I'm not so convinced about this, considering those random pictures of the outside.
I know! Like the wet, rainy driveway in Australia picture was supposed to 'set the scene'...for the horror to come....in her head. Mind numbing ridiculousness. We want receipts!!!
In the old days, we would have said..." Where's the beef?"
Ha, I was thinking to myself it looked more like she had excitedly started out taking pictures of the outside to send her family - it's a beautiful place, many would be excited - and then maybe, just maybe, when she had nothing else to give as evidence, she tossed them in to try to pad her account?
What kind of loving partner would go get their phone and take photos of the person they love in these various conditions.
Not only take these, save them & now share with the world to save their own rear end.
A jealous vindictive blackmailing nobody comes to mind.
As my nana used to say
‘ugly is as ugly does”
And I don’t care how much lipstick you put on said pig. Still looks ugly IMO!
The Maker's Mark bottle is particularly suspect to me. I wondered for a mad moment if, since it's got all that red wax on its neck as a stylistic crotchet by the Maker's designers; she was foolish enough to think that the jury would be fooled into thinking that it looked like her blood...?? I know it sounds dippy, but considering JD told us the story about her "bloody nose" proof being a tissue with scarlet nail polish days before the bottle made its appearance, I'm not sure it can be ruled out as a thought process of hers...
I don't understand how she thinks the pictures of all the blood helps her. Blood on a bed with JD's iPad on it? JD's blood. Blood on couch with bloody guitar nearby? JD's blood.

So she proved what? JD was walking around bleeding. How does that help her case?
Oh, I think we'd allllll like to know this... unfortunately, I saw someone (several someones) IMO getting confused, and saying that these were the pictures Ben King took... I didn't believe it for a minute, would have to go back and look at the evidence on his days; but yeah, so he dripped blood, like he said... he naps, she's got four (?) napping pictures, although I think one looks like it might have come from his island and she just tossed it in there.

In the previous thread for this case, I read that the highly successful and highly regarded master of the courtroom, Kathleen Zellner, has also been retained by JD's legal team. She even has DEPP on her firm's homepage. Does anyone know anything more about this? I'm so curious.
Great question, ITA.I have been scouring the web to find out if Zellner is still retained as I am not seeing anything besides JD on her website..You do not hear her mentioned anymore. Inquiring minds want to know.

MOO

Great question, ITA.I have been scouring the web to find out if Zellner is still retained as I am not seeing anything besides JD on her website..You do not hear her mentioned anymore. Inquiring minds want to know.

MOO
I SO hope she will be popping in to question AH. I don’t know procedurally if she could participate at this point. She’s a known black belt in her profession.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Court adjourned on Thursday for about a weeklong break in the high-profile defamation trial involving actors Johnny Depp and Amber Heard.

Depp and Heard began their relationship more than a decade ago before it eventually devolved into what appears to have been a toxic marriage.

The former couple is now battling it out in court in Fairfax County, Virginia, after Depp sued Heard for $50 million over an op-ed she wrote for The Washington Post in 2018 in which she described surviving domestic violence, but did not mention Depp by name. Heard is countersuing for $100 million and claims she was only ever violent with Depp in self-defense or defense of her younger sister...

Last edited:
My prediction is that JD will secure a token judgement against AH, and both will be mutually ordered not to speak publicly about each other, or engineer others to do so.

While JD may never again portray his signature character, I think the majority will rally behind him, and we will see many fine performances ahead; If his health holds up, and he chooses some lifestyle changes.

As for AH, with fading youth and questionable stability; she will fade in to obscurity.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Last edited:
Welcome Aboard, @stripehaven2 !

If AH can show in court actual evidence, besides the questionable photos seen so far, I also will be less skeptical.

.......waiting
Hello and thank you! I’m actually not a newbie but i couldn’t log back in after the upgrade so here I am with a slightly new name. Formerly “stripehaven.”

This photo is of Johnny Depp in the hospital getting his finger looked at, personally I can't see any busted up knuckles or any evidence of injuries that would be consistent with repeatedly punching a wall but maybe that's just me!.

Photo is from this article

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220507-180620_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220507-180620_Chrome.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 32

MOO
Well, she was entered into the document record on February 9, which was actually not that long ago in the grand scheme of things; and she has not withdrawn (that I could see; I only looked at docs with her name in the visible title, I didn't click on every little entitled "Notice").

I also wonder if this is one of those situations where they wanted her tied up so Amber couldn't get/use her services; but I'm not sure what if anything Amber would be planning to do with her services either.

This photo is of Johnny Depp in the hospital getting his finger looked at, personally I can't see any busted up knuckles or any evidence of injuries that would be consistent with repeatedly punching a wall but maybe that's just me!.

Photo is from this article
I suspect you're in fact right. The only thing that was in the Amber evidence folder that I recall seeing, looked like Johnny had slammed the round end of one of the lamp bulb sockets into a wall a single time; but maybe I missed something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Witchee