VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah I watch one of these YouTube lawyers stream and they said they can't bring in Howell's statement because that's hearsay. Howell will have to come in and testify and bring in that statement herself.
I was afraid it might be hearsay. Hopefully Howell will appear? It's important.
Whitney has been the only one who testified that she saw JD hit Amber.

I'm just flabbergasted at how the UK judge found 12 (or whatever it was) out of 14 of these allegations to be credible. I read that judgement before this trial started and I was firmly in her camp. I just figured an independent judge found her credible so I was confused about all this outrage against her. I had not listened to any of the audio before it was played in court but I don't think that alone would've turned me off completely. It was her testimony that did it for me finally! I was completely turned off after that.

I can't believe any of these people when they talk about the "destruction." Pictures never line up with what they are talking about except AUS. I'm tired of hearing everything id demolished and then there are pictures of frames sitting on a bed or bananas on the floor. Seriously.
You reminded me - I was looking at the pictures of the writing on the mirror in Australia and comparing them with her ''Love letter journal'' or whatever it was called. But they showed it during AH's testimony and to me it looks like her writing.

Last summer I stood by AH. I am ashamed of myself.

This article shows step by step what JD endured. I don't know how he survived. This is a MUST read article.

Those peeps are doing the lord’s work… hopefully some other news outlet picks this up. It is almost necessary IMO, what with all of Elaine attempts to muddy the timeline by jumping around chronologically.

I can't believe any of these people when they talk about the "destruction." Pictures never line up with what they are talking about except AUS. I'm tired of hearing everything id demolished and then there are pictures of frames sitting on a bed or bananas on the floor. Seriously.
Regarding the pictures on the bed, one witness said they were 'stacked', one witness said they were 'placed' and another said they were 'thrown'. I'll leave it up everyone else who said they were 'thrown'.

Regarding the pictures on the bed, one witness said they were 'stacked', one witness said they were 'placed' and another said they were 'thrown'. I'll leave it up everyone else who said they were 'thrown'.
I wonder what they were pictures of. If JD was there to pick up his things, maybe he was taking them off the wall because he wanted them and then he left them after all the arguing started.

I'm just flabbergasted at how the UK judge found 12 (or whatever it was) out of 14 of these allegations to be credible. I read that judgement before this trial started and I was firmly in her camp. I just figured an independent judge found her credible so I was confused about all this outrage against her. I had not listened to any of the audio before it was played in court.
Even though I was on his side, because he too seemed bewildered he lost and he’s not stupid - not only AH, but people for decades have said, a la Kate Moss, he’s been their sounding board - but I think a lot of people were in your boat.

Also, I don’t think the UK allowed, heard, or considered these recordings.

I am no lawyer and certainly not in the UK, but everyone has said something akin to, as a witness and not a counterparty, Amber’s evidence was not evaluated by the judge under the rules of evidence.

By which I mean.basically he read over her written witness statements and the odd photo therein, she went to the stand in person, and he evaluated her on ‘believability of her story’.

Imo the trial in the UK was super biased. Robert Palmer is the son of Andrew Nicol, the judge who ruled in the UK trial. Robert Palmer works for talkRADIO, a sister company of The Sun. Anyway you can google it if you like, many lawyers chiming in on this case in VA have said it was very biased and that Johnny was not able to present his case. A lot of hearsay was allowed.

Even though I was on his side, because he too seemed bewildered he lost and he’s not stupid - not only AH, but people for decades have said, a la Kate Moss, he’s been their sounding board - but I think a lot of people were in your boat.

Also, I don’t think the UK allowed, heard, or considered these recordings.

I am no lawyer and certainly not in the UK, but everyone has said something akin to, as a witness and not a counterparty, Amber’s evidence was not evaluated by the judge under the rules of evidence.

By which I mean.basically he read over her written witness statements and the odd photo therein, she went to the stand in person, and he evaluated her on ‘believability of her story’.

I was trying to read that judge's opinion in the UK, but I stopped when he started vindicating her for the dog incident in Australia. That judge NEVER gave anything the benefit of the doubt BUT Amber.

I wonder what they were pictures of. If JD was there to pick up his things, maybe he was taking them off the wall because he wanted them and then he left them after all the arguing started.
He said during his own testimony that he was gathering things that were personal to him and I'm sure one he mentioned was a picture of him with Hunter S Thompson, so I wonder if that's what they were.

They talk about "drawing the curtains," but does that acting coach realize they are on the top of a building? Does she get that it's hotter and probably brighter up there?
Plus the ceilings are super high, aren’t they? Like 30 feet easy? Just going off memory here…
I was trying to read that judge's opinion in the UK, but I stopped when he started vindicating her for the dog incident in Australia. That judge NEVER gave anything the benefit of the doubt BUT Amber.
Exactly so. IMO her UK attorneys judge shopped. They almost certainly knew they got someone close to retirement who could escape sanctions.

The thing is the UK judge’s opinion is pretty detailed. He goes through each alleged incident and everyone’s testimony about it and basically finds that many of the Depp witnesses and Depp were untruthful. He gives AH a lot of credit. I don’t know if any of you have read it but it is quite convincing. Depp testified at that trial as well.

Due to curiosity of where all this took place:

The LA penthouses. He sold them in 2017.

Click on the blue links

more pics

video: Johnny Depp Sells First of Five Eclectic L.A. Penthouses for $2.5 million

Last edited:
Hi, I'm not wishing to be argumentative or pedantic but just to mention, in my part of the world, UK, the word 'skeletal' is often pronounced by British academics and medics with emphasis on the middle like 'skuh-lee-tle'. I don't know why and if that is correct / incorrect.
I agree. I'm Australian-trained in neurology. We pronounced skeletal as skuLEEtal, ie. with emphasis on the second syllable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth