VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at the IMDB of Gal Gidot and compare it to AH's IMDB:

GG did the Fast and Furious films early in her career. She did a group of Wonder Woman films and was in Batman.

How does that compare with AH's career?
I’d just like to quote to our witness, Chris Pine’s own words about turning his nose up at the chance to audition for her costar, multiple times (he eventually took the role):

“Well, they don’t call it ‘Wonder Man’!”

If we were talking about some project named ‘Aquawoman’ in her past, then I might give them a point.

Last edited:
This is all extremely relevant to her counterclaim. I mean, there’s no question she’s getting a ton of negative press. And that would impact her job prospects. The issue is can they tie it to what Waldman said and did. If the jury believes she’s a liar etc then this is all moot.
It is relevant and I agree with you, but it bothers me that the projections are based on the "trajectories" of others. All of these are based on customary changes/increases for others but not everyone follows those trajectories. So even if the jury doesn't believe she is a liar, this testimony needs a serious cross because faulty assumptions invalidate most of these projections. In the entertainment business there will be Marlon Brandos (live ones) and there will be Snookis with quickly fading stars. JMO.

The witness on the stand is the one who said JM was adamant that AH be in the movie.
That was the first I'd ever heard of it, and the media articles all seem to imply the opposite.
Have you seen the change.org petition to remove AH from Aquaman? They have over 4 million signatures so far.

Sky News

'Heard's loss of earnings since negative campaign could be as high as $50m'

Entertainment industry expert Katheryn Arnold, who is being questioned by Amber Heard's team, is telling the court about "comparable actors" to Heard, who she says she can use to measure Heard's career and its trajectory.

She says she chose actors who had played superhero characters in their break out roles, were good looking, were a similar age, could do stunts and had good acting skills. She says she considered these five actors:

Jason Momoa
Gal Gadot
Ana de Armas
Zendaya
Chris Pine

Ms Arnold says all of them were on an "upward trajectory" and "it would be very reasonable to think [Heard's] career would have been on [a similar] upward trajectory, with a year of so".

She lists all of the above actors and says they have all worked with numerous big brands since their initial success. However, she says Heard hasn't even managed to keep working for her one big brand - cosmetic company L'Oréal (who have paused her appearance in their campaigns).

Discussing losses, Ms Arnold says she thinks Heard made around a $2m loss from Aquaman, due to not being to negotiate a higher free for the second film.

As to TV, she says "there's an exponential range where she could have done", and uses Momoa again as an example of an actor who has achieved massive TV success since his break out role.

For loss of endorsement contracts, she says she thinks Heard's looking at losses of "as much as $8m over time".

With production and film activities, Ms Arnold says she thinks "over the course of five years it's reasonable to think [Heard] would have been in one film per year for a minimum of $4m per film [her negotiated fee should she appear in an Aquaman 3 film], and so she would have lost at least $20m in earnings."

Ms Arnold concludes that Heard's combined loss of earnings across film, TV and endorsement is between $45 and $50m since the negative statements from Depp and his attorney Adam Waldman were first made, following Heard's split from Depp.

The problem is it’s hard to prove that the social media campaign was led by Waldman. I do think he played a hand in it. And I’m also skeptical of what has perpetuated all this negativity against her. I find it hard to believe it’s spontaneous. Either way, again, her testimony was damaging to her credibility so it’s hard to say she was defamed.

The witness on the stand is the one who said JM was adamant that AH be in the movie.
That was the first I'd ever heard of it, and the media articles all seem to imply the opposite.

One of JD rebuttal witnesses is the president of the DC franchise so I guess we will find out the truth of it soon enough.
I would agree with you though from things I've seen on the outside MOO

One of JD rebuttal witnesses is the president of the DC franchise so I guess we will find out the truth of it soon enough.
I would agree with you though from things I've seen on the outside MOO
One of JD's witnesses being the president of the DC franchise... that AH was a part of (briefly, thankfully), sure says a lot, doesn't it?
I mean, one must wonder, why this person isn't testifying for AH, eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam