VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a frickin' waste of time :rolleyes:
Maybe she had a point when they put him on the witness list??

What does Elaine hope to get from JD's former attorney Adam Waldman? Nothing can be gained here? What can he say that isn't covered by attorney client privilege? This is what it looks like when Elaine wastes her very precious time left to defend her case.

Unless she just wants to trot out a witness she KNOWS can't really answer much of anything and wants to somehow pull a "Isn't it true that you planted that Kate James story in the press about AH?" To which he will not be able to answer it and will therefore look guilty of that act?

Does she think that the jury doesn't understand this lack of ability to respond either way?
If by "the Kate James story", you mean the part where Kate said Amber stole her sexual assault story and used it as her own, it was in fact part of a second UK witness statement of hers:

I don't know when it was released to the public or uploaded to the site, precisely; but it's not a question of AW leaking it IMO, if other people could in fact find it at any given time.

Sky News

Depp filed 'a number of lawsuits'

Johnny Depp's attorney Adam Waldman is being questioned by Amber Heard's lawyer Elaine Bredehoft.

Mr Waldman confirms he didn't meet Depp until after his relationship with Heard has finished, and for that reason he did not witness their behaviour within the relationship directly.

He confirms that Depp has filed "a number of lawsuits" since he began representing him. He is asked about Depp's termination of his former agent Tracey Jacobs, who we just heard recorded deposition from, but due to the attorney client privilege he will not give details on her termination.

The same conversation takes place with regards to Joel Mandel, who we just heard from. Again Mr Waldman is instructed by Depp's team not to answer, as it would "disclose information between Depp and Mr Waldman" while he was acting on his client's behalf.

He is instructed not to answer quite a few of Ms Bredehoft's questions, so this is a very stop/start kind of interview.

The Kathleen Zellner development has always intrigued me.
I hold her in such high regard.

From the article you linked:

“I have spent the last 30 plus years defending individuals who have been falsely accused of wrongdoing. I welcome adding Johnny Depp to that list and joining his dream team who share this view and have so effectively been advocating for him,” says Kathleen Zellner."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member