VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found this on Virginia civil trials.
Refer to (b) Closing arguments…

Where each of the parties has the burden of proof on one or more issues, the judicial officer shall determine the order of arguments. In actions involving several parties and unusual procedures, the court, after conferring with attorneys for the parties, shall determine the order of arguments in a manner appearing just and proper.

Rule 23.04 - Opening Statements and Closing Arguments, W.Va. Trial. Ct. R. 23.04 | Casetext Search + Citator

Hopefully Johnnys team is prepared to leave a profound mark with their last word!
I think it will be pretty easy for JD's team to convince the jury that she was nowhere near to pulling in 100 million for her career at that point. So claiming that JD 'lost' her 100 million in revenue is a joke.

Especially when he was only claiming she hurt him for 50 million----and he had 20x the career that she ever did.

They must be calling him in regards to her counterclaim. But all that is based on atty-client privilege so not sure what they can get out of him. I can’t imagine his attys would advise him to waive it. I predict this will be a repeat of the Waldman testimony. They just want to ask questions and have him say he won’t answer.

Edited to add- Or can he not claim atty-client privilege? Actually I’m not sure how that would work. Waldman can claim privilege but not sure if JD can make a privilege claim.

Exactly! I expect Chew to be up for this attempt at JD, and for him to be speaking for and to JD, just like he was for Waldman. This may be their ( AH team) only attempt to get these claims admitted, but I fear it will be alot of wasted precious time. That also includes the jury's time... just saying

I think it will be pretty easy for JD's team to convince the jury that she was nowhere near to pulling in 100 million for her career at that point. So claiming that JD 'lost' her 100 million in revenue is a joke.

Especially when he was only claiming she hurt him for 50 million----and he had 20x the career that she ever did.
Yeah. As far as the money that is attached to each claim, I think Depp showed how he got close to the $50mil figure with several witnesses…but I haven’t seen the same from Heard for her $100mil figure, kind of like she just doubled his amount without any justification.

"Depp will follow an anatomy expert and an IPV expert."
What is an IPV expert?

Team Depp will be allowed to cross Depp after the defense questions him, right?

Intimate Partner Violence - I think! If someone else has the correct answer please let us know.

Edit - I think it means they will be recalling Dr. Dawn Hughes. MOO

Last edited:
Exactly! I expect Chew to be up for this attempt at JD, and for him to be speaking for and to JD, just like he was for Waldman. This may be their ( AH team) only attempt to get these claims admitted, but I fear it will be alot of wasted precious time. That also includes the jury's time... just saying
Waldman prob did it like this on purpose so that JD can hide behind the atty-client priv. Which he wouldn’t be able to do with a publicist. It’s obv that Waldman mapped out a legal and media attack strategy that has been quite effective and to a certain extent vitriolic. Obv JD wasn’t joking when he said he would destroy her or whatever in those texts. Very calculating that Waldman. But she fired the first shot so….

The anatomy expert is interesting. They must be doing this as Depp’s team mentioned a forensic pathologist in their opening.
My first thought is that this anatomy expert is going to testify that there's no need to seek medical attention after the violent bottle incident, nor for feet that are cut up with glass shards.

Last edited:
My first thought is that this anatomy expert is going to testify that there's no need to seek medical attention after the violent bottle incident, nor for feet that are cut up with glass shards.
I would think the right expert for that would be a doctor…but they wouldn’t have found a doctor to testify to that. It is ridiculous she made these claims without seeking any medical attention Imo.

ETA: this anatomy expert may be about what Heard tried to say and Vasquez shut her down on cross…something about her nose. Vasquez said something about a qualified doctor or something.

Last edited:
Agreed! You may be right, and he would be and expert but it's a flimsy argument imo.

AH deciding she doesn't need medical attention for broken noses, broken ribs, SA etc is curious. She wasn't a medical Dr at the time to come to that conclusion and, was she not in physical pain ever? No headaches or body aches? I know not everyone can have access to medical care but imo she definitely did. Did RP, iO or her sister ever try to take her to a Dr? Just to make sure she is ok? I just refuse to believe that she didn't try to take care of her appearance. Her face and body was how she made money. MOO.

Also, the idea that the lady who had been his first and only talent agent ever, would fall into vapors at being called the b-word… has nobody ever seen ‘Entourage’? This lady is well known for being tough as nails, and doubtless verbally slugs it out with many high powered executives daily.

I mean, i get that she mentioned it, but really lady, Hollywood is not known for its delicacy. Nobody thinks it gave you the vapors. Was it nice? No.

Good-looking family... she will make partner by the end of the year, IMO, at the late

I swear he’s lucky to be alive.

View attachment 345238
Not uncommon for victims of withdrawal to have cardiac arrest. It's for this reason that people are usually supervised and weaned slowly. Pregnant women withdrawing can cause fetal demise. Not sure about today but pregnant women where I trained (once called Boston City Hospital, now called Boston Medical) were given meds to prevent withdrawal then detoxed after birth. Unfortunately, so were their babies.

It's totally crazy, but Pat Brown, the notable criminal profiler (and author of "The Profiler: My Life Hunting Serial Killers and Psychopaths") has met AH. I saw it on TikTok but managed to find the original source on her own Youtube channel.

She has something very interesting to say about the case:

Wow, wow, wow!!! JD's team needs her.

I would think the right expert for that would be a doctor…but they wouldn’t have found a doctor to testify to that. It is ridiculous she made these claims without seeking any medical attention Imo.

ETA: this anatomy expert may be about what Heard tried to say and Vasquez shut her down on cross…something about her nose. Vasquez said something about a qualified doctor or something.
Oh yeah I remember - when AH said she has significant amount of scar tissue. It could be argued that it's due to her drug usage. MOO

Timestamped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members