VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
An excellent reminder of why we are now here! Thank you! :)
This weird mouthing off to the lawyers asking the question, is mind boggling to me. I'm pretty sure I've never seen such conduct before.

Forest fire analogies? What?!
I’m actually shocked how feisty/snarky some of these witnesses are allowed to be :rolleyes:

ETA … interestingly they sound very similar to AH when she gets snippy on the stand

Q:By your perspective, anything that happened after Waldman is the cause...

A: I was asked to look at that specifically, so that is what I did

Q: so let's look at Momoa, and in your conclusion they are comparable...He was on Baywatch, In Fast and Furious, Game of Thrones. and he is the title character in Aquaman, and was in the Marvel series before hand, both Justice league films, and was in 2nd LegoLnad film. Was in recent Dune blockbuster...

A : I dont have his resume memorised...I don't follow his fanbase..

Q: You used him as a comparable but you didnt look at his fanbase?

A source close to Heard’s team said, “Calling Depp back to the stand would be as relevant to us as a bicycle to a fish. Everything Depp has testified up to this point has been irrelevant to the heart of this case, and there’s no reason to believe it would be any different now.”
To the "source close to the case" I (we) beg to differ, his testimony is NOT irrelevant, it is powerful!

> Depp stated that he was suddenly wrong about everything because Heard couldn’t ever be in the wrong. This escalated into frequent arguments in which Heard would name-call and demean him. Depp describes this arguing as something he would defend himself from in the beginning but which became unbearable and took a toll on his mind. “It's not a happy day, week, month when you're constantly being told how wrong you are, what an idiot you are. Then it increased and increased and became an endless circle, so as it escalated, I went straight to what I had learned as a youth which was to remove myself from the situation so that it couldn't continue,” Depp said on the stand. Heard also started being more controlling, down to when he was ALLOWED to go to sleep.

> Uber oath, JD testified about many different incidences of AH initiating physical fights. As we know rhe most explosive altercation between Depp and Heard took place in Australia, and it cost him the tip of his finger. During an argument over a post-nuptial agreement, Depp alleges that he was sitting down at the bar in his house when Heard grabbed a vodka bottle and threw it at him. The first bottle blew past his head, so she picked up a second large vodka bottle and hurled it at him, which hit his finger and shattered everywhere. It completely severed fingertip. All of the bones in the finger had also been crushed, and he ended up in the emergency room.

> AH also regularly accused him of having a drinking problem but refused to help him with his sobriety by quitting herself. He also testified that she regularly drank two bottles of wine a night and took drugs and magic mushrooms. When Depp would have a glass of wine, Heard would allegedly call him weak, an alcoholic, and tell him that his kids aren’t proud of him.

> JD stated that Heard has a need for conflict and a need for violence that erupts out of nowhere.

> There was the the incident, where AH was striking Depp anywhere she could get a shot in. Depp testified that they then didn’t see each other for an entire month.

> Depp , in telling how Heard would use information he had confided in her or things that were important to him against him, stated, "There were several occasions where Ms. Heard would tell me what a bad father I was and that I had no idea how to parent." Depp would tell Heard how important it was to him to see his kids and spend time with him, and this would allegedly send her into a tailspin, calling him a horrible father and preventing him from seeing his children because she needed him for her own needs.

> Depp went in for detox. The doctor who was supposed to oversee his detox and administer drugs that were meant to help alleviate withdrawal symptoms at some point handed the responsibility of administering these drugs OVER TO Amber. This became a problem when Depp felt intense withdrawal symptoms coming on and asked for his medication, which Heard refused to give to him. "I believe that was about the lowest point in my life. That was the lowest I'd ever felt as a human being because I had to say ‘please, please may I have the meds, because it's really kicking in?’ and she was adamant ‘no, it's not time,’” Depp testified under oath.

> JD then began to cry and beg, but AH would not let up. This required Depp to resort to scalding hot showers to distract his brain from the withdrawal. This led to Depp leaving his island where he was detoxing and asking Heard to stay away from him for five or six days to complete his detox. This was met with accusations of abandonment, but she eventually obliged.

> JD testified that if he tried to prove his version of a story or if he tried to stay and argue with her, he was sure it would escalate into violence, and it often did. He said: "Ms. Heard, in her frustration, rage, and anger, she would strike out. It could BEGIN with a slap, it could begin with a shove, it could begin with throwing a TV remote at my head, it could begin with throwing a glass of wine in my face… it was constant.”

And there's so much more...

I honestly can't believe they're trying to blame people for having opinions online and that it's Waldman's fault? Who even is Waldman??? I mean I know who he is now because of this trial. But if you're into film, it's clear AH has never been known for her great acting skills. Even for The Rum Diary she had to audition like five times because the director wasn't sure she was right for the part. It's around that time she met JD. AH's acting has always been an issue and why people online and elsewhere talk about it. MOO

Sky News

'Depp bears no responsibility for the negative social media campaigns'

Entertainment industry expert Kathryn Arnold, who is a witness expert for Amber Heard's team, is now being cross examined by Johnny Depp's team.

Depp's lawyer begins by looking at Ms Arnold's analysis of Heard's purported loss of earnings and asks if she's aware that the examples she gave were following the statements put out by Depp's attorney Adam Waldman and Depp. He says she needs to prove a direct link - or "causal connection" - to the damages Heard purportedly suffered. He says she does not do that, simply signals a link with regards to timing.

He then says if Waldman's statements were true, that would prove they're "not defamatory".

Depp's lawyer goes on: "Mr Depp bears no responsibility for the social media campaigns", and if negative online campaigns affected Heard's earning potential, that is not down to Depp.

So basically this witnesses testimony will be that JD lost nothing as a result of the op-ed and AH's incredible allegations but that conversely, AH has lost lots due to JD through attorney Waldman and his passing information to the press during the UK trial.

Got it. Think I will take a break. I don't really need to be here to hear what I already know this chick will testify to.
You called it… so far she’s like that faultless lady herself; and you also got to skip 90 minutes of stultifying paid testimony along the way…

She actually tried to sell us that nobody in Hollywood even noticed Amber’s op-Ed, which; lol.

That’s of course why the Wall Street Journal paid her; because she was an actress that nobody in Hollywood would care about if she wrote an editorial.

Also, the entirety of Hollywood was on the edge calling his agent after he showed up blitzed at a 2014 awards show; but, again, when his ex writes an editorial that is so plainly about him in… 2018?… all of a sudden nobody cares.

Wait. I thought "per se" meant they didn't have to prove damages? Or does the jury have to find that the damaes are "per se?"

Q: Gal Gidot... She was the TITLE character as Wonder Woman, correct? And was in the Fast and Furious films...

A: I guess, yes...

Q: You also compared her to Zendaya? A star with one name, been on Disney channel since age 13, won an Emmy,

A: yes...

Q: been in multiple films, and is 10 years younger..

A: There aren't that many I can compare to, this seems close, 10 years , just a refernce point...simple as that

Q:So far every reference point has been in many more blockbusters the AH was...

A: But Amber was in the biggest one...

Q: You used the term Meteoric rise....

A: I didn't use that ...I meant just standard and typical

[she is lying---she did say that Amber was on the precipice of a meteoritic rise]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23