VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
@BUF
I loved your post in the last thread but it was too late for me to comment.
You pointed out that that Dior still supports JD , while L’Oréal seems to have dropped AH . And that must really BURN her.

IMO she was jealous way before it costs her money or fame.
No way she ever loved this man. JMO

At 7:50

I was listening to Court TV to catch up and saw a portion of the cross today where AH says something like JD would sometimes put cigarettes out on himself and then said something like he had tried to do that to her but never did. Something along those lines but it made me immediately think about her saying that he had put cigarettes out on her in previous testimony. I have a lot of work to get done so I can’t look through everything but if anyone runs across either or both of these I would love to have the links to listen.

Yesterday's cross.

Sky News

'You will not see my eyes again'

The cross examination of Amber Heard now begins by Johnny Depp's lawyer, Camille Vasquez.

Ms Vasquez begins her questioning by saying to Heard: "Mr Depp hasn't looked at you once this entire trial has he?"

Heard answers: "Not that I've noticed, no".

Ms Vasquez says: "You've looked at him many times haven't you?"

Heard replies: "Yes I have."

Ms Vasquez says: "You know exactly why Mr Depp won't look back at you don't you?"

Heard replied: "I do"

Ms Vasquez says: "He promised you you would never see his eyes again. Isn't that true."

Heard says: "I don't recall if he said that."

The court is then played a piece of audio we are told was recorded in July 2016 in San Francisco. In it we hear Depp saying "we won't see each other again... I'm going to take my *advertiser censored***** glasses off... you will not see my eyes again”.

Ms Vasquez says: "He kept that promise hasn't he?"

Heard replies: "As far as I know he cannot look at me".

Ms Vasquez says: "He won't look at you right Miss Heard?"

Heard replies decisively: "He can't".

Sky News

'Mr Depp is your victim isn't he?'

Johnny Depp's lawyer tells Amber Heard: "You're here because Johnny Depp has told the world he was a victim of domestic violence".

We are played a piece of audio, which the court was played earlier in the case, in which we hear Heard say: "Tell the world, I Johnny Depp, a man, am a victim of domestic violence too".

Heard denies this. She says: "I was saying it to the man who beat me up for five years... I thought it was preposterous".

When suggested by the lawyer that she hit Depp, Heard replies: "I would never hurt Johnny". She goes on: "I found it hard to believe he could or would do that... I thought it would be crazy for him to do so, knowing what we've lived through."

Ms Vasquez continues: "Mr Depp is your victim isn't he? And once you'd left him you continued to abuse him publicly, by calling him an abuser".

Sky News

Depp's 'big chunky rings'

Johnny Depp's lawyer Camille Vasquez now moves on to the subject of Johnny Depp's jewellery.

Ms Vasquez says Depp always wore rings, adding in what she says are Heard's own words: "Every one of his fingers is adorned with big chunky rings." Ms Vasquez asks Heard if Depp was wearing these rings for each one of the attacks she alleges he carried out on her, and Heard says yes. We are then played am short piece of audio in which Heard can be heard saying: "I have never known Johnny not to wear rings".

Ms Vasquez refers us back to an occasion in March 2013 when Heard has alleged Depp hit her numerous times in the face. Ms Vasquez asks whether it is true that "he was wearing rings on that occasion" and again Heard repeats that she "pretty much never knew him not to wear rings".

1652775938781.png

We are then shown a photo of Heard after this occasion and Ms Vasquez tells the court that there is no visible damage to Heard's face. Heard agrees there is none visible in the photo.

This photo was shown to the court on day 14 of the case, at the time Heard said: "I don't know how many times he hit me in the face," she says. "I remember thinking, 'how can this happen to me again'."

Sky News

'There is no visible damage to your face'

We are also told about an occasion when Johnny Depp and Amber Heard were in Russia for promotion of the film The Lone Ranger in June 2016. Depp's lawyer, Camille Vasquez, says Heard earlier told the court about an occasion when Depp "whacked you in the face so hard that your nose bled while wearing chunky, big rings". Heard agrees. The court is then shown several photos which were said to be taken during the trip, after the alleged violence occurred, and Ms Vasquez draws attention to no apparent damage to Heard's face.

