VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, I know that he knows he has an alcohol problem and admits to it, I just meant I hope he realises the effect it has on his personality in a way which his other vices don't appear to if you see why I mean?.
I think perhaps he has never been around people as much whilst drunk as he was when he was with Amber,so possibly has never found himself in a situation where he behaved so out of character.

I do believe he has stated he has been cleaning sober for a good while now (possibly not including weed but I wouldn't count that personality) which is great!.
I have also wondered if leaving his wife and children helped send him in this downward spiral. I am pretty sure he never went to his family home and acted the same way he acted with AH. He may have acted out with friends and partied hard. But he was probably on good behaviour at home with his kids.

And when he was filming a big movie he couldn't be fall/down drunk or he would have been fired.

I think that leaving his wife and children hit him hard and he hoped that his new found love would be supportive and stable---but it was just the opposite.

I have also wondered if leaving his wife and children helped send him in this downward spiral. I am pretty sure he never went to his family home and acted the same way he acted with AH. He may have acted out with friends and partied hard. But he was probably on good behaviour at home with his kids.

And when he was filming a big movie he couldn't be fall/down drunk or he would have been fired.

I think that leaving his wife and children hit him hard and he hoped that his new found love would be supportive and stable---but it was just the opposite.

Yes. He was getting older, children were growing up, VP didn't really enjoy living in CA when she was there (can't blame her as this was not her home). JD thought he found a young wonderful partner. What a hellish disaster.

So I had question. Why is this trial in Virginia?

I looked it up though.
Explained here:
Heard and Depp are Hollywood actors who do not live or work in the Commonwealth of Virginia. But Depp was allowed to sue in the state because the news outlet that ran the article, The Washington Post, “houses its printing press and online server in Fairfax County.” The Post is not named as a defendant in the case.

more: Why Is the Johnny Depp-Amber Heard Trial in Virginia?

In fact Heard's lawyers tried to have it transferred to CA, but were unsuccessful.

So I assume they are all staying in hotels or such in Fairfax?

The problem is it takes only one juror to hang this case. As one legal commentator said last night, these trials are won or lost in jury selection. I think it's also possible that there could be a juror who finds AH sympathetic like that one juror in the Jodi Arias trial. Although I realize that issue has several layers including that the juror perhaps didn't like the prosecution due to her own prior legal issues etc. I don't want to argue over that but my point is that it takes one juror. This has to be unanimous for JD to win.
Sadly this is so true. Allegedly, JD might be okay with losing this case if the end result is that the truth came out. I do hope if either one of them wins that the money is brought down to a whole lot less. (she does not deserve and he does not need the money). MOO.

What I don’t understand about all these hanger on friendys of AMber as they witness Johnny -drunken rage- or -flinging of doors-
WHY didn’t they leave???
It is Johnnys house after all!
Was Amber in high school ? Had her friendys sleep over, live there?
Could she never be alone? Actually be an adult with her husband in their home?!
If he’s out making movies & money and he wants to do -whatever- in his own home
None of their business! Leave!
Amber used JD to park her friends, sister , fan club in his home like a hotel for high school friends. She triangulates with other men (& women) which is very Narc typical.
He couldn’t win. No wonder he wanted to disappear. She treated him with abuse on many many levels IMO!
That's what I'm saying! She wasn't living in some isolated home out in the country. Johnny did not isolate her like she claims. Just go on IMDb and you can see all the movies she was in during their relationship. She went to photoshoots, premiers etc... no one saw anything out of the ordinary. You really have to stretch your imagination about all these allegations, it doesn't make sense imo.

So I had question. Why is this trial in Virginia?

I looked it up though.
Explained here:
Heard and Depp are Hollywood actors who do not live or work in the Commonwealth of Virginia. But Depp was allowed to sue in the state because the news outlet that ran the article, The Washington Post, “houses its printing press and online server in Fairfax County.” The Post is not named as a defendant in the case.

more: Why Is the Johnny Depp-Amber Heard Trial in Virginia?

In fact Heard's lawyers tried to have it transferred to CA, but were unsuccessful.

So I assume they are all staying in hotels or such in Fairfax?
I don't know about everyone but I did read somewhere that Whitney is living with AH in VA during this trial. Which makes me wonder if they have discussed their testimony and if WH has watched the trial. Maybe she's allowed to who knows. MOO

Edit - Whitney's initials.

I don't know about everyone but I did read somewhere that Whitney is living with AH in VA during this trial. Which makes me wonder if they have discussed their testimony and if WH has watched the trial. Maybe she's allowed to who knows. MOO

Edit - Whitney's initials.
When JD’s lawyer asked WH if she was aware that Isaac had testified that WH calls him her spirit animal, I wondered if that was a subtle attempt to see if she had been watching the trial. JMO

WH acted surprised and said she wasn’t aware.

