VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you saying celebrities can't be victims of DV, because they have money and aren't trapped?

I get Amber was probably the aggressor in this situation, which then begs the question - Why didn't Depp leave sooner?

I'm sure you're aware that it's a lot more deep rooted than being able to just walk out of the door.

Rihanna and Whitney H, are just two that come to mind, and I'm sure there are others.
Whitney was trapped by her drug addiction, IMO. That is why she couldn't leave that relationship, IMO.

Rihanna finally did speak out and admit she was being abused. She and Chris Brown were my daughters favourite performers. I remember the night Rihanna was beaten by him before the Grammys. We were both shocked but not really surprised. Rihanna did speak up about it though. And I don't think she has picked abusive partners since that time.

I know it's complicated. And as I said, if he had slapped her in anger, or vice versa, I totally understand why someone deeply in love or someone in a co-dependent relationship might stay, in spite of the altercations.

But if it is true, that he assaulted her with a whiskey bottle, then it makes no sense to me that she slept there that night and made him coffee the next morning. She had plenty of places to escape to and plenty of friends and family to help her if she was truly afraid for her life, as she claims. JMO

And Yes, I guess I do believe that people with money are 'less trapped' by DV situation than someone with no means to escape. I know it is complicated by their emotional morass, but they do have more options than a poverty stricken young mother might have. JMO
I mean I think this argument can go both ways. Why didn’t JD leave since he’s claiming to be the DV victim here? He has money and resources certainly. And friends.

Having said that, I agree that AH was not afraid of him whatever happened in that relationship (and I tend to disbelieve her esp her SA claims) but it seems neither was he. If the jury concludes they were mutually abusive, then JD loses. Let’s not forget the couple’s counselor who said it was mutual abuse, including physical.

I know it's complicated. And as I said, if he had slapped her in anger, or vice versa, I totally understand why someone deeply in love or someone in a co-dependent relationship might stay, in spite of the altercations.

But if it is true, that he assaulted her with a whiskey bottle, then it makes no sense to me that she slept there that night and made him coffee the next morning. She had plenty of places to escape to and plenty of friends and family to help her if she was truly afraid for her life, as she claims. JMO

And Yes, I guess I do believe that people with money are 'less trapped' by DV situation than someone with no means to escape. I know it is complicated by their emotional morass, but they do have more options than a poverty stricken young mother might have. JMO
OMG! Excellent comment!

I have spent the day rewatching 9 hours of testimony. Ok...maybe 8 hours...lol!

Here I am yelling out "objection! hear say."
And then hollering "ojection! beyond the scope!"

Lol!!! My husband couldn't figure out what I was doing in the office, he came in and found me with my earplugs in hollering out loud. Oh well at least he wasn't in the line of fire.

Any who, my point? After I finished with all these hours, I headed straight for a captain and morgan. My brain is fried!!!

After all these hours I accomplished nothing more than what I already knew.... that Amber is a whack job.

Its that plain and simple...

Now tomorrow begins more...

I don't need more. JD should be exonerated. AH should be held accountable. Done!

Now I think I'll pour another captain morgan!

I mean I think this argument can go both ways. Why didn’t JD leave since he’s claiming to be the DV victim here? He has money and resources certainly. And friends.

Having said that, I agree that AH was not afraid of him whatever happened in that relationship (and I tend to disbelieve her esp her SA claims) but it seems neither was he. If the jury concludes they were mutually abusive, then JD loses. Let’s not forget the couple’s counselor who said it was mutual abuse, including physical.
I think there is a big difference between the allegations he made and the allegations she made.

He never said he was afraid for his life and he was amazed he made it out alive. He never accused her of intense violence that compared to her description of the bottle incident that went on for 3 days and she claimed to be a hostage.

His abuse was more of her emotionally and verbally bullying him and then chasing and hitting him or throwing things if he tried to escape. I'm not saying that he shouldn't have left---I wish he would have.

But I can understand why he didn't have the same urgency to escape because he was never sexually assaulted in the way she allegedly was.

I think it is much harder to understand why she stayed with him after that alleged brutal sexual assault. That was in 2015. How can you stay with a man that would assault you with a liquor bottle?

I can understand overlooking or forgiving someone who slapped or shoved you, maybe even hit you. But how could you overlook a brutal sexual assault and just continue the relationship. Which makes me doubt it ever happened. JMO

Howell Reveals Whitney Was Abused By Heard Her Entire Life​

Jennifer also claimed that Whitney was concerned that Heard would kill Depp. Amber’s sister also allegedly told Howell that she was extremely violent and her sister had abused her.

Howell continued that Whitney moved in with her because she was terrified of Heard. Allegedly Whitney also told Howell that Depp always used to check in on her and called her “sis”.

