VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought she was hinting that the judge was not allowing her photos, for some reason. But I think, if that is the case, it would be because they cannot be dated or verified, etc.
Could be..based on her own testimony, she doesn't take responsility for anything. It's always someone else's fault. How do you think her lawyer will respond to that accusation? She very emphatically said she turned over Everything. It wasn't her decision what happened after that. I hope they call her on it. She sinks a little deeper everytime she opens her mouth. MO

What I find bewildering is why A.H. kept insisting that "pledged" and "donated" means the same thing.

If, for example - A.H. had replied something to the effect that she did not donate the $7 million to the 2 charities, and then perhaps said she regretted her non-payment, that would have been preferable to her nonsensical answers.

I would think that her lawyers discussed what A.H. should say in response to this question (that surely everyone knew would be asked).

In my opinion, A.H. came across as a manipulative and untruthful person in her answers today.

It makes me wonder what the members of the Jury thought about A.H.'s testimony today.

JMO

Last edited:
Thought this would be interesting share here cause I saw it pointed out somewhere else. Makes you wonder if Amber realizes that when she threw her lawyers under the bus today in regards to sending all the pics to them and it not being her job etc to show the pics that she made them witnesses that could be called in rebuttal. Taken of the VA Bar Website:

I've wondered if you can appeal a decision in a civil case or file for a new trial. Suing her legal team maybe her next gig. Is she setting for a claim of bad council?

Today was a devastating blow, to both mr pr dude and to AH. He wasn't visible at all in the court room front and center as usual. ( Probably in hiding somewhere) And I honestly have never seen AH run out of the courtroom as fast as she did today. There was no stopping to visit with her 'team'...no posing for a quick photo shoot....NADA. She bolted out of the court doors! I really don't think she can ever recover from the precision cuts given by Camille Vasquez. Multiple lies were exposed, and it was exquisite !!!
Apparently he has been caught out, amongst other things, trying to trade sex for interview access to Amber:

If she was truly frightened of JD, and afraid he was going to kill her, would she be taking those humiliating photos of him, with ice cream on his pants, and sending them to her friends?
I know… ’this is what I have to deal with’, sounds like she is talking about the dog having messed the bed… it doesn’t sound afraid. It sounds supercilious and disrespectful.

Maybe,in addition to taking multiple shots in different lighting she also needed to get them with different accessories too?, you know,to see which ones brought out the bruising best for the camera?
You laugh, and I do too, but photos are tricky… which is why we need experts. Like me wee fractured toe… looking at it with the naked eye, I think it looks almost good as new. Take A picture to send it to my folks… I think ‘yuck, where did all that yellow and lavender bruising come from?’

Apparently he has been caught out, amongst other things, trying to trade sex for interview access to Amber:

from the link:
"The “Aquaman” actress ditched her former PR firm and hired Shane a few weeks into the bombshell trial after getting frustrated with the press coverage she was receiving,"

"Shane has such a terrible reputation with women he has been dubbed “the walking #MeToo case of the PR world.”

Well that backfired, big time.
Looks like hiring Mr. "Sex Pest" is not exactly going to improve "the press coverage she was receiving" .

Recently, he tried to get a female Post reporter to link up with him at his hotel on the empty promise of a meeting with Heard, amid her testimony about allegedly being sexually abused by Depp…
He then offered the reporter an exclusive sit-down with Heard — but told her to first meet him at his hotel, screenshots from their messages confirm.
After the reporter, who is in her early 30s, failed to agree to meet him there, the sit-down with Heard fell through.

JMO
Hmmmm…
Birds of a feather….
Wow!

If she was truly frightened of JD, and afraid he was going to kill her, would she be taking those humiliating photos of him, with ice cream on his pants, and sending them to her friends?
DV victims don't provoke, yell and curse at their abuser, and call him a baby.
DV victims walk on eggs around their abuser, in abject fear of doing or saying something that will set him off.

btw, did an expert on DV testify in this trial? I was not able to follow entirely.

I guess donating invisible money is the same as donating real money? Who knew?

I wonder if her lawyers are worried that she is going to pledge to pay them. That was so ignorant that she had no choice but to repeat it to make a point.

Does anyone think Elaine was talking low on purpose to stall, repeat her statements or to dissolve the momentum?

Just a reminder that on May 5th, when dismissing the Court for the one week recess, Judge reminded the parties of their time remaining. She also stated that when their time is up, it’s UP! She said it doesn’t matter if they are in the middle of a witness or not.

So these are the times remaining MINUS TODAY May 16th.
I haven’t done the math yet.

We’ve been told ( by CourtTV) that AH team is calling witnesses Whitney, IO and Barkin by video deposition and even JD himself.

Then JD team will have final word with rebuttal.

Will they have time for all that ?

If anyone thinks CV was being abrupt today or rude, please keep in mind just how MUCH she needed to address. She was being efficient! And might I add, brilliant. JMO

I've wondered if you can appeal a decision in a civil case or file for a new trial. Suing her legal team maybe her next gig. Is she setting for a claim of bad council?
I am not a lawyer, however I understand that an Appellant Court decides whether they will hear the appeal, based on its legal merit.

A.H.'s current legal team attempted to have J.D.'s defamation suit thrown out.

In response, here is the Opinion Letter and Order of Chief Judge Penney S. Azcarate, dated August 17, 2021.

P.S. I would personally love to see A.H. sue her legal team. If her lawyers appear to be very aggressive and meticulous in this trial, I can only imagine how they would defend themselves in a case by A.H.

What I find bewildering is why A.H. kept insisting that "pledged" and "donated" means the same thing.

If, for example - A.H. had replied something to the effect that she did not donate the $7 million to the 2 charities, and then perhaps said she regretted her non-payment, that would have been preferable to her nonsensical answers.

I would think that her lawyers discussed what A.H. should say in response to this question (that surely everyone knew would be asked).

In my opinion, A.H. came across as a manipulative and untruthful person in her answers today.

It makes me wonder what the members of the Jury thought about A.H.'s testimony today.

JMO
I know pretty much nothing about the UK trial where JD sued the Sun newspaper for Libel and lost. I’m now researching it and see that he tried to appeal on the basis that AH lied and misled the Court about her “donations “ to charity.
Apparently his appeal was denied because they said he should have brought it up in the original trial.
I’m starting to see why this is so important for him.
JMO

Thursday's ruling closes the door on the Pirates of the Caribbean actor's legal action against The Sun newspaper for labeling him as a "wife-beater" in a 2018 article. Last week, Depp argued that the original trial ruling should be overturned on the basis that Amber Heard's pledge to donate her $7 million divorce settlement to charity was a "calculated and manipulative lie" that "subliminally" influenced Justice Nicol.
They backed this assertion up with new evidence they say shows the actress has donated a total of $550,000 to the ACLU and the Children's Hospital of Los Angeles since the couple's 2016 divorce.
It was, they claimed, far removed from the $3.5 million "the court was led to believe" each organization would receive.
In reply, Heard's legal team stated that she has done "nothing dishonest" with her donations to both charities and that she "pledged to pay over 10 years" — something they added was "understood" by the ACLU.
To support this, Heard's attorneys provided their own evidence, which they say showed that the Aquaman star has, in fact, gifted a total of $950,000 to the ACLU and $850,000 to the Children's Hospital through anonymous donors.
"She has pledged this amount," said Wolanski. "She is a donor."
On Thursday, the Court of Appeal ruled that it could not make a ruling about whether Heard's statements were "misleading." It added that Depp's legal team should also have raised the question of whether Heard's pledge was a "calculated and manipulative lie" during the original trial.

Today was a devastating blow, to both mr pr dude and to AH. He wasn't visible at all in the court room front and center as usual. ( Probably in hiding somewhere) And I honestly have never seen AH run out of the courtroom as fast as she did today. There was no stopping to visit with her 'team'...no posing for a quick photo shoot....NADA. She bolted out of the court doors! I really don't think she can ever recover from the precision cuts given by Camille Vasquez. Multiple lies were exposed, and it was exquisite !!!
I can't help myself..... BAM!!!!!

She stalked him.
She broke the restraining order!

Yet says: "I just want him to leave me alone."

Is that like talking out of both sides of your mouth?? I guess so, if you are two faced...ugh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23