VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Luna I believe they are talking about exhibits...the video testimony is to be considered the same as in person witnesses and jury is instructed to draw no conclusion from the fact it was video. Court experts please correct me if I don't have that right.
What I understood was CV asked if they could use video depo clips as demonstratives in their closing argument. The judge said that depos are testimony and not evidence therefore they could not be used in closing. ONLY audio, video, pictures, etc that was actually entered into evidence can be used in their closing arguments. They can talk about testimony (whether live or by depo) in closing but they can NOT use anything other than items in evidence as demonstratives in their argument.

MOO

I am currently watching CV cross AH and they are discussing the photos taken with the wine bottle on the floor from Dec. 15 etc. I am horrified by her nasty responses to CV!!!! I can’t believe she gets away with it, although her nastiness and defiance is not surprising.

JD still wins.

He's exposed her for who she is to everyone, especially in her own words.

He's gained enormous sympathy, and a renewed interest in him as an artist, and a recovered addict.

And he never ever has to have any more contact with her. That is probably the best win of all.
It will be interesting to see the path that AH's career takes. I've read many biographies of Hollywood's most famous actresses, and some of them were notorious for being extremely difficult to work with. (Bette Davis was one of the worst!) That said, even the most cantankerous stars continued to work because they made money for the studios and had people flocking to see their movies. These actresses were enormously TALENTED, and directors were willing to put up with the nonsense for that reason. I didn't know much about AH prior to this trial and cannot speak to her acting ability or lack thereof. If she has raw talent and the potential for success in Hollywood, she will continue to work despite the negativity of the trial and her off-screen antics. If she doesn't have what it takes to succeed and is deemed too difficult to work with, AH will fade away like so many actresses before her. JMO

DH got the Murder on the Orient Express DVD for us to watch over the holiday weekend. We haven't been to a movie since the beginning of the pandemic but probably might have gone to see this. Looking forward to seeing Depp's performance.

What I understood was CV asked if they could use video depo clips as demonstratives in their closing argument. The judge said that depos are testimony and not evidence therefore they could not be used in closing. ONLY audio, video, pictures, etc that was actually entered into evidence can be used in their closing arguments. They can talk about testimony (whether live or by depo) in closing but they can NOT use anything other than items in evidence as demonstratives in their argument.

MOO
so they cannot play videos of any kind but that testimony is part of the record and will be considered by the jury...right?

MOO

Thanks! That’s exactly it!

I'm SO glad AH went back on the stand today. :cool:
I have a hunch her legal team might not feel the same, but I think she did a beautiful job of showing the jury just a slice of who she really is.
Agreed.

AH's behaviour on the stand alone makes me believe that JD is telling the truth. AH is the one that loses it in the relationship. That AH is the one causing harm and malice. AH seems to believe everyone lies except for her. She acts like she's the victim of everyone, not just JD. Everyone must be out to get her because JD says so? You would think JD runs the world by now.

To me it's obvious that she started the hoax when she went to get the TRO and tipped off TMZ. It's pretty simple to me but I know that people think differently and who knows what the jury is thinking. There have sadly been many wrong verdicts throughout our time. MOO

I missed Jason Momoa testifying. Is it worth looking at?

It's classic Narcissist behaviour.

The Narcissist is always lurking around their victim, even if the relationship is completely over and the victim has moved away, has a new partner, whatever.

The Narcissist cannot tolerate being ignored and will send letters or odd packages if they can find an address, phone without leaving numbers.

They can't tolerate the "abandonment" , even though they have no desire or expectation of fulfilling contact. They just want to reside somewhere in their victim's psyche, because they cannot ever be unwanted.

This!. My sister's last partner was a narc, he was awful. Bushed her house, piggy backed her phone so he recieved all her calls,rears and emails. Alienated her from her family and in the end was even drugging her to keep her asleep while he worked so she wouldn't be able to visit our mum.
They went on holiday and he updated her fb daily with all the fun things they were doing and how wonderful he was. My sister had no idea because by then he barely let her on her own sm.

When she finally exploded and threw him out, which she didn't actually do,she told him it was over and then she left and didn't go back until he was gone, he literally moved on to his next victim within the month.
A few months afterwards he sent her 200 cigarettes,my sister is a big smoker and that was definitely the way to get to her.
She wanted to keep them,I made her send them back.
He signed her up for lots of junk mail and things and then tried to follow me on Instagram so I blocked him.

He reported our elderly mother for benefit fraud (there was none), she was terrified.

I still expect him to appear around a corner!

It will be interesting to see the path that AH's career takes. I've read many biographies of Hollywood's most famous actresses, and some of them were notorious for being extremely difficult to work with. (Bette Davis was one of the worst!) That said, even the most cantankerous stars continued to work because they made money for the studios and had people flocking to see their movies. These actresses were enormously TALENTED, and directors were willing to put up with the nonsense for that reason. I didn't know much about AH prior to this trial and cannot speak to her acting ability or lack thereof. If she has raw talent and the potential for success in Hollywood, she will continue to work despite the negativity of the trial and her off-screen antics. If she doesn't have what it takes to succeed and is deemed too difficult to work with, AH will fade away like so many actresses before her. JMO

DH got the Murder on the Orient Express DVD for us to watch over the holiday weekend. We haven't been to a movie since the beginning of the pandemic but probably might have gone to see this. Looking forward to seeing Depp's performance.
Agreed. Imo Bette Davis and the actresses/actors of past times cannot even compare to actors today. Of course I love old movies and old Hollywood!

Hope you enjoy the movie. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member