Just a thought

The other big issue, IMO, is that the previous trial was against The SUN, a large publication.

So the real question before the judge was 'did the Sun make the right decision to print AH's claims?'

I think that is an easier decision that determining ultimately if she was lying about the incidents. I think the judge was just considering if the Sun did due diligence in weighing her claims. And if it was possible, even slightly probable, some of it was true, then JD loses the case.
Well, that's partly true, but whatever he said definitely led her fans to be able to bludgeon other people about the head with the decision... "the judge agreed he had abused her in 12 of the 14 instances"... (not sure the judge said which two he did not believe); the constant re-statings of statements like "I do not believe Ms. Heard did this intentionally" - c'mon, how does he know this? IMO he was dazzled by her beauty on the stand and that's why everything she said was taken as gospel truth. She widened her eyes and said oh no no, nev-er nev-er did I do this... it was always him - and the judge was like yeah, okay, sounds great!
RSBM ITA.

Living under the dark, dark cloud of such horrible accusations could have done him in... literally, forever. Sobriety is lifelong and he deserves so many tomorrows! jmo
also I think it's important to keep in mind that, no matter how many times she says she objected to his drug and alcohol usage, Amber didn't care how much damage she was doing to him; not once. She went on the offensive with righteous indignation.
<modsnip>

The way I see this situation is, AH won him over with her weird little geisha-esque "caretaking" motions (taking the boots off, etc.); which in turn made him believe that she was this sweet, caring, outwardly focused woman.

In reality, those of us who have gotten to know Amber Heard within the confines of this trial, have in fact learned that Amber Heard is anything but; she's in fact an inwardly-focused (IMO) selfish faker, who was in fact just playacting at being outwardly concerned.

JD, conversely, I believe IS actively outwardly concerned about other people; perhaps even to the outright exclusion of himself and his own place in many given situations.

He imputed to her the same others-focused generosity of spirit he has in the actuality.

He was wrong.

In all these weeks, about the only unselfish thing I've heard anyone say/testify Amber Heard did over the course of this marriage, was to (a), ask Isaac if he wanted she and Rocky to go to the drugstore and get stuff for his chest cold; (b), writing out restaurant recommendations for Ben King while he was in Los Angeles.

Last edited by a moderator:
Because both of Isaac and the LAPD officers (and the latter's bodycams), have testified there was in fact no wine in the hallways.

If there was no wine, then JD never went on his wine-slinging rampage (and keep in mind, this is almost assuredly red wine we're talking about, and the hallway carpets are pale, with that telltale diagonal stripe); and thus they made it 100% up (and then tried to get away with this ridiculous claim that, in the hour between the non-bodycam'med officers' arrival and those with the body cams, "they cleaned up").

She did... I remember thinking how ridiculous her written statement was in the UK.

Well, so did iO in his written UK statement at least, "it's only because I know Amber Heard so so well that I could tell her nose was swollen under that makeup", which; nice transparent try to fit in with the "yes, in 24 hours arnica and ice will take care of anything that makeup does not cover" insanity they've been pitching since Day 1; and thereby contributing, IMO, to the overall JD team perception that the AH claque conspired to give this narrative.

Because the reason is IMO damning to AH, and resulted after some form of knock-down, drag-out fight/realization on what type of person she is, which would in fact support Johnny Depp.

That's 'cause she lies; and it's also IMO why we aren't seeing more objections from JD side. They know jury has not forgotten AH testimony.

As for the judgment, it's well known in lawyer circles and I can almost guarantee Elaine would have told her, everyone knows these numbers, as are some class action lawsuit numbers, designed as "on-paper" victories.

AH knows dang well, IMO, that nobody is going to expect her to pony up the ridiculous sum of 50 million, in much the same way no one would or will ever enforce JD's having to pay 100M/

FWIW one of the Eastern Columbia employees testified that they never saw JD enter the building again after that night, which is testimony indeed, IMO.

I was thinking as she/he said this, that the employees were probably internally on tenterhooks reviewing security video, waiting to be able to report to the others if he did come in.
Wow!!! Thank you so much. You have a gift for making me see and understand better. (keep in mind I only started trial very late). MOO.

This poor jury will be yawning again tomorrow with all those depos Heard’s team is supposed to play. Bet they can’t wait for closings next Friday. Remember, we have talked about this long trial extensively…they haven’t been able to.
closing is next Friday?
I need to cancel an appointment lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members