VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hasn’t he called her horrible, degrading names as well though? That seems to be a mutual thing. He’s called her the c-word, a wh**e, expressed vile things he wants to do with her body etc.
Name calling is nothing compared to the vile abuse AH heaped on JD.

Since there is no court today I wanted to review some of JD's testimony.

Its rather long.....

> Depp stated that he was suddenly wrong about everything because Heard couldn’t ever be in the wrong. This escalated into frequent arguments in which Heard would name-call and demean him. Depp describes this arguing as something he would defend himself from in the beginning but which became unbearable and took a toll on his mind. “It's not a happy day, week, month when you're constantly being told how wrong you are, what an idiot you are. Then it increased and increased and became an endless circle, so as it escalated, I went straight to what I had learned as a youth which was to remove myself from the situation so that it couldn't continue,” Depp said on the stand. Heard also started being more controlling, down to when he was ALLOWED to go to sleep.

> Uber oath, JD testified about many different incidences of AH initiating physical fights. As we know rhe most explosive altercation between Depp and Heard took place in Australia, and it cost him the tip of his finger. During an argument over a post-nuptial agreement, Depp alleges that he was sitting down at the bar in his house when Heard grabbed a vodka bottle and threw it at him. The first bottle blew past his head, so she picked up a second large vodka bottle and hurled it at him, which hit his finger and shattered everywhere. It completely severed fingertip. All of the bones in the finger had also been crushed, and he ended up in the emergency room.

> AH also regularly accused him of having a drinking problem but refused to help him with his sobriety by quitting herself. He also testified that she regularly drank two bottles of wine a night and took drugs and magic mushrooms. When Depp would have a glass of wine, Heard would allegedly call him weak, an alcoholic, and tell him that his kids aren’t proud of him.

> JD stated that Heard has a need for conflict and a need for violence that erupts out of nowhere.

> There was the the incident, where AH was striking Depp anywhere she could get a shot in. Depp testified that they then didn’t see each other for an entire month.

> Depp , in telling how Heard would use information he had confided in her or things that were important to him against him, stated, "There were several occasions where Ms. Heard would tell me what a bad father I was and that I had no idea how to parent." Depp would tell Heard how important it was to him to see his kids and spend time with him, and this would allegedly send her into a tailspin, calling him a horrible father and preventing him from seeing his children because she needed him for her own needs.

> Depp went in for detox. The doctor who was supposed to oversee his detox and administer drugs that were meant to help alleviate withdrawal symptoms at some point handed the responsibility of administering these drugs OVER TO Amber. This became a problem when Depp felt intense withdrawal symptoms coming on and asked for his medication, which Heard refused to give to him. "I believe that was about the lowest point in my life. That was the lowest I'd ever felt as a human being because I had to say ‘please, please may I have the meds, because it's really kicking in?’ and she was adamant ‘no, it's not time,’” Depp testified under oath.

> JD then began to cry and beg, but AH would not let up. This required Depp to resort to scalding hot showers to distract his brain from the withdrawal. This led to Depp leaving his island where he was detoxing and asking Heard to stay away from him for five or six days to complete his detox. This was met with accusations of abandonment, but she eventually obliged.

> JD testified that if he tried to prove his version of a story or if he tried to stay and argue with her, he was sure it would escalate into violence, and it often did. He said: "Ms. Heard, in her frustration, rage, and anger, she would strike out. It could BEGIN with a slap, it could begin with a shove, it could begin with throwing a TV remote at my head, it could begin with throwing a glass of wine in my face… it was constant.”

And there's so much more...

I was commenting on the toxic sexist attitude AH seems to openly display, which contrasts with her pearl-clutching persona she portrayed on the stand. She wants to come across as a feminist activist and yet consistently portrays behaviours I associate more with toxic masculinity. It's a stark contrast from the image she has cultivated. Only my opinion and speculation, not fact, of course.

Edited to add: I mean it's right there in that damning statement where she taunts JD to tell the world that he, a man, is a domestic victim too, and see who believes him.
Awesome post!!!!!!

I pray that Johnny will get some help and find his way…. And in the end, find redemption. I have hope.

My instinct is, he has a good heart. Yes, he has some painful issues from his childhood. All his anger and foul mouth, as well as drug and alcohol issues, are a defense mechanism to protect himself. He is self medicating to try to relieve himself of his pain.
It’s, IMO, a result of him being rejected, abandoned, neglected, abused throughout his childhood.
And, BTW, it can take a lifetime to deal / come to terms with these type of issues. I know, I’ve been there.
Wow, excellent comment!

Last edited by a moderator:
She testified in the UK trial that she remained financially independent from JD throughout their relationship. She wanted to show the courts she wanted no money from JD, that she didn't ever want or need his money. She donated all of his settlement to charity, even.

Now she's testifying that he controlled her finances and controlled her every move. That she had no resources or support network (despite her friends and sister freeloading in adjacent apartments owned by JD). Which is it?
Good one!!! Yep! Which is it?
Lol!! Just like she never played the guitar. Hahaha!!!

How Camille Vasquez got the leading role in the trial, after Depp's choice of high power lawyer Kathleen Zellner was axed by the Depp Team, due to time constraints for preparation. Zellner however is involved as an advisor.

JD is 59 years old. I'm not surprised that he might have some sexist or out of date notions about romantic relationships. But HE'S not the one claiming to be a feminist icon nor the face of domestic abuse, a champion of women's rights.

He's not earning $33,000 per speaking gig on domestic violence and women's rights.

It's sheer hypocrisy, and a gross misrepresentation of who she really is, in my opinion.
Also, the idea that the lady who had been his first and only talent agent ever, would fall into vapors at being called the b-word… has nobody ever seen ‘Entourage’? This lady is well known for being tough as nails, and doubtless verbally slugs it out with many high powered executives daily.

I mean, i get that she mentioned it, but really lady, Hollywood is not known for its delicacy. Nobody thinks it gave you the vapors. Was it nice? No.

Last edited by a moderator:
BBM. Yeah I’m realizing more and more that I’m leaning that way myself - I don’t want a “win” for either party. Though I feel sympathetic towards JD more than AH and this is mainly due to that one audio where she is mocking him. I do find her a contemptuous and angry individual. And I think she would’ve been extremely difficult/toxic to live with. I believe Dr. Curry’s diagnosis. She’s never going to change. Personality is pretty much an unchangeable thing.

He on the other hand can change if he wants to. IMO the evidence is clear that he doesn’t want to grow up. He’s got serious addiction issues that he’s in denial about. He’s got serious anger issues that he’s in denial about. He surrounds himself with enablers. He dumped that one childhood friend who seemed to genuinely care for him bc he wouldn’t enable his bs - at least that was my read of it. That’s the only genuine friend I’ve seen of his from this trial. He wants to live in some make believe world. He was 50 when they got together and he blames his childhood for his choice to continue the relationship. He downplays his drug addiction significantly. Much has been said about her inability to take responsibility for anything but he’s pretty much the same! He’s just as immature as she is. At 50 it’s his responsibility to use discernment when entering relationships and engaging with people. But his unresolved co-dependency issues and unwillingness to take responsibility for his problems brought him to this point.

JMO - so ready for this trial to end!
Couldn’t agree with you more! They are both very dysfunctional people who need help. I believe both of them were abusive. I’m not sure Johnny ever hit her, but some of the things he said to her and wrote about her were verbally abusive and degrading. We have seen his temper, her temper. I hope neither one of them win.

It's totally crazy, but Pat Brown, the notable criminal profiler (and author of "The Profiler: My Life Hunting Serial Killers and Psychopaths") has met AH. I saw it on TikTok but managed to find the original source on her own Youtube channel.

She has something very interesting to say about the case:

AH soLd the video of JD and the banging of the kitchen cabinets to TMZ, they own it!
So there MUST be a paper trail of evidence of the release to TMZ.

I‘m hoping this and other trump cards are ready to land in AH’s face At the eleventh hour.

Touché baby. It’s all about defamation.

Wow I am find that comment and quote above about Vasquez asking if JD and AH had to be in court for verdict? I assume they are anxious to get out of VA...they have no ties there. They will leave on Friday after closing. But that will certainly make verdict reading very anti climatic. I can sort of see this happening. JD will have a live stream anticipating a win and great PR. Amber will not.
It could take a while, and it's not feasible for JD and AH to wait around in VA. Say it takes a week, you know? Or two? They's already been away from their homes 6 weeks, right?

I wonder if it will come down to the stairs incident. It's the only one that has multiple witnesses. There are definite inconsistencies in the testimony. Amber even contradicts her own version of events from 2016 deposition. WH's account differs from Ambers. Travis and JD's seem pretty consistent, I think. The redbull can was thrown by whom and at whom? How can JD run up the stairs behind WH when he was already on the middle landing with Travis? That would mean she was facing away from him at to Amber, but Amber claims Whitney was inserting herself bodily to protect Amber. Where does Travis fit in who claims HE was inserting himself between Amber and JD? AH says JD was swinging to hit WH in 2022, push WH in 2016, and she struck him to prevent the attempt. WH says he struck her on her back. Also that he had AH by the hair and was punching her multiple times. I don't think even AH has claimed this, at least not in 2016. Travis says JD didn't touch AH, but that AH punched him while on the middle landing and earlier had thrown a redbull can, a purse and various items at JD including spitting at him.
There are so many versions, my head is spinning. But I'm going to doubt very seriously that with a soft cast, he hit AH in the face with his finger in that bad of a shape. The doctor would have records about how much WORSE it got after something like that. I don't believe them.

There are so many versions, my head is spinning. But I'm going to doubt very seriously that with a soft cast, he hit AH in the face with his finger in that bad of a shape. The doctor would have records about how much WORSE it got after something like that. I don't believe them.
The staircase incident can't of happened like AH and her sister said, her sister photographed the damage at the staircase and the rest of the penthouses and then made some lame excuse as to why she had never taken photos of the injuries on AH. Your sister gets physically assaulted by her partner, and you don't take one photo of it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
legalpyro74