VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sky News

Depp's former agent

The next witness is Tracey Jacobs, Johnny Depp's former talent agent.

Ms Jacobs says she first met Depp around 35 years ago, and when she moved agency the actor moved with her. She describes Depp as previously "the biggest star in the world", and says she takes a part of the credit for that, saying Depp was "extraordinarily talented", but her own talent allowed her to make the most of that in promoting him.

She is being questioned by Amber Heard's lawyer Elaine Bredehoft, who asks if it's correct she was fired by Depp.

Ms Jacobs says: "Yes. He terminated everyone in his life. I was along for the ride".

She describes how representing Depp "became far more complicated" in the last 10 years he was with her, explaining that was due to "his unprofessional behaviour". She elaborates: "Showing up late to set consistently on virtually every movie - I would get yelled at. I never used the words 'difficult client' directly to him, but I said 'you've got to stop doing this, it's hurting you'. And it did."

Ms Jacobs goes on: "Initially crews loved him, as he was so great with the crew. But crews don't like sitting around for hours and hours waiting for the star to turn up. Word got around town - people talk it's a small community - and it made people reluctant to use him toward the end."

Sky News

Pirates of The Caribbean 5

Specifically describing Pirates of The Caribbean 5, Johnny Depp's former talent agent Tracey Jacobs says she twice went to Australia while Depp was filming. It was during this film that Depp had surgery to his finger tip, delaying the production of the film.

Ms Jacobs says she referred Doctor Kipper to Depp as the physician had so much experience helping high profile clients get clean and sober.

She's asked if she believes Depp had fundamental issues with anger, and she says yes, and that she believes it worsened over time. She says he became angry when he didn't get what he wanted. She also says he regularly used ear pieces to have his lines fed to him while he was filming.

The earpiece thing - from what I remember, Keenan Wyatt said on the stand that he would play him music or new lines the morning of the shoot. Also I think this agent is salty because he let her go. MOO

Concierge doctors tend to be sketchy in general. Because discretion is so important when dealing with clients.

While I don't doubt that Johnny was probably late to shoots in the past, it's pretty clear that he went on a downward spiral once he was with AH. He fell off the wagon. But also she was controlling. We have audio where she kept him from leaving his car for over an hour while wanting to go inside to see his daughter. They even discuss on other audios that she starts fights when he's about to go to work.

She was a BIG part of the problem because of her abandonment issues.

I can't help but relate to some of JD's struggles. I have survivor bias, I guess, because my ex-partner would often pick fights that led to me being late to work or calling in sick. I was often an emotional mess when I did get there and my work suffered in general. Being in a toxic abusive relationship takes its toll on you. Ending a toxic abusive relationship also takes its toll. And then being continually harassed via further public allegations and condemnation probably didn't help.

Interesting that Camille managed to point out that AH's lawyers started litigation against JD first in 2018.

Sky News

'$25m for Pirates of The Caribbean'

Now it's time for Johnny Depp's lawyers to question Depp's former agent, Tracey Jacobs.

Ms Jacobs asked: "Have you ever seen Depp hit a woman, throw anything at a woman or in any other way act violently towards a woman?". She says no.

She also says other than Amber Heard, she hasn't heard of any other women accuse Depp of violence. She says she has never seen injuries on Heard.

Ms Jacobs is asked about a message in which she says something is "good news", and says she was talking about obtaining money for Depp.

She explains; "We were able to help [Depp] out when he was in financial desperation. We were able to secure a loan for him through Bank of America." She is asked about his fees for various movies, and says for Murder on the Orient Express he was paid "$5m for four consecutive weeks plus a good back end deal". For Pirates of The Caribbean 5 she says he was paid "$25m with the backend". 'Backend' is referring to extra money being paid in line with ticket sales, merchandise etc.

Concierge doctors tend to be sketchy in general. Because discretion is so important when dealing with clients.

While I don't doubt that Johnny was probably late to shoots in the past, it's pretty clear that he went on a downward spiral once he was with AH. He fell off the wagon. But also she was controlling. We have audio where she kept him from leaving his car for over an hour while wanting to go inside to see his daughter. They even discuss on other audios that she starts fights when he's about to go to work.

She was a BIG part of the problem because of her abandonment issues.

I came to the same conclusion, to my mind it's obvious that his toxic relationship with AH started a downward spiral and his abuse of all substances ramped up which clearly has caused problems with his reputation and ergo his employability.
Unfortunately that's not what the case is about and I think maybe this might be what loses it for him :( .

The ex agent does seem a little bent out of shape but I do believe her testimony so far.

Sky News

'Depp's star had dimmed'

Asked about her earlier testimony that Johnny Depp had been "the biggest Movie star in the world", his former agent Tracey Jacobs says when he parted company with her agency that was no longer the case.

She says "his star had dimmed". She explains that this was due to "the reputation he had acquired due to lateness and other things... People were talking and the question was out there about his behaviour".

Questioning this witness has now finished.

And yet he's filmed at least one movie pretty much every year since the 90s. Sometimes two or three. That's not consistent with people not wanting to work with him, IMO.
as stated by many in the business Hollywood puts up with a lot to make a big box office movie....drug use etc. So that can be an argument in his favor...at this point when it is "abuse" things have really changed even in Hollywood. I would not want to be on this jury.

Sky News

New witness - Depp's ex business manager

We now hear from Johnny Depp's former business manager Joel Mandel.

He appears to be giving his recorded testimony from his office, which is stacked with paperwork, and rather full. He explains he has been a talent manager in LA for many years. He says Depp's sister, Christie, introduced him to the actor and she was the main person through whom he would communicate with Depp.

He says from around 2010 it became much harder to meet up with Depp. He says while he always knew Depp was the kind of person who "enjoyed a wine at the end of the night", it now "became clear there were issues around alcohol and drugs". He says this made his job as business manager more "challenging".

He goes on: "It became clear to me the use of alcohol and drugs was a daily event." He says it was hard to find "good days, and good parts of days" to arrange meetings to discuss what they needed to. He says he does believe Depp had periods of sobriety, but can't say exactly when that was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998