1652776132630.png
1652776151345.png

Ms Vasquez says Heard also alleges Depp hit her after the Met Gala in 2014, when Heard has said Depp hit her so hard she "thought her nose was broken", and that it was "swollen, discoloured, red". Heard agrees, and says she took a picture at the time. The lawyer asks why she "hasn’t produced it". Heard says "It's not up to me." She is asked why she has provided no medical records showing Depp "broke her nose" and Heard says she has provided all photos to her lawyers.

1652776221853.png

We are also shown a picture of Heard which taken the day after the Met Gala at another event, in which no injury can be seen on Heard’s face. Heard says she was wearing make up. The lawyer questions how she could cover bruising with make up, and Heard says that while make up won’t hide swelling, ice can.

Sky News

The Late Late Show with James Corden

We are now referred to an occasion in December 2015 when Amber Heard appeared on The Late Late Show with James Corden.

The night before Heard has alleged Depp had violently attacked her, injuring her face and lip.

1652776320071.png

1652776335611.png

Lawyer Camille Vasquez now shows the court photos and a short video of Heard’s appearance on the show, again highlighting the lack of visible damage to the actress's face.

Heard tells the court she was wearing make up.

1652776371220.png

Ms Vasquez specifically zones in on an image in which Heard can be seen opening her mouth wide, and points to the fact there is no visible split or injury.

Again Heard says she was wearing make up, including bright red lipstick.

Sky News

The spilt ice cream image

We are now shown a series of unflattering pictures of Johnny Depp, taken by Amber Heard during their relationship, including one with ice cream spilt in his lap and another of him asleep in the Bahamas.

1652776475432.png

1652776497553.png

Depp's lawyer Camille Vasquez says to Heard: "You seemed to like taking pictures of Johnny Depp while he was sleeping."

Heard replies: "I hated it." She says she took the pictures as she wanted Depp to "get help".

Ms Vasquez says Heard even sent the ice cream image to a friend. Heard says she doesn't recall.

Sky News

Heard admits she hasn't given $3.5m to children's hospital that she 'pledged' on TV

The judge has decided we can view an appearance Amber Heard made on Dutch talk show RTL Late Night in October 2018. In it, we see Heard discussing her apparent donation of her full $7m divorce settlement to two charities - the Children's Hospital of Los Angeles and the The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU). In the clip, Heard tells the host she donated it all as "I wanted nothing".

Depp's lawyer Camille Vasquez says that the $7m divorce settlement had been paid to Heard in full by February 2018, and Heard agrees that's correct. The lawyer also clarifies that Heard hadn't yet been sued by Depp at this point. Heard agrees.

Ms Vasquez asks why she says on the TV show she had "donated" the full settlement when she in fact had not.

Heard tells the court she has "pledged" the money, but Ms Vasquez picks her up and says she had not "donated it". Heard says "I use 'pledge' and 'donate' synonymous with one another". Ms Vasquez says she does not use the word in this way.

Ms Vasquez goes on: "As of today you have not paid $3.5m of your own money to the ACLU. As of today you have not paid $3.5m of your own money to the Children's Hospital of Los Angeles."

Heard says: "I have not been able to fulfil those obligations yet."

Ms Vasquez then goes on to say that although Heard has said she "wanted nothing" she in fact "did want something", explaining, "you wanted his money". Heard says "didn't get it, wasn't interested in it, I loved Johnny, that was why I was with him."

Ms Vasquez goes on to say Heard made the charity pledges because "you wanted praise for donating the money right? You wanted good press."

Heard says: "In general people do want good press, yes."

The lawyer then says "you wanted to seem altruistic publicly". Heard replies: "My interest is in clearing my name... at the time I was being called a liar and my motives were being questioned and I did see it as important to clear that up... I wanted to make a statement to make sure there wasn't any doubt and that I wouldn't be labelled these things because Johnny was a big star and had more publicity reach".

The lawyer says Heard made the pledges in order to "make her claims seem more believable... and be seen as "a noble victim of domestic violence".

Heard is visibly riled by this, and snaps: "I have never, never said I was a victim, nor have I ever described myself as one."

Heard says the reason she hasn't yet donated the full amount was because Depp sued her. She told the court: "I fully intend to honour all of my pledges. I would love for him to stop suing me so I can".

Ms Vasquez says Heard's statement under oath that she has "pledged the entirety of the settlement to charity" isn't true.

A back and forth argument now occurs between Heard and Ms Vasquez again over the use of the words 'pledge' and 'donate', after which Ms Vasquez calls Heard's response "really inappropriate". Heard says she disagrees with the lawyer's "characterisation" of the situation.

