VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sky News

Heard's former friend recalls Depp 'yelling' at actress

Amber Heard's former friend Raquel Pennington is being asked about an event that took place in May 2016 in her recorded deposition now.

She tells Heard's lawyer Ben Rottenborn she was getting ready for an artist craft show in one of the apartments in Heard's penthouse complex when Heard got a message from Depp saying he wanted to come over.

Ms Pennington says Heard went to see Depp in another apartment that is connected to the building but she later sent a text to her asking her to "come over".

When she arrived she says she saw Depp "yelling" at Heard.

"He was yelling, I don't remember what exactly he was saying and she was calling for help and that had never happened before. Saying help me," she says.

"I went and I cut though the space between the coffee table and the sofa and I went after him and he was yelling and yelling and I put my hands up on his chest and I was like stop just stop.

"Just trying to calm him down and he hit my hands away and so I just went straight over to Amber. She sat down on the couch, she was crying and I put my body over her and he came a little bit closer to us, and he was yelling at her to get up or quit crying or something and he was getting closer and closer."

Ms Pennington says she recalled seeing a ceramic ash tray on the coffee table while Depp was shouting.

"I was thinking if he gets any closer I'm just going to pick up that ash tray and hit him with it because he was getting closer to us."

I would think in a deposition one would want to appear believable and some what professional looking. The stretching, arms up, sighing, appearing drugged and just woken up from sleep, slow drawn out responses, etc, as evidenced by RP is seemingly not credible. JMO.

Yes the one I’m watching on Court TV has a date of January 21, 2022.
The one where RP has hair up, yellow shirt and an apricot scarf.
Uh oh, now I have You’re So Vain stuck in my head again.

Yeah, I went all the way back and checked the dates to see if this was before it after CV questions.
It's a farce!

All this video depo testimony is not impressive. Either they did not trust them to get on stand in person or most probably a great way to avoid any cross today. It all just loses impact via video and I bet this jury is not that into these videos. Reports from court are that some do appear to tune on from time to time even with in person witnesses.

Interesting that RP did not ask JD how a piece of his finger got cut off (he was wearing a cast). Perhaps I am not a normal person but I always ask how someone got an obvious injury such as a cast on a leg. They have done so to me... I have had 2 separate broken bones situations. JMO.

there is a super cougher now in the courtroom...not sure if lawyers or gallery. This reminds me of Husel where the State attorney continued to cough and then when Baez complained she was gone and tested positive for covid.
Maybe the Juror who needed a tissue yesterday? CourtTV reporter was asked about that and said the Juror seems to have the sniffles and “ coughs occasionally “.
MOO

I just cannot buy that these photos of Amber are indicative of anyone getting punched/slapped in the mouth. I cannot see where hair had been "removed." I do not know why RP is crying or if it's real. The hair is not long enough to have come out of the root of AH's scalp. I'm just not impressed.

How could you not ask or be told by your friend how he cut his finger tip off and especially since you have a similar injury. Nope I don’t believe her answer. Either she is forgetful, which does not help her recollection of events or she is not telling the truth about it. My bet is AH had her own version on what happened and RP did not want to say that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire