VA VA - Katelin Akens, 19, Springfield, 5 Dec 2015 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just feel the discarding of the baggage was done in anger or fear and not as the result of a robbery or to hide it.

Yeaaaa... It's like the person who dumped it was angery/upset/desperate in someway.

This is definitely frustrating. The LE silence, and active discouragement of community searches points to one of at least three things:

1) They have strong reason to believe she will not be found due to being harmed.
2) They have strong reason to believe she will not be found due to running off.
3) The really frustrating possibility is that they may have pinpointed their investigation on one particular unannounced POI and are not following up with other possibilities due to the arrogance/tunnel vision that tends to creep in when a particular theory seems really strong to investigators.

I believe it was reported that his vehicle was seen in the area of the mall. There haven't been any verified sightings of Katelin.

It may be that he went to a gas station, as they usually have cameras. Either after dropping Katelin off (or possibly trying to establish an alibi). We don't really know where he was, only that he was in the area, so it could be that either the camera only got his licence plate and not the occupant/s, or he was the only occupant at that particular time.

There are no gas stations in the general vicinity of the mall (and that used to drive me CRAZY!) .

And for the person who asked, the mall is a .25-.5mi walk to the metro. Easy peasy. I still don't think she was ever in Springfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member