VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just catching up, I thought Dr Richard Moore's testimony was very significant. Particularly when put alongside David Kipper's account and Depp's own words that he sliced his finger tip off with a knife.

I found CV's questioning of him highly unprofessional, disrespectful and insulting - bringing up his fee and trying to imply that it was that, rather than his professional opinion as an orthopedic doc with decades of experience, that drove his evidence.

The tactics employed in this trial are so disturbing.

Just catching up, I thought Dr Richard Moore's testimony was very significant. Particularly when put alongside David Kipper's account and Depp's own words that he sliced his finger tip off with a knife.

I found CV's questioning of him highly unprofessional, disrespectful and insulting - bringing up his fee and trying to imply that it was that, rather than his professional opinion as an orthopedic doc with decades of experience, that drove his evidence.

These tactics are standard. It is normal to attempt to discredit experts by either attacking their qualifications or implying they are a "paid gun" or "professional witness" which juries tend to be less trustful of. It's literally normal in trial. I believe Dr. Moore is highly qualified in his field. I do not, however believe his opinion on Depp's injury.

His testimony may have been significant if he had actually examined JD.

I have no problem with any of the expert witnesses being asked about fees charged in exchange of testimony for either the prosecution or the defense. We know that no expert witness is testifying out of the goodness of their heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member