VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Public sentiment about AH certainly has become harsh. Some of the vitriol has even become frightening, IMO. She may be extremely unlikeable. She may be a liar and a manipulator and a defamer of JD's character. However, I see her being held in the esteem of a murderer, a terrorist or the worst of the worst . I dunno......does she deserve that? just an opinion, just wondering.
I think she is a sociopath and dangerous on that level… she does not care who she hurts. She and the truth have not even a nodding acquaintance and now she is a single mother, with heavy drug addiction history on both sides of the family tree. She could easily ruin the life of the adorable baby who looks just like her as so many people with similar personality disorders have done; she has no known checks and balances on her own continued potential drinking and drug abuse (in fact, having used a surrogate it’s possible she never detoxed; she wouldn’t be worried about it’s effect on the baby) and she wanted to ruin JD’s life.

Personally I do not care if Johnny Depp is a millionaire; he is a deeply troubled person whom I don’t believe deserved this. He has been kind and generous to a fault all his life; stories of him paying his friends’ bills, charity donations, and other kind gestures abound (he’s a crazy insane overtipper); his first wife said he was too kindhearted to discipline the dog; Orlando Bloom said the monkey that played in Pirates of the Caribbean was a nasty animal that ran around pinching people; Johnny wouldn’t let anyone discipline the animal either; he bought North Face parkas for hundreds of cast and crew members out of his own pocket when they were trying to survive a cold monsoon shoot (this has been shared by the crew member he took along with him to transport the stuff, writing on a Quora like site); I think Amber Heard is just the opposite - greedy and grasping. She never spent her own money when his money could do.

I do not like greedy and grasping people and I do not like ungrateful people. Nor do I like flagrant inveterate liars.

She sucked him in and then announced that Elon Musk, a multi-billionaire, was her ‘backup man’ after the multi millionaire movie star. I have no idea what kind of future devastation she could leave in her wake and I’m sure it’s coming, for someone.

I’m also pretty sure there are deceased people galore who would be/were comparatively grateful to have died quickly without long drawn out deaths or long drawn out awful lives; maybe some of them would feel sorrier for Johnny Depp. Money doesn’t fix anything and it certainly hasn’t made him happy; so sometimes yes, I think knowingly ‘creating a hell on earth’ for someone you purport to love and leaving them to wallow in it for years thinking that they are the mentally unhinged problem, is at least as cruel as murdering someone.

Last edited:
Yes, Vasquez talked about it in her opening. He's going to talk about how there is no way she would look the way she looks in the photos based on her descriptions of the brutality of the beatings.
Oh, I’m so enormously glad to hear that!! I had wondered and apparently forgotten. Hopefully they will time their rebuttal so they don’t run out of hours in the allotment… that would be awful.

Oh, I’m so enormously glad to hear that!! I had wondered and apparently forgotten. Hopefully they will time their rebuttal so they don’t run out of hours in the allotment… that would be awful.
It must be so incredibly hard to judge your time like that. I have never heard of the time allotment before. You can try to guess how long some witnesses may take, but a door may be opened and you want to grab it while you can which can take a lot longer, but still leaving time for what you want to get in.

False accusations against another human being is not new.
Hollywood couples and their toxic relationships is not new.

What is new is False Accusations with non-stop media targeting the same, for salacious, political or other reasons. Cancel culture, anyone? Media jumps on a story, without all the facts, and runs with it. It spreads like wildfire....

I have seen false and disputed accusations of sexual assault before, also accusations of non-sexual assault....with a real targeted purpose. Recently. News headlines and 24/7 media coverage...

Curiouser and curiouser...

Let the sunlight shine....Let the truth be told....Judge the facts for yourself.

Peace

YW. They also have a hand surgeon on their witness list, but I don't recall if he was mentioned in either of their openings.
They probably do need that, or at least someone medical to attest how a bottle could have sheared off his fingertip.

The stacking of the witnesses is, I suspect, very strategic on the part of his lawyers. (I was not aware that your rebuttal case could draw from people you didn’t ask the first time around, for some reason…)

It doubtless means that their strongest witnesses are last: the thought, delay, and suspense of which has the possibility to rattle Amber even more on the stand than she has already been rattled, providing that the Heard Team has in fact even told her - she seems like the type of person whose eyes glaze over when you try to talk to her about ‘boring’ things, so she may just be setting up a mental block - and the information most likely to stick in the jurors’ minds.

If it’s true that has he has lied and defamed an innocent man, has incorrectly labelled him a rapist and woman beater with a view to completely ruin his life, then yes. I do think it fair that she is held in similar esteem to a murderer. She has attempted to end his life, just in a different way.
What!? You may have to run that by me again. Because equating someone being dead to the ending of a career is not something I can wrap my head around anytime soon.