Sky News

Could Amber Heard have lied to the High Court?

We now look at Heard's sworn testimony from the UK Depp v The Sun court case back in 2020. It was the third statement Heard submitted to the case, which was held at the High Court in London.

This part is read out loud in court: "I remained financially independent from [Depp] the whole time we were together and I donated the entirety of my divorce settlement to charity".

Depp's lawyer Camille Vasquez says this statement, which she reiterates was given under oath, is not true. She says, in fact: "most of [your donations to the charities] came from someone else."

Heard says: "I don't know what you mean by 'most of'", adding: "I believe Elon made a donation in my honour on one of the years". Heard says that was not part of her pledge.

Depp's lawyer Camille Vasquez says: "Those $500,000 donations came from your new boyfriend Elon Musk right?"

Heard says: "I don't know if he was a new boyfriend at the time".

Ms Vasquez says: "You got him to pay part of what you promised to these two charities because you wanted to keep some of the settlement for yourself didn't you?"

Heard says: "You're very wrong about that."

At this point the judge calls time for the day.

"Ms Vasquez says Heard also alleges Depp hit her after the Met Gala in 2014, when Heard has said Depp hit her so hard she "thought her nose was broken", and that it was "swollen, discoloured, red". Heard agrees, and says she took a picture at the time. The lawyer asks why she "hasn’t produced it". Heard says "It's not up to me." She is asked why she has provided no medical records showing Depp "broke her nose" and Heard says she has provided all photos to her lawyers."

1. She hasn't produced these pictures.
2. She has provided NO medical records showing Depp "broke her nose".

These blew me away.

She said in court yesterday, that she'd been trying since 2016 to get JD to leave her alone.

Yet SHE'S the one who broke the restraining order. She stalked him...

I still can't get past that.

Could be..based on her own testimony, she doesn't take responsility for anything. It's always someone else's fault. How do you think her lawyer will respond to that accusation? She very emphatically said she turned over Everything. It wasn't her decision what happened after that. I hope they call her on it. She sinks a little deeper everytime she opens her mouth. MO
A true grandiose narcissist, no responsibility, lack of empathy, somebody else’s fault, requires to be seen and heard (no pun) smartest in the room, look at me. I truly believe JD is no saint however it appears he’s been pushed to breaking point. So after both parties in particular AH if guilty how on earth do they pay for this ??

Old Vanity Fair article with Kate Moss talking about JD. Good luck with your lies AH.

"During a brief but intense romance with Johnny Depp, Moss says she finally felt taken care of. “There’s nobody that’s ever really been able to take care of me. Johnny did for a bit. I believed what he said,” Moss says. “Like if I said, ‘What do I do?,’ he’d tell me. And that’s what I missed when I left. I really lost that gauge of somebody I could trust. Nightmare. Years and years of crying. Oh, the tears!”"

Kate Moss on Her “Years of Crying” Over Johnny Depp—and How She’s Still a Total “Hell-Raiser” Behind Closed Doors

Sky News

The spilt ice cream image

We are now shown a series of unflattering pictures of Johnny Depp, taken by Amber Heard during their relationship, including one with ice cream spilt in his lap and another of him asleep in the Bahamas.

View attachment 344480

View attachment 344481

Depp's lawyer Camille Vasquez says to Heard: "You seemed to like taking pictures of Johnny Depp while he was sleeping."

Heard replies: "I hated it." She says she took the pictures as she wanted Depp to "get help".

Ms Vasquez says Heard even sent the ice cream image to a friend. Heard says she doesn't recall.
The ice cream picture is ridiculous! He has one hand in his pocket and the other palm down in his lap,if he had passed out mid ice cream hold surely his hand would be hanging palm up? ( Hope you can picture what I mean).
Add to that the way the pillows are behind him and it looks like he is positioned in a way that stretches his back and has fallen asleep IMO.

AH was very disdainful, smug and cocky towards Ms Vasquez. Not a good look.
Probably a lost cause for her team to advise her to act a bit more deferential and respectful.

Reminds me of the attitude "Do you know who I am ?" statement by those who expect lesser beings to defer to them.
I also noticed she called Camille ‘ma’am’ A few times, lol… almost positive AH is older than Camille; plus, I don’t recall her ever calling Elaine ‘ma’am’. Wonder if AH thinks she is casting dowdy shade on her!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave