VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sky News

Was Depp's finger cut off by a vodka bottle?

Doctor Richard Moore is now being questioned by Johnny Depp's lawyer, Camille Vasquez.

Ms Vasquez says in Depp's witness statement he writes that at the time of the injury, his finger was curled around the bar, and so not laying flat as the doctor earlier stated. Dr Moore says that could be so, and he could have misrepresented that fact.

Ms Vasquez also says that Depp has made clear the bottle hit his hand at an angle, and so did not hit his finger directly from above, as has also been claimed.

She asks whether Dr Moore was there when the accident took place, and he agrees he was not. She says therefore "you cannot rule out that the injury was caused by a vodka bottle?" He says he cannot, however he says he can rule out that it occurred in the way described in Depp's testimony. Ms Vasquez also asks him if he can rule out that the injury was caused by a knife, and he says although he thinks it is unlikely, he cannot rule it out.

Dr Moore is asked to look over his written testimony, which was given under oath. In it he writes "I cannot rule anything out completely... I can't rule out that the injury was caused by a car door... I can't definitively say what caused the injury".

He is asked whether he used any reconstructions or computer reconstructions in his assessments, and he says he did not.

Which is exactly what some of the jurors will be thinking IMO.
I suspect some of those jurors are thinking the same thing many others are, that this doctor never examined JD's finger, never treated JD, and by his own words, cannot rule out it happening from a thrown vodka bottle. It's his opinion that the probability is inconsistant but at the same time, he wasn't there so... it's still just an opinion. With a big fat price tag, by the way.

the party atmosphere at JD's table really is getting to be way too much. I am wondering how it plays with the jury that is right there. Constantly laughing/smiling and seemingly joking at the table....Vasquez cozying up to him...I just don't know. They feel this case is in the bag for their client but seems like the trial is not over yet. CV has really gotten empowered by media reports. Just observations.

I saw a photo of the finger before, but now that I look at it more closely, yuck, it is different than I originally though. I was having trouble picturing a glass bottle doing that, but now I think I can see it. We have to remember, too, that there was a lot going on when this happened, he may not be able to pinpoint exactly how it happened, just that the bottle did it. And it was a thick, heavy glass bottle, not a think wine glass. It would have had some decent propulsion if she threw it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken