VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sky News

The Washington Post article

Here's a reminder of the The Washington Post article, published in December 2018.

In the article, which is now being discussed in court, Heard wrote: “Two years ago, I became a public figure representing domestic abuse, and I felt the full force of our culture’s wrath for women who speak out.”

The actress did not mention Depp by name in the column. She first made allegations of domestic violence against him in 2016.

In the op-ed, she wrote: "I write this as a woman who had to change my phone number weekly because I was getting death threats.

"For months, I rarely left my apartment, and when I did, I was pursued by camera drones and photographers on foot, on motorcycles and in cars. Tabloid outlets that posted pictures of me spun them in a negative light.

"I felt as though I was on trial in the court of public opinion — and my life and livelihood depended on myriad judgments far beyond my control."

AH council IMO is controlling over the judge!
Every time JD teams objects …Ambers snarky lawyer starts arguing, speaking out OVER the judge! Before the judge even rules!
WT heck? Who’s courtroom is this…?
I pray the jury is taking in all this cr@p-controlling-over-speak by AH council!

Her “bruise kit” …pfttttt
“I’m certainly not going to walk around LA with bruises”
( major eye roll)

MOO

Nope,just to the courthouse :rolleyes:

Sky News

The Washington Post article

Here's a reminder of the The Washington Post article, published in December 2018.

In the article, which is now being discussed in court, Heard wrote: “Two years ago, I became a public figure representing domestic abuse, and I felt the full force of our culture’s wrath for women who speak out.”

The actress did not mention Depp by name in the column. She first made allegations of domestic violence against him in 2016.

In the op-ed, she wrote: "I write this as a woman who had to change my phone number weekly because I was getting death threats.

"For months, I rarely left my apartment, and when I did, I was pursued by camera drones and photographers on foot, on motorcycles and in cars. Tabloid outlets that posted pictures of me spun them in a negative light.

"I felt as though I was on trial in the court of public opinion — and my life and livelihood depended on myriad judgments far beyond my control."

Oh, so from this, it sounds like the public at large should be suing her for defamation of our characters.

AH states that "This was not about Johnny. Ironically, Johnny made this about Johnny." Well AH, why not come out and explain that to the public at the time. There were crickets when Johnny was cut from Disney and Fantastic Beasts. And don't claim you didn't know.It was all over the internet, print media and I'm sure your peers knew.
And that entitled lifting of her chin in arrogance and acting like she was invisible by denying no accountability for ANYTHING. It was friends, Johnny's or dogs' fault. Not at all believable. Hope your team doesn't try to change those things. It will be too obvious a change after all of your testimony.

Last edited:
If JD wins he wont' get a dime of that money. And I think he knows that.
Of course. It’s always a Pyrrhic victory for both sides; bragging rights in the press, IMO.

I can find articles from before he even met Vanessa Paradis, during which he opined that he was already worried about leaving a good legacy for his (unseen) kids; and when Jennifer Grey weighed in lately about their early. 90s romance, one of the things she stressed about him which she liked was, specifically, his morals.

Clearly he‘s done a lot of time thinking about how to do better than his parents, IMO.

Do DV victims typically describe their abuse as embarrassing?

I can't speak to that, but I do think they feel embarrassed for myriad reasons.
I think the issue for many people is, AH, IMO SUPER tellingly, presents this as being her ONLY reaction to the situation.

“it didn’t HURT, to be slapped in the face… it was JUST embarrassing he did it in front of other people.”

Sky News

'I framed the article'

Amber Heard tells the court she is "proud" of the article, and that she has "had the paper article framed".

Aquaman 2

Amber Heard says she appeared in Aquaman 2, but that it "was a very paired down version of the role".

She says: "I was given the script, then given different versions of the script... they basically took a bunch out of my role.

She is asked about her salary of $2, but Johnny Depp's lawyers object and she is not able to discuss whether she was able to negotiate a higher fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88