Public sentiment about AH certainly has become harsh. Some of the vitriol has even become frightening, IMO. She may be extremely unlikeable. She may be a liar and a manipulator and a defamer of JD's character. However, I see her being held in the esteem of a murderer, a terrorist or the worst of the worst . I dunno......does she deserve that? just an opinion, just wondering.

I think it's because of the toxicity of what she has allegedly done to him. Coercive control and manipulation to the extent it ruined his career is a very serious matter. This kind of behaviour drives people to suicide. You can view it as the slow deconstruction of a person, it can be slow murder. It is so toxic.

I think a line has to be drawn somewhere. And comparing Heard to JA is crossing it big time, as far as I'm concerned.

I can try to explain the statement I was using initially, regarding the similarities between JA and AH. As I see it, both of these women were 'addicted' as it were....to the idea of their perfect mate. Both of these women were involved in a toxic type of relationship. Also, both of these women acted out in bizarre and clingy type behaviors, all the while confusing and confounding their 'partner' even more.

Both of these women had serious issues with the words ' It's over', and were both unable to accept any type of separation. Revenge became their accepted response, and each woman acted out. JA chose murder, hideously enacted. AH chose the media enhanced career ending lies and defamation, to enact her revenge.

Obviously, we are not watching a criminal court, where AH is facing a murder charge. The cases are diametrically different in that aspect.

The similarities are there, though. All, respectfully IMO.

What!? You may have to run that by me again. Because equating someone being dead to the ending of a career is not something I can wrap my head around anytime soon.
I’ll try to quote his lawyer at the opening statement:

‘Johnny Depp is very well aware that regardless of the success or failure of his case, he will go to his grave with some people still believing he is a wife-beating rapist.’

Don’t you think that’s more chilling than just ‘the ending of a career’?

He’s up there because he cares very much about his reputation and integrity; and clearing his name so that it’s not the first thing out of everyone’s lips any time his children achieve anything either.

ETA: his son is even his namesake. His son will tote the besmirched name around for the rest of his life.

Last edited:
I think a line has to be drawn somewhere. And comparing Heard to JA is crossing it big time, as far as I'm concerned.

IF given enough time, I believe it is entirely possible we could be discussing a murder case (with JD as the victim at the hands of AH) on this thread. And, likely she would have attempted to besmirch JD if called to give testimony in that trial. jmo

I think it's because of the toxicity of what she has allegedly done to him. Coercive control and manipulation to the extent it ruined his career is a very serious matter. This kind of behaviour drives people to suicide. You can view it as the slow deconstruction of a person, it can be slow murder. It is so toxic.
Frankly I think this is what a lot of people thinking about him are afraid of, based upon at bare minimum all this verbal abuse we have heard he suffered on tape.
IF given enough time, I believe it is entirely possible we could be discussing a murder case (with JD as the victim at the hands of AH) on this thread. And, likely she would have attempted to besmirch JD if called to give testimony in that trial. jmo
One of the CourtTV talking heads said this about her specious retelling of ‘the staircase fight”, “sounds like we’re lucky someone didn’t end up dead.”

And IMO you’re absolutely correct, if she could/would have taken him out, we’d have had unadulterated Amber Heard alone, and be leaving it up to his kids to defend him - can you imagine what it would be like if she was gaslighting everyone with no him to counterbalance her?!?

Also, trust me when I say that just because this board trained in noticing more things involved in crimes than the others, woke up to a batch of major hinkiness; there are still plenty of corners of the world that believed the antics of Wednesday and Thursday utterly. ‘People making fun of Amber Heard’s crying online.’

Last edited:
Yep. I’m stuck on why a photo of the driveway was included. Good thing i didn’t hold my breath. It’s the mountains of evidence…
kangaroos on either side of the driveway.... was she in AUS before? she mentioned them in her testimony

My prediction is that JD will secure a token judgement against AH, and both will be mutually ordered not to speak publicly about each other, or engineer others to do so.

While JD may never again portray his signature character, I think the majority will rally behind him, and we will see many fine performances ahead; If his health holds up, and he chooses some lifestyle changes.

As for AH, with fading youth and questionable stability; she will fade in to obscurity.

Amateur opinion and speculation
the divorce agreement forbade them from speaking about each other and we see where that got them- I am not sure if AH's counsel will say that she has 1st Amendment rts that defeat the defamation claim and there was also testimony that though "signed off on" by AH, the WAPO article was drafted by ACLU attorneys and reviewed by AH's attorneys as well. This case, IMO, is like a crown of thorns on a fire ant hill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lefer