VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Emily Baker online explained.

The op-ed (online and AH tweeted out) specifically said sexual abuse. So any "emotional" or "mental" abuse like name calling, yelling, destroying his own possessions, drug use, ect is completely irrelevant.

If you don't believe the Johnny Walker bottle and cavity search testimony then she has no leg to stand on.

I don't know. Personally I liked her. She probably was a bit perplexed about why she would be a witness to testify the guy threw a bottle 30 years ago.

I threw an iron at someone 30 years ago too.

My mum did that to my sister once because she came home with a pierced nose :eek: . Luckily my Mum's aim sucks :rolleyes:

Can someone explain to me about all these depositions? I always thought that if you could appear in court, you must. One thing I've noticed in our age of social media is that it's so easy to talk to a camera versus looking folks in the eye. I'm sure there is a good reason this is allowed. I need some help to better understand. Thank you!

Sky News

New witness - Eric George

We're whipping through the witnesses today! Another recorded deposition now, from attorney Eric George.

This one is brief. Mr George advised Amber Heard about her Washington Post op-ed, and tells Heard's lawyer the actress followed all his legal advice, which he says he gave in good faith.

Since EB was allowed to testify - I wonder if Jennifer, Winona, Vanessa etc can testify? Though I get the feeling JD doesn't want to drag them into this trial like that. MOO
What’s the deal with Kate Moss?
Amber managed to tell the jury (on the stair pushing slapping ) that she “thought of Kate Moss” …
Is Kate testifying?
This is starting to feel VERY unfair.
The remote recorded defense witness statements cannot be objected to or questioned in front of the jury.
Why haven’t AH witnesses traveled to Virginia? As a juror I would consider this compared to JD witnesses who were THERE.

I’m sorry but the Disney Exec lady was of no help. She coulda called it in …
And that hashtag guy that skipped high school & college…whatever, anyone can tweak a search to fit their narrative IMO.

JMO

Sky News

Psychologist note reads 'wait after fight devil'

We now have a new witness, who is giving evidence via recorded testimony.

Doctor Alan Blaustein is a psychologist and doctor, and met with Johnny Depp around 18 times.

He describes Depp's relationship with Amber Heard as "chaotic" adding, "there were lots of ups and downs". He also says there was "lots of anger, disappointment and high emotional expression".

Dr Blaustein says during his treatment in 2014 and 2015 he had concerns around Depp's use of the prescription drug Adderall. He said he wanted to know about its prescription for Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).

He says his treatment of Depp ended when Depp went to Australia to film Pirates Of The Caribbean in March 2015, and he does not know why Depp stopped coming to see him on his return to America.

He says during his treatment Depp told him about abuse he said he had suffered at a time, and had also written in his notes, "pain in the *advertiser censored*" which he believes was referring to Heard, who was Depp's fiancée at the time.

Another note Dr Blaustein made says Depp feared becoming his father, and also that he felt he needed to be a better person for his children.

The lawyer asks if Depp told him about "violence and rage in other relationships other than Amber". He says he talked about "rage and chaos, I don't remember anything about violence".

Dr Blaustein says his notes show Depp's two children, LR and J were 15 and 12 at the time of his treatment, and that he had concerns over getting child custody after the breakup of his relationship with Vanessa Paradis.

Another note in his pad reads: "Wait after fight devil". Dr Blaustein says Depp "referred to the devil as a representation to something horrible inside himself." He says he believes the devil reflected Depp's "internal struggle" against chaos, and also that he was fighting depression and addiction at the time.

I'm mortified to think that very personal, private information I gave to a counselor might be openly played in a courtroom for all the world to hear because of a divorce and controversy over money.

This seems very very wrong to me.

I'm mortified to think that very personal, private information I gave to a counselor might be openly played in a courtroom for all the world to hear because of a divorce and controversy over money.

This seems very very wrong to me.
Only thing I can think of is that JD gave his approval for the psychiatrist to testify.

Maybe they threatened to subpoena her and she figured she may as well do it willingly?
Everybody had to be subpoenaed in order to give testimony, I think, as can be seen here:

It's also been explained in connection with the failure to show on behalf of Elon Musk and James Franco, that in VA you can ignore a subpoena, apparently, without facing any ill consequences. (And yes, I did think, "Why bother filling them out in the first place then?", when this was told to me.)

As the ex-wife of a billionaire, I feel pretty sure that Ellen Barkin has access to top-drawer legal counsel, who could have advised her that she did not in fact have to show up. (Obviously I'm not saying if they didn't or if they did; just that she didn't have to go floundering around in ignorance.)

Only thing I can think of is that JD gave his approval for the psychiatrist to testify.
I am also recalling that JD refused to have any new or additional psych exam. Hence why AH's psych expert stated that she never saw or interviewed JD. So, IMO he must have acquiesced and allowed his previous doctors to testify with his personal history.

I am also recalling that JD refused to have any new or additional psych exam. Hence why AH's psych expert stated that she never saw or interviewed JD. So, IMO he must have acquiesced and allowed his previous doctors to testify with his personal history.
I’m not doubting that JD refused the psych exam for this trial. But I thought it was explained in an earlier thread that he didn’t have to. And that the only reason AH did was because she herself brought up her mental issues like PTSD (which I don’t believe) and BPD.

MOO

Sky News

Aquaman: Warner said there was a 'lack of chemistry' between leads

We now move onto another witness, Jessica Kovacevic, who is Amber Heard's former talent agent.

Ms Kovacevic says she helped Heard get the role of Mera in Aquaman. She says Heard had contracts to appear in Justice League, and subsequently the first and second Aquaman films. She describes the DC Comics movies as being enormously successful, and says last year she renegotiated Heard's contracts, which she describes as "standard".

She also mentions online rumours at the time that Heard was being replaced in her role as Mera. She confirms her salary for the role was $2m.

Ms Kovacevic says the film studio Warner Brothers cited "lack of chemistry between her and Jason [Momoa]" as a reason the role may not be carried into the second film, however Ms Kovacevic says Heard's part was eventually reinstated to her.

However, she says Heard's "career arc" has not progressed in the way she would have expected. She explains: "She was very well received in the movie at the time... To have a complete downturn after that then have that paired with negative Tweets about her... It's the only logical conclusion that I can draw [that the two things are linked]".

She says Heard lost a lead role in an Amazon Prime film following the negative tweet campaign that was waged against the actress. She is asked if she knows of any specific example of negative press put out by Depp's attorney affecting Heard's career, and she says yes, losing the Amazon movie and also an advertising campaign for shoe company Tod's.

She goes on: "No one wants someone who's been accused [of being a liar] and making things up and abusing someone, involved in their project".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd