VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, why did they take pictures "for the police officers?" The police officers were coming, if she was injured, they would see it, correct?
They came, presumably without advance warning, and at that time they got off the elevator, all three girls were lined up on the sofa in the main marital residence penthouse.

Sky News

Aquaman

The lawyer asks Amber Heard about her career after the divorce, which was finalised in early 2017.

Heard explains that she lost opportunities following her application for a temporary restraining order. However, she said she worked hard after the divorce to build her career back up. She says: "I fought to keep my job, and the biggest movie opportunity I had to date was Justice League, with the opportunity to be part of Aquaman."

Heard explains that Justice League was a DC action film, and Aquaman was a spin off which came out in December 2018. She says "I turned up early and stayed late... and was able to keep my job".

She tells the court that Aquaman was the highest-grossing ever DC film.

Sky News

Aquaman

The lawyer asks Amber Heard about her career after the divorce, which was finalised in early 2017.

Heard explains that she lost opportunities following her application for a temporary restraining order. However, she said she worked hard after the divorce to build her career back up. She says: "I fought to keep my job, and the biggest movie opportunity I had to date was Justice League, with the opportunity to be part of Aquaman."

Heard explains that Justice League was a DC action film, and Aquaman was a spin off which came out in December 2018. She says "I turned up early and stayed late... and was able to keep my job".

Lol, she’s so transparent… a film set releases you when a film set releases you. They don’t care if you stay late; and you don’t punch a time clock. (if she was never late arriving, that’s great). Clearly for some one who claims to have worked ‘real jobs’, she didn’t learn much; and she thinks the jury are a batch of blue collar ignorami who won’t know what they don’t know.

I have mountains of proof and it won't be believed.

does she mean in addition to all the recordings of her goading JD, emasculating him, admitting to hitting him, photos of him sleeping and doctored photos of bruises?

Inquiring minds would love to know why we haven't seen this mountain of which she speaks.

Sky News

Aquaman

That might not be the case of Aquaman Two.

does she mean in addition to all the recordings of her goading JD, emasculating him, admitting to hitting him, photos of him sleeping and doctored photos of bruises?

Inquiring minds would love to know why we haven't seen this mountain of which she speaks.
I think this is what we want - proof. We're waiting.
Hat munching is fine if true proof is out there.
JMO.

That’s because that’s what the courtroom-banned Eve Barlow has been pushing on social media. ‘The court is suppressing all my evidence!”

… If it doesn’t make it into evidence, it’s because the court is biased and maybe paid off; not because my evidence isn’t up to snuff.

I even encountered someone the other day who pretended to think that all 1100 some of her ‘evidence list’ pieces were going to make it into the court record; I loled.

I'm neutral too in the sense that I think they share the blame equally. I just think they brought out the absolute worst in each other. I mentioned earlier that I followed the 2020 libel trial in depth and I was left with exactly the impression of them that I'm left with now, that they were both guilty of physical violence (and all the messed-up rest) towards each other. But obviously the final judgement in that instance could only deal with the libel issue since that was the remit of the trial.

I'm not making any judgements about either of them as people outside of their relationship, just within it, and it was imo dysfunction made hellish flesh on both parts. It's understandable that Depp, with his long career and big fanbase, attracts way more sympathy than Heard, but both trials were/are dealing with the people they were and how they behaved within their dysfunctional relationship, and in that respect, there are no innocent parties here. JMO of course.
Agree. No innocent parties here. They preyed on each others' personality defects, anger, ego and substance dependency. They were toxic together. Having said that, I'm finding AH less credible than JD. I honestly don't care how this ends. Just want to find who will be granted the millions $$$$$$$$$.

Sky News

The op ed in question

We move on to discussion of the op ed that this entire case is about.

It was written for The Washington Post, and published in December 2018. Amber Heard says: "There was a lot of attention around gender based violence issues in general" and says she took "the opportunity to lend her voice to a great cause which was a conversation around women's issues the country was having at the time." She says it was a "political and cultural conversation" she wanted to be part of.

She says the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) drafted the first draft of the op ed, and she personally didn't want to mention Johnny Depp in name or reference.

The lawyer asks if she had timed the publication of the op ed to come at the same time as the opening of Aquaman in order to boost the [film] sales, and Heard says: "It doesn't work like that." She says if anything the opposite is true, and she hoped the success of the film would provide a boost to the op ed and its cause.

Heard says she hired an attorney to look at the copy, saying she did that because she didn't want to have any legal issues, adding: "I know what happens to people when they come forward and speak about these issues, especially when they come forward against someone more powerful than them... That backlash, that retaliation that people face when they come forward was exactly what I was writing about. I didn't want Johnny to retaliate against me, and literally prove my point".

She says she knew her attorney, Eric George, as he had previously represented her when she objected to a body double of her being used in a sex scene in the film London Fields (this was discussed earlier in court). Heard says she made all the edits Mr George suggested, and didn't ignore any of the changes or edits he requested.

Are her "mountains of proof" similar to Bandini Mountain?
(That's for anyone as old as me who remembers that commercial)

Here we go again with the "I remember" lines.

I'm remembering... intentionally not watching The Stand remake, purely because she was in it. And will note, it has a dreadful IMDB rating, to boot.
good to know. Love SK and loved the book and original miniseries. Didn't know there was a remake and wouldn't watch it anyway knowing AH is in it. It's a hard pass for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23