VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what that means. "swatted."
It means people sleuth you, find your address, and then phone in phony crime reports like you have a bunch of drugs or a hostage so that local LE "swat" goes to your house. It is a commonly used internet means of harassing someone you don't like or disagree with. It is highly illegal and dangerous for the victim and the responding local LE.

From Waldman it’s clear to me that he went outside of mainstream media bc he knew he was unlikely to find sympathy for JD there and initiated a social media campaign. He engaged with “internet journalists” who are highly partisan to spread the hoax theory. I’m not saying AH didn’t lie but clearly Waldman led an effective online campaign to clear JD’s name. The anti-Amber Heard vitriol online is out of control at this point. And I feel uncomfortable with this strategy. Because I can see it being easily weaponized against real victims in the future.

It means people sleuth you, find your address, and then phone in phony crime reports like you have a bunch of drugs or a hostage so that local LE "swat" goes to your house. It is a commonly used internet means of harassing someone you don't like or disagree with. It is highly illegal and dangerous for the victim and the responding local LE.
OMG....thanks. Maybe he should be suing Amber Heard.

Sky News

Claim of perjury against Amber Heard

Johnny Depp's attorney Adam Waldman is being asked about a perjury claim he made to the LA Police Department (LAPD). Mr Waldman confirms he did raise a case, and that it was against Amber Heard and her former friend Rocky Pennington, who he says "made perjurious statements" against Depp, his client.

This was in regard to an incident that is alleged to have taken place at Depp's penthouse in May 2016.

He says he cannot recall if he signed his statement to police, or has ever seen a drafted copy of the claim.

Mr Waldman's evidence is now over.

It is AH who is causing grief to real victims imo. And she needs to be held responsible so that we can focus on real victims and people who need help and support. AH should not be the face of DM/SA. MOO

I'm trying to be sensitive because I believe victims, but I personally do not believe AH is a victim of JD or DM/SA.

if officers determined DV even with an uncooperative "victim" it is policy to take the accused abuser into custody.
So... basically she has been brought on to reaffirm what was already testified to?

Hadden and Saenz were asked multiple times and answered in multiple different ways, "we did not determine/believe that this incident met the criteria for domestic violence."

So... basically she has been brought on to reaffirm what was already testified to?

Hadden and Saenz were asked multiple times and answered in multiple different ways, "we did not determine/believe that this incident met the criteria for domestic violence."

As Emily D Baker says, "Umbridge is trying to make fetch happen."

this witness has interesting info to relay but EB is so plodding in getting wherever she is trying to go with this witness ultimately. I THINK she is trying to malign the credibility of the FOUR responding officers over the course of two calls to the penthouse. That they somehow, didn't document what they should have.

If so, it is actually convincing me even more that those officers found nothing to indicate AH was assaulted that night. Shrug

this witness has interesting info to relay but EB is so plodding in getting wherever she is trying to go with this witness ultimately. I THINK she is trying to malign the credibility of the FOUR responding officers over the course of two calls to the penthouse. That they somehow, didn't document what they should have.

If so, it is actually convincing me even more that those officers found nothing to indicate AH was assaulted that night. Shrug

I agree. I think it's a high hill to climb to try to impune 4 police officers, especially when we saw two arrive ourselves and saw no damage or very little damage ourselves.

From Waldman it’s clear to me that he went outside of mainstream media bc he knew he was unlikely to find sympathy for JD there and initiated a social media campaign. He engaged with “internet journalists” who are highly partisan to spread the hoax theory. I’m not saying AH didn’t lie but clearly Waldman led an effective online campaign to clear JD’s name. The anti-Amber Heard vitriol online is out of control at this point. And I feel uncomfortable with this strategy. Because I can see it being easily weaponized against real victims in the future.
If you accuse a high profile person of SA with a liquor bottle, it's going to grab the atttention of the masses and in today's SM dominated culture, it's going to go viral. If you are lying about it, people will be outraged, and no doubt there will be incessant posts about it.

If this story of SA with a liquor bottle was true, believe me, JD woud be demolished on SM just the same.

Sky News

Domestic violence co-ordinator

We now have a new witness who is giving evidence via a recorded deposition. Maria Sadanaga is a LAPD detective and domestic violence co-ordinator.

Ms Sadanaga is being questioned by Amber Heard's lawyer, Elaine Bredehoft. Ms Sadanaga is asked about the incident report which was filled after the police were called Johnny Depp's LA apartment on 21 May 2016.

The forms require the officers to note their observations of the alleged victim, and the scene they find when they arrive. If there is any cause to suspect domestic violence has taken place, an additional domestic violence incident report is meant to be filled out, and is required by state law (if they believe domestic violence has taken place). No such report was filled out when the police visited Depp's home, and the duty officers on the scene took no photos of the scene. They recorded no crime had been committed.

All this testimony from the DV cop is further convincing me of is that team AH (her friends living and hanging and partying at the penthouse) didn't like the result of the first call to 911 and so tried to rework the scene and did a do-over.

All this testimony from the DV cop is further convincing me off is that team AH (her friends living and hanging and partying at the penthouse) didn't like the result of the first call to 911 and so tried to rework the scene and did a do-over.

Agreed completely. This witness is not doing AH any favors, at all. How EB didn't see that, is beyond me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong