VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is it’s hard to prove that the social media campaign was led by Waldman. I do think he played a hand in it. And I’m also skeptical of what has perpetuated all this negativity against her. I find it hard to believe it’s spontaneous. Either way, again, her testimony was damaging to her credibility so it’s hard to say she was defamed.
BBM This is extremely true.

However, those sick and twisted audios of AH verbally abusing, harassing, labeling, insulting, scolding, rebuking, excessive yelling at JD was the most damaging to AH.

Focus Denison. Keep it short and cute. These civil lawyers are not as good as criminal lawyers. Incisiveness is key in making your points stick on cross. This cross needs to end now. He keeps going round and round.
Agree, Denison sounds like he is out of his league with this shark of a witness. I don't like her one bit, but the jury may think she is winning this match with JP's lawyer.

I don't like this witness at all, but she seems to be taking JD's lawyer along on Mr. Magoo's crazy ride. I hope the jury dismisses her testimony.
Denison did the same thing with Dr. Siegel who came completely off the rails during cross. His technique works, but maybe it's not as easy to rattle the current witness. JMO.

Sky News

'Are you aware Ana de Armas was just a gigantic naked billboard?'

Johnny Depp's lawyer is cross-examining entertainment industry expert Kathryn Arnold, who is an expert witness expert for Amber Heard's team.

Earlier, she told the court about a selection of other actors she said had comparable careers to Heard's, but whose careers were now thriving while Heard's was stagnating.

However, Depp's lawyer questions whether some of those actors are truly comparable, saying Jason Momoa had starred in TV show Baywatch for years, as well as a massively successful show like Game Of Thrones, and was of course the title character in Aquaman. He says that is not comparable with Heard.

He also says Gal Gadot plays the lead character of her Wonder Woman films, and so again was not comparable with Heard.

Depp's lawyer says actress Zendaya has been on the Disney channel since 13, in the hit film The Greatest Showman and he notes that she is "10 years younger than [Heard]".

He asks if she was aware that Ana de Armas's only role in the Blade Runner movie, which Ms Arnold cited as de Armas's break out film, was as: "A gigantic naked billboard". Ms Arnold says she was not aware of that.

He also lists the numerous actors who have played Batman in the past, and says "just because you have played a superhero in one or two movies, doesn't mean you always be cast in that role."

Denison did the same thing with Dr. Siegel who came completely off the rails during cross. His technique works, IMO.
I believe, purely MOO and speculation, that he is questioning the foundations of her analysis and comps to set up for other witnesses who can show that the foundations are weak.

I do think this witness is doing better than Denison.
Yeah she’s holding her own. Denison started out well and he’s now slowly losing the plot. Going over the same things. He’s not going to get her to say “you’re right there’s no basis for a counterclaim.” She’s arguing her analysis effectively. All he needs to do is make the point she can’t connect Waldman statements to AH’s decline and social media negativity. That’s the main point. The comps she used are also arguable but he can make that point much more incisively.

Q: Gal Gidot... She was the TITLE character as Wonder Woman, correct? And was in the Fast and Furious films...

A: I guess, yes...

Q: You also compared her to Zendaya? A star with one name, been on Disney channel since age 13, won an Emmy,

A: yes...

Q: been in multiple films, and is 10 years younger..

A: There aren't that many I can compare to, this seems close, 10 years , just a refernce point...simple as that

Q:So far every reference point has been in many more blockbusters the AH was...

A: But Amber was in the biggest one...

Q: You used the term Meteoric rise....

A: I didn't use that ...I meant just standard and typical

[she is lying---she did say that Amber was on the precipice of a meteoritic rise]

I'm behind and I have literally just heard her say it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eleanor D.