VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
dang, I was on a phone call with clients and missed Ellen Barkin and am replaying now. So EB is here to allege that she and JD were friends with benefits in the 90s. attorney categorized it as a relationship but Barkin corrected that language quickly with the term "sexual" relationship. I saw JD with his team EMPHTICALLY shaking his head no and chuckling behind his hand at this exchange.

She is describing that JD likes red wine, cocaine, maryjane, and hallucinogenic. He was always drinking or smoking a joint. alleges JD threw a bottle "at" her while in Vegas shooting fear and loathing a fight/disagreement that was between him and his friends in the room and he threw it. It hit nobody. [that doesn't seem like he threw a bottle "at" her to me]

"Broke up" after that. She describes him as jealous, controlling and demanding. [Funny, I've heard her described that way]
She also claimed he took a lot of hallucinogenics. When asked what kind her answer was ' IDK, but he called me one time and said he was tripping.' :rolleyes:

That's what she based her opinion on that he took a lot of acid, because ONCE he called and said he was tripping?

according to imdb she is in another aquaman movie coming out next year Amber Heard - IMDb

Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom
I read that her role was drastically reduced. Oh and Aquaman Director James Wan stopped following AH on Instagram. There was also a petition circulating from 2020 that had a purported 4 million signature to drop AH from her role in Aquaman.

Last edited:
Well, she showed up; I don't know how perplexed she could have been, considering she could've just said "no".

She clearly wanted to tell this story; Elon Musk, James Franco, and (it seems) Paul Bettany have all gotten out of having to testify, and it's been said nothing will happen to any of them for ignoring subpoenas, because VA can't compel you to show up.
Which is why I said she seems bitter. Why even come and testify about such nothing burger testimony?

All she did was claim that she thought he was a jealous drunk 30 years ago. How is that relevant to this specific case?

If he had beaten her it would have been important testimony. JMO

I don't think it's a good look for the AH team to have brought in some of the depo testimonies that appear more desperate than substantial. Jurors will take note.

If I was a juror right now, I'd be very concerned that I'd have to sit through the testimony from a room full of women that had slept with JD in the last 30 years.

After hearing Ellen B's testimony, the jurors are probably thinking 'Is this all they got?'

Their client swears she was brutally raped and beaten for years, and they bring in his ex from 30 years ago, with a nothing burger anecdote?

Ellen B made a point during her testimony to clarify that indeed the bottle of wine was TOSSED..not thrown. Sky news didn't clarify that in their reporting of her testimony though.

Sky News

Depp's former girlfriend, actress Ellen Barkin, gives evidence

We now hear a recorded testimony from actress Ellen Barkin. She is being questioned by Amber Heard's lawyer, Elaine Bredehoft.

Ms Barkin has bobbed white blond hair, and is wearing slim framed glasses. She tells the court they met in around 1990, and she also appeared in a film Depp starred in, Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas.

Ms Barkin says she knew Depp for around 10 years. Initially she says she lived in New York, so they didn't see each other too often, but after she moved to Hollywood the pair had a romantic relationship and would see each other around four times a week. She describes it to the jury: "He switched the buttons... the relationship went from a purely platonic friendship to romantic". She says this was in 1994.

After a moment's pause, Ms Barkin says, actually, change that to "sexual".

She says the sexual relationship lasted around five or six months in total. She says at the time Depp's sister Christie was his assistant, as well as another man whose name she can't remember. She says "[Depp] called him pig".

Talking about Depp's use of alcohol and drugs, she says: "He was drunk most of the time," adding, "he was a red wine drinker". She also says he was often "high" on drugs, including "marijuana, cocaine, hallucinogenics". She says he did them in front of her "all of the time... He was always drinking or smoking a joint".

When asked if Depp ever acted in a way that was "out of control" she says, yes, elaborating: "He once threw a wine bottle across the hotel room while we were filming Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas". She says that was while filming in Las Vegas. She says it was during a dispute between Depp and his friends and his assistant. She says she can't remember if the bottle was empty or full and it did not hit her, or anyone else. She says she doesn't know why he threw the bottle, but it could have easily hit someone at the time.

She says when they split up she was preparing to go home and "there was a lot of crying". She says Depp didn't want her to go back to LA.

"He's just a jealous man, controlling... Who are you with? Where are you going?"

She says she once had a scratch on her back and Depp accused her of sleeping with someone else. She says it was "very common" for him to become "jealous and controlling", and that when he did he also became "angry and demanding".

The incident Johnny testified to where his dad hit him and he was unconscious was not at the direction of the mother from what I recall. The dad wanted Johnny to do something, which he didn’t do and he hit him as a result. Johnny said after the hit he immediately did what his father had wanted him to do.

Also, Johnny was buddy buddy with Amber’s dad who beat Amber and Whitney, right?

There’s no need to defend any bad facts for JD to make AH look worse. It’s obv AH has significant credibility issues.

Last edited by a moderator:
Which is why I said she seems bitter. Why even come and testify about such nothing burger testimony?

All she did was claim that she thought he was a jealous drunk 30 years ago. How is that relevant to this specific case?

If he had beaten her it would have been important testimony. JMO

I don't know who she is but I would guess either she's very good friends with AH .. or she wanted to get back in the spotlight .. she knew this would get people talking about her again? maybe? lol

IMO, JD didn't say that his father hit him at the direction of his mother on cross, but he didn't have to. He didn't elaborate because he's not trying to *convince* anyone that something happened. And would Mr. Rottenborn even allow him to continue about it? I can only speculate. He was asked and he answered - unlike AH. MOO

Ellen B made a point during her testimony to clarify that indeed the bottle of wine was TOSSED..not thrown. Sky news didn't clarify that in their reporting of her testimony though.
EB said that it switched from platonic to sexual in 1994.
She was married to Gabriel Byrne from 1988 - 1999.
Guess they were on a break?
JMO

I think she looked good actually. She's got great facial bone structure and is not all puffed up with fillers like some actresses are.
JD might have chosen this instead of taking tests with a therapist of AH's choice. AH, for some reason, chose to let Dr. Curry evaluate her than to let her own therapist talk? If so, that makes me really wonder what her real therapist would say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member