Jennifer further revealed how Whitney had claimed that she suffered “physical and psychological” abuse at the hands of Heard. She also allegedly told Howell how Heard attacked her and threw a glass of wine at her. Howell’s declaration also mentioned the fight in Australia as told by Whitney to her

After listening to the bathroom "thing" for the umpteenth time, explain to me how AH was baricading herself with the bathroom door so Johnny couldn't get to her...???!

Hellooo the door to the bathroom goes "in" not out. JD was "in" the bathroom.

This isn't rocket science...

Apologies if this has already been asked and answered…. but, Is it known how all these audios that AH took got into the trial? I guess I’m a little surprised she would have kept them at all much less turn them over as evidence, most of which seems, IMO, to reveal her as the aggressor.
When I was listening to some of the audios that AH chose, which are supposed to show how rotten he is and how cool she is, I had similar questions. Does she feel like these show her in a good light? It kind of reminded me of the tape Leticia Stauch played, in order to show what an understanding stepmother she was...:eek:

After listening to the bathroom "thing" for the umpteenth time, explain to me how AH was baricading herself with the bathroom door so Johnny couldn't get to her...???!

Hellooo the door to the bathroom goes "in" not out. JD was "in" the bathroom.

This isn't rocket science...
YES---That is one of the most confusing inconsistencies in their 2 stories.

He said he went into the bathroom to escape her. And she kept knocking and trying to get in.

And IIRC, she says the opposite.

When I was listening to some of the audios that AH chose, which are supposed to show how rotten he is and how cool she is, I had similar questions. Does she feel like these show her in a good light? It kind of reminded me of the tape Leticia Stauch played, in order to show what an understanding stepmother she was...:eek:
The more I listened, the more I thought "you've got to be kidding me!!" AH should have either NEVER tapped the audios or at the very least dumped them.

Your parallel with Stauch was right on. Their level of thinking that these tapes are helping, is astronomical crazziness!

Last edited:
YES---That is one of the most confusing inconsistencies in their 2 stories.

He said he went into the bathroom to escape her. And she kept knocking and trying to get in.

And IIRC, she says the opposite.
Yes...

She hunted him down. Bang bang bang on the door. She wanted him to come out and fight with her.

She used the excused her toes were hurt. When he bent down, which she knew he would, she kicked the door "in."

Yes! Kicked the door in. She meant to clock his head, and she did.

There was no trying to protect herself from him. She hunted him down
She stalked him to each bathroom to each bedroom...

Now, let's discuss the picture taken by Ben King.

Ha! That picture was after the night of the "assault."

She said the bottles were beside him the next morning.

Here we see them neatly sitting on a table, and alcohol still inside. That's why she was confused... when she saw the picture.

They went to the next picture and she realized what she was "supposed" to be seeing in the first and backpedaled.

There’s been reports of Jenifer Howell‘s property being broken into, there’s twitter reports and photos of the damage and a photo (apparently) of the perp. It’s pointing the finger to certain people intimidating witnesses.

I‘m just not sure if I can post the further info.

Amber Heard to Call Johnny Depp to Testify in Her Case Monday​

“I want to say that a lot of people weren’t sure if that’s possible,” said Katherine Lizardo, a plaintiff’s attorney from Texas and frequent analyst for the Law&Crime Network. “It’s actually possible because in Virginia, and actually in federal court, in a lot of states, a party can call an adverse witness to their case in chief. An adverse witness is basically your opposing party.”

Lizardo believes calling Depp to the stand is a risky move because she didn’t feel Heard’s lawyer, Ben Rottenborn, was able to control Depp during cross examination. Depp is unlikely to waive attorney-client privilege.

Lizardo called attorney-client privilege sacred and said Waldman cannot break the privilege. Only Johnny Depp may do so.

This is a media interview for Aquaman that AH did. Basically the actors have to do a press junket and often do interviews back to back with various news/media outlets in one sitting.

I think it gives us a clue as to why there hadn't been a lot of enthusiasm by WB to renew her contract for Aquaman 2. Aside from the less than flattering reviews of her performance and chemistry issues.

Here is an interview with GQ Australia to further illustrate my point:

I have an issue with AH trying to portray herself on the witness stand as this prim, impressionable, sober young actress (who only wanted to save JD from drug abuse) when it's pretty clear from all the audio tapes, testimony and other SM gossip that she actually drinks heavily herself and regularly partakes in heavy drugs (usually coke or MDMA). She'd been in the Hollywood circuit since she was 17, you can find her on Getty images, attending all the big premieres and other charity events, celebrity parties etc since 2007. By the time she'd met JD, she'd been in several movies and had her own modelling gigs.

I really dislike how she completely changed her image, in order to fool the jury, rather than just owning up to the fact that she was an ambitious woman who loved to party hard. I guess she had to play the innocent role to make JD seem that much more predatory and out of control?

When I saw her 3 day performance on the stand, I was immediately reminded of this, from the musical Chicago:

Sadly, it would appear that much of the mainstream press has fallen for her 'razzle dazzle'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23