VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't have the trial on this morning and didn't read the thread until late morning. I probably missed comments on AH's hairstyle and the color-job that she must have had last week. Seems that her PR team has dropped the dowdy school marm look for business chic. JMO

I hated Aquaman. She's a lousy actress.
True. I remember her worst line, where she picked the worst inflection possible: Aquaman says about some pursuer coming up behind you (approximate) on your six!

Mera: what’s that mean?

Aquaman: he’s coming up right behind you!

Mera: (verbatim) Why can’t you just say THAT?

… I don’t care how determined you are to be ‘different’, the stressor inflection clearly belongs to ‘why can’t you just SAY that?’, and I don’t care if it’s cliche, it’s the little things…her choice is the weakest, I’m sorry, and it threw me right out of the narrative.

I'm also curious about the bodyguard. Who booked him, when & why was he booked? If JD was in Europe, she didn't need protection from him. That makes it a little more clear it was because she knew paparazzi would be there. She also had the option of at least two other exits from that building so could've avoided the paps completely. When you watch that footage now it appears as if she's moving her head around to make sure all the cameras got the snaps they wanted.
I heard that she called Elon Musk or texted him, and he got her the security.

Sky News

'I begged him to stop the press machine'

Amber Heard says in the summer of 2016, Johnny Depp asked her to get back with him and go on tour with him. She says she refused.
However, she says she did meet with Depp as he was putting negative information out to the media about her - she says Depp told her he was doing this. She says he agreed to ask his team to "back off" if she agreed to "drop charges".

She goes on: "I had to break the TRO [temporary restraining order] in order to beg him to stop the press machine". She goes on: " I couldn't live my life, I was being dropped from commercial opportunities, people were turning on me, I was dropped from a campaign I was working on... I had never been inundated with that much press attention."
Again...she's reaped what she did sow...

Again...she's reaped what she did sow...
Yup… he told her, ‘Nobody comes out looking good in these things, Amber…’ well, she knew best.

Also, for ‘inundated with that much press attention’, didn’t JD island estate manager say (gee, I wonder how?) ‘the paparazzi somehow figured out where we were (for the wedding), and there were helicopters all above them?

I mean, I get that as per her testimony AH was MDMA’ed out in a lesbian orgy, excuse me, ‘cuddle puddle’ with her girlfriends; but it’s not JD fault she tapped right on out of the consequences and experiences.

Sky News

The $7m divorce settlement and donations to charity

We now move on to a discussion of the settlement process of the divorce.

The lawyer asks Amber Heard why she accepted the £7m divorce settlement.

Heard says: "I didn't care about the money, I was told if I didn't agree to a number it would be overturned... so I took far less than what they were offering and what I was entitled too."

She goes on: "I promised the entirety of [the settlement] to charity because I was never interested in Johnny's money... I wanted the truth, I wanted him to clear my name, and I wanted him to leave me alone. I've been saying that since 2016".

She explains she pledged $3.5 to a children's hospital in LA as she had worked there for 10 years as a volunteer there and the same amount to the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) as she was a supporter and agreed with their aims.

She says she agreed to "pay in instalments" as she was receiving her divorce settlements in instalments, in order to to get the tax benefits of doing it like that, and because she understood that was the correct way to do it. Heard confirms paid instalments up to 2018, adding "but then Johnny sued me in 2019". Depp sued Heard in March 2019 for $50m.

She says during that time, her boyfriend at the time, Elon Musk, made donations of $500,000 to both charities in her name.

Yes, this is a sad, hot-mess. I hesitate to post here because I truthfully am still neutral. I know my position goes against the general consensus and I fear my fellow WS members will toss rotten tomatoes my way for not yet placing all blame on AH.

Taking a chance to ask this question: Does anyone think JD was at least 40% responsible for this mess? (covering my head and ducking).

I'm neutral too in the sense that I think they share the blame equally. I just think they brought out the absolute worst in each other. I mentioned earlier that I followed the 2020 libel trial in depth and I was left with exactly the impression of them that I'm left with now, that they were both guilty of physical violence (and all the messed-up rest) towards each other. But obviously the final judgement in that instance could only deal with the libel issue since that was the remit of the trial.

I'm not making any judgements about either of them as people outside of their relationship, just within it, and it was imo dysfunction made hellish flesh on both parts. It's understandable that Depp, with his long career and big fanbase, attracts way more sympathy than Heard, but both trials were/are dealing with the people they were and how they behaved within their dysfunctional relationship, and in that respect, there are no innocent parties here. JMO of course.

Last edited:
Either she’s lying, or the aclu attorney lied. I’m going with his version.

OMG - what a liar. The op-ed was about JD and the first few drafts even mentioned him by name.
I believe she actually thinks people will believe her over a/the ACLU lawyer… she puts the ‘duh’ in ‘delusional’.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member