VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my goodness Ms Barkin has changed.
Would be interesting to know -her side- of all her OLD past relationships.
Barkin ,like AH , does not present like a doormat kinda woman. Like AH perhaps one gave as good as one got.

I see Johnny laughing btw….
JMO

who is this currently testifying? Was he a therapist of JD's at some point? If so why is he testifying? Isn't there a HIPPA issue here?
If you mean Cowan (I'm still behind), I thought we heard a couple times before in the trial that he was AH's therapist/psychologist.

In which case he should definitely (IMO) not be giving JD's medical notes, WTH.

This is interesting testimony from Waldman finally. It shows he’s actively dragging her name through the mud on the Internet. I know JD supporters will feel it’s factual and thus justified. But this supports, from her perspective, that JD is harassing her online.
Isn't Waldman unprofessional and unethical? What kind of attorney would do this?

Psychiatrist with whom JD had 18 in-person sessions. Doctor also prescribed meds.
who is this currently testifying? Was he a therapist of JD's at some point? If so why is he testifying? Isn't there a HIPPA issue here?

This is a civil trial, not a criminal trial.

Why would a doctor be compelled to testify about their patient?

Isn't Waldman unprofessional and unethical? What kind of attorney would do this?
Technically an attorney is also an advocate so I don’t think this is unethical exactly. I think it’s common for Hollywood types to do this kind of media attack. That’s what AH was doing after all. And Waldman was hitting back. Quite effectively! Because the facts were on his side! But it still worries me and feels icky with respect to this type of campaign/attack being used as a blueprint by attys against future real DV victims.

Sky News

Psychologist note reads 'wait after fight devil'

We now have a new witness, who is giving evidence via recorded testimony.

Doctor Alan Blaustein is a psychologist and doctor, and met with Johnny Depp around 18 times.

He describes Depp's relationship with Amber Heard as "chaotic" adding, "there were lots of ups and downs". He also says there was "lots of anger, disappointment and high emotional expression".

Dr Blaustein says during his treatment in 2014 and 2015 he had concerns around Depp's use of the prescription drug Adderall. He said he wanted to know about its prescription for Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).

He says his treatment of Depp ended when Depp went to Australia to film Pirates Of The Caribbean in March 2015, and he does not know why Depp stopped coming to see him on his return to America.

He says during his treatment Depp told him about abuse he said he had suffered at a time, and had also written in his notes, "pain in the *advertiser censored*" which he believes was referring to Heard, who was Depp's fiancée at the time.

Another note Dr Blaustein made says Depp feared becoming his father, and also that he felt he needed to be a better person for his children.

The lawyer asks if Depp told him about "violence and rage in other relationships other than Amber". He says he talked about "rage and chaos, I don't remember anything about violence".

Dr Blaustein says his notes show Depp's two children, LR and J were 15 and 12 at the time of his treatment, and that he had concerns over getting child custody after the breakup of his relationship with Vanessa Paradis.

Another note in his pad reads: "Wait after fight devil". Dr Blaustein says Depp "referred to the devil as a representation to something horrible inside himself." He says he believes the devil reflected Depp's "internal struggle" against chaos, and also that he was fighting depression and addiction at the time.

I can’t believe they’re allowing such a disjointed deposition to be entered into this trial. This psychiatrist seems totally unprepared and not even understanding his own notes!! It appears the lawyer is putting words into the doctor’s mouth! I’ve never seen anything like this - it’s so unprofessional. IMO…

EXCLUSIVE - Scary Skinny Amber Heard Visits Famed Domestic Abuse Psychologist As Divorce From Johnny Depp Gets Messy - X17 Online

https://www.ifod.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/COWAN.pdf

link to article describing him as AH's "domestic abuse psychologist and link to his Cowan's notes If this man treated JD in addition to AH how are we able to hear this testimony? so confused.
I'm more confused by the notes, which say nothing (to me) about whether or not Connell Cowan saw AH and her purported "two black eyes" in person.

In fact, it seems from the wording to me to be quite the opposite, that he in fact never saw her, only talked to her on the phone; which would certainly be of a piece with her lying to him about this the way she (clearly, IMO) lied to many others based upon the physical evidence we've seen... does she and her team think this is the same thing?

A reminder: Johnny's father was the abused parent, his mother was the abusive one. If he feared becoming his father, that means he was worried about being abused himself and falling into the patterns of staying with someone who was violent towards him.

Well, she showed up; I don't know how perplexed she could have been, considering she could've just said "no".

She clearly wanted to tell this story; Elon Musk, James Franco, and (it seems) Paul Bettany have all gotten out of having to testify, and it's been said nothing will happen to any of them for ignoring subpoenas, because VA can't compel you to show up.

She definitely wanted to tell her story…and coincidentally used key words associated with the trial (Ambers side of the trial).

Since EB was allowed to testify - I wonder if Jennifer, Winona, Vanessa etc can testify? Though I get the feeling JD doesn't want to drag them into this trial like that. MOO

Maybe, and no doubt they would all day what a great guy he is,I mean they have,frequently!.
After hearing so many people testify to his jealous streak though,I'm tending towards it not looking great for him if his beloved exes also testified that he was Jealous and paranoid,and I do believe he was.
Talking the good points up and not answering questions in the media about the not so great ones is one thing, but I don't think they would lie under oath for him .

I'm not saying that they were disturbed or upset by his jealousy, they all obviously found him desirable to be with despite it,and I don't think they would ever willingly insinuate it either but if you are asked a direct yes or no question under oath it's hard to avoid IMO.

I'm sure I'm not alone in concluding that JD has serious self esteem issues and a huge fear of abandonment no doubt causes by his upbringing. He seems a very damaged,fragile soul.

I also think it fair to point out that even though jealousy has clearly always been an issue for him,there are still 0 reports of him ever abusing a partner until AH, and I still don't believe he ever physically hurt her.

Last edited:
Sky News

'S*** with my girl'

Another of psychologist Alan Blaustein's session notes reads "s**** with my girl". He says that referred to issues Depp was having with Amber Heard at the time.

The doctor also wrote: "Being like mother and psychotic sister". He says this too was a description of Heard, reported to him by Depp.

The doctor's notes also seem to point to Heard accusing Depp of "being manic" during this time.

Later notes, written towards the end of 2014 describe Depp as being "cloudy", which he says probably meant he was a little confused, and "less sharp, less alert" than normal. He says he noted that he didn't believe the actor was suffering from "mania or hyper mania" at the time.

Another note says Depp was "looking at jealous parts of him[self], and the doctor mentions "a triggering point" he wrote down, which said: "an actress cheated with leading man", seemingly in reference to Heard, and Depp's jealousy of her. He says Depp talked about "paranoia" during that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks