VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
everything bad thing she does she tries to explain away by some narrative that paints her as oh so holy, I am just trying to help him:rolleyes:
Yep.

This is when AH says that it's a part of getting help. But she then sends the ice cream pic to RP??

CV says ''and you weren't afraid that opiate Johnny or the monster as you called him would get upset that you sent this picture to your friend'' AH says ''of course he could get upset of course that's scary to me''. CV then says ''didn't stop you from sending this pic to your friend did it?'' and AH replies ''why would it?''. Huh?? Later claims are made that he had the passwords to her devices etc... unbelievable. MOO

According to CourtTV last night. It’s not a typical plaintiff first, defense second, and plaintiff rebuttal since she has a counter suit.

I am not 100% convinced that just because Court TV announced this order that it is true. From what I understood, since JD was first to file the claim in court, this will be treated as any other trial....regardless of her counter claim.

Closing arguments will be plaintiff (JD), then defendant (AH) and then plaintiff (JD) for rebuttal if any . I have doubts and questions as to why Court TV would say that AH gets the last word.

ETA: My bad! Was Court TV saying that AH gets the last word in the case in chief? Or in closing arguments? I am confused! LOL

Thank you, Gloomy!

Who does that??!!!! Honestly, who the heck takes a pitcure of their knodded off loved one with spilled ice cream all over their lap??

The same cruel person that recorded him retching.

While the addiction is JD's (which he owns), the photos and the recordings of a sick addict are cruel.

This just popped in my alerts

So, according to this document (as I understand it), WB was upset that team JD was insisting on a deposition because they had already provided a statement that none of the rumors/press had anything to do with casting or reducing AH role in Aquaman 2. Then they stated AH had removed that claim of loss/damages from Aquaman 2 in her countersuit? But she and her agent testified about it anyway, claiming they had to fight to be in the movie due to "bad press". How was that testimony even allowed if she supposedly removed that aspect of the claim?
It might be a good thing that AH's team testified about their blaming Depp for that loss in income. JD's team can bring in this statement by the studio, which denies that claim.

That is better than it just not being discussed at all, I think, if JD can show her agent was full of BS.

I am not 100% convinced that just because Court TV announced this order that it is true. From what I understood, since JD was first to file the claim in court, this will be treated as any other trial....regardless of her counter claim.

Closing arguments will be plaintiff (JD), then defendant (AH) and then plaintiff (JD) for rebuttal if any . I have doubts and questions as to why Court TV would say that AH gets the last word.

ETA: My bad! Was Court TV saying that AH gets the last word in the case in chief? Or in closing arguments? I am confused! LOL
Both. They were saying she will get to rebut his rebuttal and have a rebuttal closing after his rebuttal closing.

Thank you, Gloomy!

Who does that??!!!! Honestly, who the heck takes a pitcure of their knodded off loved one with spilled ice cream all over their lap??
She not only takes the picture, she then sends it to friends, with the mean caption ='look what I'm dealing with.'

She is married to a handsome, brilliant, rich super star who loves her very much but is dealing with addiction issues, which she knew about from the start---

and she takes humiliating pictures of him and sends them out , knowing they will be passed around.

I like the way Rekieta Law explains it. I might not agree with everything Nick Rekieta says but I do believe his explanation is correct. <modsnip: If you can't link it, don't discuss it>

jmo

Last edited by a moderator:
Regardless if JD wins or losses, IMHO I feel like he has already won. If I were a movie producer I would definitely want him as a lead character. His acting can literally make or break a film, his talent knows no bounds, his popularity is skyrocketing which could equal huge profits for the studio. My biggest concern would be his ability to work and finish the filming. As long as his addictions are in check and he is mentally stable, there truly is no better actor. AH on the other hand is not employable IMHO. Her acting skills are mediocre at best and I don’t think she’s that superstar good looking at all.

True, every verdict is potentially upsetting. But neither of them are charged criminally so they will not be taken into custody so no need to be present during the verdict.

I think JD will be very fragile if he loses the case and is ordered to pay AH 100 million bucks...o_O
If that happens our justice/ jury system is seriously flawed, IMO.

Rekieta Law explained it really well. The motion to strike AH's counter claim hasn't been ruled on yet because the defense hasn't yet rested. What the judge ruled on was the jury instructions, which, if the counter claim does survive the motion to strike will be included after closing arguments. JD's team wrongly tried to argue that if AW believes his statements, he can't be shown to be acting in malice, or reckless regard to the truth. The judge was saying that the whole point is the jury will need to decide if AW was acting as an agent to the principal, in order to find JD himself liable. But it also has to be established that JD knew it was false, and acted in malice. The judge seems to be, in general, trying to be fair and ruling conservatively. So even if some lawyers don't really think that AH's has met the burden of proof on all three counts, she might still decide to deny the motion to strike and allow the jury deliberate over the counter claim and consider whether AW was acting as an agent for themselves. They might still decide no, though.

Can't really find any info on whether a counter claim gets to have their own rebuttal or go last in closing. That seems unfair to me, but maybe it's common procedure? Hopefully someone familiar with Virginia law can give a definitive answer on that.

Regardless if JD wins or losses, IMHO I feel like he has already won. If I were a movie producer I would definitely want him as a lead character. His acting can literally make or break a film, his talent knows no bounds, his popularity is skyrocketing which could equal huge profits for the studio. My biggest concern would be his ability to work and finish the filming. As long as his addictions are in check and he is mentally stable, there truly is no better actor. AH on the other hand is not employable IMHO. Her acting skills are mediocre at best and I don’t think she’s that superstar good looking at all.
Agreed!

He is gonna start shooting his next film this summer. It is not a Hollywood film. It will be in French.

Johnny Depp to Star as Controversial French King Louis XV

Apologies if this link has already been posted.

Depp will be called by the defense as a witness on Monday
They must be calling him in regards to her counterclaim. But all that is based on atty-client privilege so not sure what they can get out of him. I can’t imagine his attys would advise him to waive it. I predict this will be a repeat of the Waldman testimony. They just want to ask questions and have him say he won’t answer.

Edited to add- Or can he not claim atty-client privilege? Actually I’m not sure how that would work. Waldman can claim privilege but not sure if JD can make a privilege claim.

OK so I just checked Chanley Painter’s (CourtTV) Twitter feed and it confirms AH’s rebuttal is only in regards to her counterclaim. In either case, she will have the final word in this trial!
That makes sense. So essentially, her 'final words' can only be about her counterclaim, that JD has smeared her and harassed her online, and it ended her career. and hurt her financially.

Her team will lay out their case for the counterclaim. For example, what her agent tried to convince the jury of about the hundred million she should have made in commercials and new work stemming from Aquaman. :rolleyes:

JD's team will respond, with evidence rebutting that claim. For example, from the statement released by Warner Brothers saying the online discussions had no bearing on their casting decisions for that role.

And finally, AH Team will be able to make a final statement , in response to the rebuttal. But it can only be about her claim that JD ruined her career.

CHAUDHRI: Amber Heard’s counterclaim may backfire

Heard’s counterclaim alleges that since she sought a domestic violence restraining order against Depp in May 2016, he has engaged in “an ongoing harassment and online smear campaign” to effectively end her career.

Heard alleges that Depp initiated or coordinated two change.org petitions, “one to remove Ms. Heard as an actress in the Aquaman movie franchise, and one to remove her as a spokeswoman for L’Oreal.” To support her claim for defamation damages, Heard claims she suffered “damages to her reputation, harm to her ability to work in her profession and as a spokesperson.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soababiotiling