VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sky News

'I met Amber for the first time at lunch today'

Questioning expert witness Kathryn Arnold, Johnny Depp's lawyer asks if she thinks: "A portion of the reason that Mr Depp has received a variety of negative comments in Hollywood is that he engages in lawsuits."

She agrees.

He asks: "When was the last time you met Ms Heard?"

Ms Arnold says she met her for the first time at lunch today.

Depp's lawyer asks how much she has been paid for her involvement in the case and she says: "$650 per hour." She says she has been working on case for about three years, "and over that time has earned around $60,000."

That is the end of the cross examination.

Sky News

'Poop and defecation'

Amber Heard's lawyer briefly re-questions expert witness Kathryn Arnold.

The lawyer reminds the court that between April 2020 and January 2021 Heard received 1.2m negative comments on social media (this was told to the court in evidence given to the court on Thursday by Twitter expert Ron Schnell).

She asks if Ms Arnold's estimated damage to Heard of up to $50m was based on the top limits of what she could have earned, and she says no she was always "grounded" and based her estimates on previously negotiated fees for her previously roles.

In her review of negative media campaigns against Heard, Ms Arnold is asked how many used the words "poop or defecation". Ms Arnold says she believes the word "poop" was used in some of the negative statements.

This refers to an accusation that someone defecated in Johnny Depp and Heard's marital bed on the night after the couple argued on her 30th birthday.

The questioning of the witness has now finished.

Sky News

Will Depp be called as a witness for Heard's team?

Earlier today we were told it was likely Johnny Depp would be called as a witness for Amber Heard's team today. However, by mid-way through today's session we discovered he was not going to be called.

Depp's lawyers just asked whether he would be called later this week, and the court has been told "it will be decided in the morning".

So, it's possible we'll have Depp back in the witness box once more - but not confirmed.

Yeah, the last witness was trying to make a big deal about AH being on the Aquaman posters, but Dennison pointed out that there were 4 versions of the poster, and AH was on just one, and JM was on all 4. She was like, "Yeah, he's Aquaman," but AH was prominent on the romantic poster. SMH. What kind of logic is that?

Sky News

Will Depp be called as a witness for Heard's team?

Earlier today we were told it was likely Johnny Depp would be called as a witness for Amber Heard's team today. However, by mid-way through today's session we discovered he was not going to be called.

Depp's lawyers just asked whether he would be called later this week, and the court has been told "it will be decided in the morning".

So, it's possible we'll have Depp back in the witness box once more - but not confirmed.
Replying to my own post.

Not sure why Law and Crime are saying he won't be testifying. I heard the same thing Sky did.

Sky News

'Poop and defecation'

Amber Heard's lawyer briefly re-questions expert witness Kathryn Arnold.

The lawyer reminds the court that between April 2020 and January 2021 Heard received 1.2m negative comments on social media (this was told to the court in evidence given to the court on Thursday by Twitter expert Ron Schnell).

She asks if Ms Arnold's estimated damage to Heard of up to $50m was based on the top limits of what she could have earned, and she says no she was always "grounded" and based her estimates on previously negotiated fees for her previously roles.

In her review of negative media campaigns against Heard, Ms Arnold is asked how many used the words "poop or defecation". Ms Arnold says she believes the word "poop" was used in some of the negative statements.

This refers to an accusation that someone defecated in Johnny Depp and Heard's marital bed on the night after the couple argued on her 30th birthday.

The questioning of the witness has now finished.
The questioning has now finished. Thank God.

Sky News

British supermodel Kate Moss

Another very high profile witness we may be hearing from is British supermodel Kate Moss.

1653342368822.png

We understand she may be giving evidence via video link on Wednesday. However, as always court schedules can change, and witnesses dropped at the last minute, so we won't be sure until the day itself.

Moss dated Depp for about four years beginning in 1994. Moss's name has already come up in court, when Amber Heard said she immediately thought of Moss during an incident in March 2015 when she alleges Depp hit her sister Whitney, and she feared he would push her down the stairs. She has said Depp once pushed Moss on a staircase, and that is the reason she feared for her sister's safety at the time.

Time will tell if we actually get to hear about the alleged incident from the model herself.

Replying to my own post.

Not sure why Law and Crime are saying he won't be testifying. I heard the same thing Sky did.

From my understanding, the defense will not state definitively that they are NOT planning to call JD to the stand tomorrow. But, if I recall, the JD team is planning on him returning to the stand when they get to the rebuttal stage. ( Later this week)

The best part for me today was when the orthopedic surgeon said something about the accordian doors.

"Yes but I think it's really important for the jury to hear this."

CV: I understand that, but this is the time for me to ask you questions. Your council will have the ability to rehabilitate you and ask you questions on redirect. Right now let's try and my questions ok?!"

BOOM!! BAM!!

Last edited:
I seriously feel no closer to giving a crap about either of these two than I was before they got on my radar. This trial to me has been 50% farce. I feel like the judge agrees with me on this. :)

It is so tedious and the lawyers’ skills leave much to be desired. I know folks loved Camille’s cross of Amber! I didn’t. <modsnip>. I couldn’t help compare to the many excellent crosses I’ve seen in criminal trials - and hers didn’t come close.

I expect the trial to continue in the same vein with disappointing closings in both sides. Only the jury verdict can save us at this point!

Last edited by a moderator:
I seriously feel no closer to giving a crap about either of these two than I was before they got on my radar. This trial to me has been 50% farce. I feel like the judge agrees with me on this. :)

It is so tedious and the lawyers’ skills leave much to be desired. I know folks loved Camille’s cross of Amber! I didn’t - please don’t quote me to tell me why it was the best thing ever! Let’s agree to disagree! I found her snark and tone completely unnecessary. I couldn’t help compare to the many excellent crosses I’ve seen in criminal trials - and hers didn’t come close.

I expect the trial to continue in the same vein with disappointing closings in both sides. Only the jury verdict can save us at this point!

The judge has sounded pretty drained sustaining objections today and at one point I thought she might consider holding the Dr in contempt and kicking his backside out of the box!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member