VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s got serious addiction issues that he’s in denial about. He’s got serious anger issues that he’s in denial about. He surrounds himself with enablers. He dumped that one childhood friend who seemed to genuinely care for him bc he wouldn’t enable his bs - at least that was my read of it. That’s the only genuine friend I’ve seen of his from this trial. He wants to live in some make believe world. He was 50 when they got together and he blames his childhood for his choice to continue the relationship. He downplays his drug addiction significantly. Much has been said about her inability to take responsibility for anything but he’s pretty much the same! He’s just as immature as she is. At 50 it’s his responsibility to use discernment when entering relationships and engaging with people. But his unresolved co-dependency issues and unwillingness to take responsibility for his problems brought him to this point.
RSBM

The above, in a perfectly expressed nutshell, is at the absolute root of my feelings about Depp and why I get so frustrated when I see his chronic addiction issues being downplayed and excused. His own history of 'hedonism' has been out there in the public domain for decades, so much of it in his very own words! You cannot live that life over a long period of time without it having a very detrimental effect upon both your physical and mental wellbeing. And what he's revealed about himself, between this current trial and the earlier libel trial, is such grim testimony to that.

No amount of whataboutery regarding Heard - and some of it is very justifiable - can distract from that.

Last edited:
When was that picture of JD with the ice cream spilled on his lap taken?

It is important to know the date because in the bottom right corner of that picture, there is a theatrical bruise kit---the kind that CREATES bruises----sitting right on the table.

It would be wild if that pic was taken around the time she was seen with her bruises.
I tried to post something about this very same thing where someone enlarged the photo showing the theatrical makeup, but the admins took it down. Oh well, I hope JD’s team is aware of it and can ask about it on rebuttal.

I just finished watching the recap of AH's testimony, which was on the last day of trial prior to the big ten day break. I watched it to refresh my memory, and also to catch the Judge's instructions to the jury regarding the plans for the end of trial. As stated previously, it is planned for the jury to 'get the case' on Friday the 27th, after closing arguments and jury instructions.

In the meantime, I caught something I felt rather significant...which was when AH was 'remembering' her alleged rape with the bottle story. It was a horror to re-listen to it again as it was such an ugly story. But also my shock at the pure GASLIGHTING that she does while telling the story!

Example: After the event of the alleged rape occurred, AH stumbled to the bathroom, 'wretched", and "lost her bladder" but manged to get herself to bed, after taking " a handful...I mean a couple" sleeping pills. (Sainted Amber ).

She states in her testimony that she wakes up the next morning, stumbles around the home....describing the disaster that she said was around her....and finds Johnny in "the study".
She then goes to make him some coffee!!!!!! (Saint Amber thought that his request for Redbull was too much, and felt that coffee would 'be better' for him )

The dude just flipping "raped you" with a bottle that may or may have not been broken.....and you want to make him coffee?

Make this make sense to a jury!!!!

I don't think a hundred alpacas could make this make sense :cool::D

BAM!! AH never never wanted cameras in the courtroom in the first place, but Depp’s team won the fight to have the entirety of the trial testimony livestreamed. Meaning AH couldnt cherry-pick what information she could remember, forget or twist. And dictate what information made it out of the courtroom...
I have appreciated those of you bringing up what I do not know since so late to this trial. It helps in a much clearer picture of this trial.

Since the main reason for JD suing her is for the truth to come out no matter that his very dirty laundry is now out forever in the internet domain, makes sense he needed the trial to be witnessed live. AH, as a narcissist and BPD, does not want any negative exposed out there, where she is not in control and manipulating the narrative.

If she wins, even though in a sense is a loser, she will thrive on being interviewed. MOO.

I haven't seen any posts here downplaying JD's substance abuse. Twitter? The internet? It's wild out there people will have different opinions. JD has talked about his substance use for years, and never seemed proud of it imo.

AH tries to act like she was just trying to help her monster boyfriend/husband get sober during the relationship. Yet she is the one who included drugs on her wedding list. During her testimony she of course explains that this email she typed up was just a draft. MOO

Timestamped for ease.

I was doing some googling to try and understand the possible outcomes of this trial, specifically the sums of money at stake here. Is it correct, in the US and/or State of Virginia(?) that the jury decides the damages to be awarded in a defamation case? And that it can also decide, regardless of the outcome, to completely forgo awarding any damages and/or much reduced damages? Or is it the judge?

I know this varies from country to country so anyone who can clarify, much appreciated.

Just my experience...

Many, many years ago, I was on a federal jury where monetary damages were being determined. I don't remember all the details, but the plaintiffs had a bottom line number they were looking for (say $5 million). Once the case was turned over to the jury, we were given a list of areas to which to assign monetary compensation, for example: past medical bills, anticipated future medical bills, lost future income due to not being able to work, mental distress, spousal impact, etc. There was a list of probably 20 areas. We then had to go through and assign an amount for each line item. Part of the issue was that some things had been very specifically listed as to desired amounts, others not at all.

Not sure what jury instructions will be in this case, but I would think it might be similar. And that it would be up to the jury to assign an amount for each line item from $0 to whatever maximum limit is listed.

I have no exact idea if the jury here will just be assigning monetary damages or if they will be also rendering some type of guilty/not guilty verdicts in relation to anything?

Ime and MOO.

Was there testimony and/or evidence produced during this trial that proved Johnny Depp became a violent monster and physically and/or sexually harmed others (particularly loved ones) during periods he was intoxicated/using drugs?? Well, of course, with the exception of AH's allegations.

Just my experience...

Many, many years ago, I was on a federal jury where monetary damages were being determined. I don't remember all the details, but the plaintiffs had a bottom line number they were looking for (say $5 million). Once the case was turned over to the jury, we were given a list of areas to which to assign monetary compensation, for example: past medical bills, anticipated future medical bills, lost future income due to not being able to work, mental distress, spousal impact, etc. There was a list of probably 20 areas. We then had to go through and assign an amount for each line item. Part of the issue was that some things had been very specifically listed as to desired amounts, others not at all.

Not sure what jury instructions will be in this case, but I would think it might be similar. And that it would be up to the jury to assign an amount for each line item from $0 to whatever maximum limit is listed.

I have no exact idea if the jury here will just be assigning monetary damages or if they will be also rendering some type of guilty/not guilty verdicts in relation to anything?

Ime and MOO.

Same/similar experience here. We did the line item thing regarding monetary compensation. I was the foreperson on that jury. (I had to take off both my shoes to do all the calculating, lol!) :D

Thank you!!

This story she told was horrific - a total nightmare! And she doesn't get any medical attention? She doesn't even want to leave?! After being SA, after walking on broken glass, her feet and legs have cuts etc... she begs to stay. Also how was this not the last straw omg I'm sorry it's very difficult and triggering to talk about this sometimes.

In this recording right after the fact - where they're looking for the tip of his finger she admits to JJ that they fight, but she never mentions SA. She seems pretty comfortable talking about it - though hysterical. She apologizes. I think the only reason this audio wasn't allowed to play in court was because there are other voices, I could be wrong If I am please correct me. MOO

The whole audio of the aftermath is available here.

Edit - initials.

I would like to read the "inaccurate" transcript that they said was submitted with this tape back in 2016? It was mentioned at the end of this video

Was there testimony and/or evidence produced during this trial that proved Johnny Depp became a violent monster and physically and/or sexually harmed others (particularly loved ones) during periods he was intoxicated/using drugs?? Well, of course, with the exception of AH's allegations.

Does the tossed bottle at a wall, in a room full of people....with no argument noted, count as 'violent monster action'....from a disgruntled ex sexual relationship person ? Because if it does,....then yeah...we got testimony. :rolleyes:
;)

I would like to read the "inaccurate" transcript that they said was submitted with this tape back in 2016? It was mentioned at the end of this video
I would too. I don't know if it's available but on the description below the video there is a link to a dailymail article from the time. The article contains video and audio from the UK trial.

Does the tossed bottle at a wall, in a room full of people....with no argument noted, count as 'violent monster action'....from a disgruntled ex sexual relationship person ? Because if it does,....then yeah...we got testimony. :rolleyes:
;)
Let's not forget when he directed his anger at cabinets and poured himself a mega pint. While AH video taped him. AH probably thought the cabinet kicking was about her - you're so vain... MOO

Apparently WB has released a statement to the trial about the Aquaman 2 role, disputing what AH is claiming - basically rebutting what AH's agent testified. It had nothing to do with Waldman's statements.

Twitter thread here:

link to statement here:

WB reply to JD opposition Quash(1-12).pdf

Ms. Heard did not suffer any adverse employment action by Warner Bros. in
connection with either Aquaman or Aquaman 2 because of any of the allegedly
defamatory statements by John C. Depp, II (“Mr. Depp”) or Adam Waldman (“Mr.
Waldman”) that are alleged in her Counterclaim (the “Counterclaim Statements”).
Ms. Heard’s compensation for Aquaman or Aquaman 2 was not reduced because
of the Counterclaim Statements.

They petitioned the Fairfax court to quash having to be deposed for the case. That part was denied, but apparently they were granted a protective order from being forced to comment on it in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthseeker158