VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
AH is sure getting testy.
AH can no longer hide behind rehearsed testimony, fake tears, and pretend emotional distress that she attempted to engender during direct testimony. JD's legal team will adeptly and strategically peel away the layers of AH's deceit, exposing raw emotions that AH cannot disguise. AH did a really poor job of "acting" her way through direct testimony, but she won't have to "act" her way through cross. The fake tears and emotions during direct were just that - fake, but AH won't be able to disguise who she really is during cross examination. She's certainly trying with her flippant, snarky responses, not to mention "not recalling" many things while she "remembered" so much during direct questioning by her attorney, but AH is going to flounder during cross. JMO

I especially loved how CV established that AH had received the full $7 million before writing the damning Op Ed (and thus breaking her divorce settlement NDA), AND before Johnny decided to sue her for the Op Ed. So she had NO excuse for not donating that money to the charities as she had promised. And she seemed really hung up on the tax deductible aspect of the donations too. Her vindictiveness about JD donating on behalf of her was interesting (how dare he get credit or a tax break!!!).

If she's willing to lie to the public about donating millions to a Children's hospital, and she's willing to lie on the stand in real time, then how can we trust that she's not lying about such serious, reputation destroying allegations?

Funny, AH actually seems to think everyone just uses replacement words like she does. Like 'pledge' means to actually donate. Because when you buy a house... or some weird parallel that didn't make any sense at all.
Clearly she has no idea what the term mortgage or loan means and how those differs from donate and pledge. I know where she THINKS she was going with that - most people don't buy a house cash money down outright. Most get a mortgage. But her analogy doesn't work because in that mortgage instance a bank PAYS ALLL THE MONEY to buyer on your behalf and you then pay back a loan. [smacks forehead]

Clearly she has no idea what the term mortgage or loan means and how those differs from donate and pledge. I know where she THINKS she was going with that - most people don't buy a house cash money down outright. Most get a mortgage. But her analogy doesn't work because in that mortgage instance a bank PAYS ALLL THE MONEY to buyer on your behalf and you then pay back a loan. [smacks forehead]

Yeah CV should have replied, "Right. Like a mortgage where someone actually pays FOR you, but in your case, you didn't have to pay Elon Musk back, did you?"

AH side released this to People Magazine before today's testimony:

The one thing we suspect Depp's attorneys will avoid is the central issue of this trial: Does Amber or any woman have the First Amendment Right of Freedom of Speech."

:) ;);):rolleyes:

Yeah, pretty sure that is not even close to the central issue of this trial. But nice try.

Was this from the same PR guy who has the unsavory charges of his own that were just published recently?

She said earlier in her testimony that she would donate the money in increments for tax purposes. I think but could be wrong that if she donated it all at once that the tax credit would carryover to following years. I know this happened to me when I had a large loss one year. Is it different for charatable gifts? Anyone know?

She said earlier in her testimony that she would donate the money in increments for tax purposes. I think but could be wrong that if she donated it all at once that the tax credit would carryover to following years. I know this happened to me when I had a large loss one year. Is it different for charatable gifts? Anyone know?
To the best of my knowledge, you can deduct up to 60% of your income for charitable donations per year and carryover for five years.
I am not an accountant nor have I been in a position to make such a donation and speak from experience.
JMO.

In the linked video, check out the photos at these timestamps. 2:42:27 (Exhibit 710) and 2:46:47 (Exhibit 714). Note her hair is curled in one and she has on different necklaces in each. According to the closing submissions in the UK trial, these photos were taken on 5/21 at 21:24 and 23:57, respectively (ETA, per the metadata). This is the link to that document https://www.nickwallis.com/_files/ugd/5df505_23ef139d05094dbb981cd11ff3d7240f.pdf.

I guess AH didn't need her reading glasses today. Yet another prop she has used and discarded. Note, also, that she had to make sure to insert the extremely relevant info that she has a baby now in order to influence the jury. "I'm a mommy now! Feel sorry for poor little me, Johnny is such a monster!" :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288