VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me state first of all that i think AH is a liar and I hope she loses. That said, I disagree with the above assessments of JDs attorney. I found her to be abrupt and rude and feel if she doesn't tone it down, it won't sit well with the jury.
You could be right. CV didn't strike me as rude or abrupt at all, but maybe some of the jurors will think so.

The reason she didn't seem abrupt to me is because she started out very polite and patient, but AH tried to take advantage of that, and kept answering by REWORDING CV's questions.

I think it was fine for CV to stand firm and require AH to use the correct terms and answer the questions as asked, instead of twisting the words.

For example, CV asked if AH had ever made that 'donation' to children's hospital. And AH answered ' YES, I pledged 4 million dollars.'

CV had to call AH out for trying to substitute terms which changed the meaning of her answer. I thought CV was patient but firm and she forced AH to admit she never paid any of that money. That was an important point.

I liked the way CV handled that exchange, but we don't know how the jury will respond.

Did you feel like the attorney should have just let it go and moved on?

Last edited:
I know....:rolleyes:...that was such an arrogant way to put it. How is it in her 'honour?' She gave him a sob story and he has so much money that it wasn't that big of a favour to ask of him, especially since he was still trying to dAte her...
He got off cheap, hind sight.
Unless he donated some dna…
Then he’s trapped in her crazy basement.

JMO

There are discrepancies in the pictures of AH's face for May 21st 2016 incident. She has different earrings in her right ear, and different necklace chains. Very suspect since she claimed they were all taken at the exact same time by Rocky Pennington.

Yup, it proves she messed with the metadata and they missed that in the UK trial. I hope someone gets that info to JD's team for tomorrow.

"The court was shown a clip of Amber Heard appearing on The Late Late Show with James Corden in December 2015 with no visible marks or bruises on her face."

"Heard had previously testified that the night before the appearance she thought she was going to die when Depp allegedly headbutted her and tried to suffocate her with a pillow. She claimed she had two black eyes, what she thought was a broken nose and a busted lip from Depp allegedly punching her."
bbm
Depp's lawyer grill Heard over pics looking fresh-faced after 'abuse'

Extraordinary, that this woman would heal so quickly before she took those so called bruised face pics, and overnight before her Late Show appearance, from such physical and emotional injuries and trauma.

Someone should write a paper on this miraculous and superhuman phenomenon.
Well she IS a superhero after all. :rolleyes:

Interesting Freudian slip to call her makeup a "bruise kit" more than once. Those are for making fake bruises, not concealing them. Also she completely mucked up the order of the products. She said that you put on foundation first. That is so wrong. You put either the color correction or concealer first, foundation is last. Order matters and further gives away the fact that she more likely was creating bruises on top of foundation. She got the color wheel wrong, said use red if the bruise is purple.

Exactly, and how do we know he's not sleeping because he was tired?

Also, didn't they establish that AH came in with others and they'd just gotten ice cream and it was placed in JD's hand/lap?

If someone truly loves another, they may take pic's of something to demonstrate what they observe to be harmful behavior, but the pic is then deleted after being shared with alleged offender only. And it's very risky to take pics that can be misconstrued. You never keep an incriminating pic or send it to others. More harm can be done. She never loved him IMO.
oh, but you forget, this was him ‘on the nod’, lol; and she can guarantee it because… she’s some type of medical or addiction expert (Even though she claims she also never knew that detox was a disgusting harrowing process where the addict may in fact scream things at you, etc. Nope, his medical team just let 21st century Florence Nightingale/Pollyanna hybrid walk right on in there…)
Why was Johnny banging around the kitchen that morning? I have forgotten why he said.
I believe someone said it was the day after his mother died. I could of course be wrong.

You could be right. CV didn't strike me as rude or abrupt at all, but maybe some of the jurors will think so.

The reason she didn't seem abrupt to me is because she started out very polite and patient, but AH tried to take advantage of that, and kept answering by REWORDING CV's questions.

I think it was fine for CV to stand firm and require AH to use the correct terms and answer the questions as asked, instead of twisting the words.

For example, CV asked if AH had ever made that 'donation' to children's hospital. And AH answered ' YES, I pledged 4 million dollars.'

CV had to call AH out for trying to substitute terms which changed the meaning of her answer. I thought CV was patient but firm and she forced AH to admit she never paid any of that money. That was an important point.

I liked the way CV handled that exchange, but we don't know how the jury will respond.

Did you feel like the attorney should have just let it go and moved on?
That advice came from the trial attorney I was watching on YT, basically ‘sometimes and especially with someone like Amber Heard, you have to try to force them/cut them off by saying ‘Yes or no answers, Ms. Heard’… you know, the kind of thing her own counsel refuses to do to her.

i definitely don’t think CV should let the witness ‘run’ her, but YMMV.

Yup, it proves she messed with the metadata and they missed that in the UK trial. I hope someone gets that info to JD's team for tomorrow.
I think they have a big report from their expert already, where the expert did things like literally draw lines to focus up your attention to the pictures; and zoomed in to illustrate gray tear runs through her makeup.

I don’t think the problem is with them having the information; I think the problem is them cramming into evidence acceptably.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow