Found Deceased VA - Kathleen 'Katie' Barham, 32, Portsmouth, 27 May 2015

I don't think it's her. I don't think a body could decompose to the point of a parent not recognizing her in 2 weeks. Even in hot, humid temps I would think it would take a lot longer to decompose to the point that 18 hours later, they still haven't identified it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't think a parent would be asked to look at a decomposed body or even view photos in hopes they could identify it. That would be horrific and traumatizing to them if it was her.

If fingerprints can't be used then DNA testing will likely be done. It sounds like the body that was found didn't have any form of identification so LE can't be 100% positive it is her. I think they should be able to at least determine if the body was male or female. Must not be a male or LE would have announced the body that was found was not Kathleen.

Does anyone know if Kathleen has any tattoo's? Those can sometimes still be visible and used for identification.

JMO

Did I read somewhere back that the body was so decomposed that they couldn't tell male or female? Looking now.....

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Did I read somewhere back that the body was so decomposed that they couldn't tell male or female? Looking now.....

I read that, too, on a news story linked somewhere up above. Another news story didn't indicate that, so I'm not clear on if that was reporter interpretation or what LE said.

Ok, I knew I saw it! Either way, if it's not her then something crazy is going on.

Posted an hour ago on the Bring Katie Home FB page. Note choice of wording.
"We ask that you continue to pray for Katie's safe return. While there was a body located in close proximity to where she lives, the body found last night has not been confirmed as Katie. We have to hang on to hope in a situation like this. Please keep her and her family in your thoughts and prayers. Thank you all for everything you have done thus far...all of your positive thoughts, prayers, comments, shares and so on ~ it is greatly appreciated with all of our hearts! Continue to help us "Bring Katie Barham"

It's not really all that uncommon for LE to claim that they can't establish the identity of a corpse, and tell everybody they're going to have to wait until later for an I.D. In the meantime, there is an active investigation going on behind the scenes with whatever evidence they were able to get from the location the body was discovered.

This accomplishes two things, it buys them some investigative time, and it keeps the perpetrator in the dark as to who and what they may have found.

I've seen 'em do it 50 times, and they knew all along who the body belonged to right from the git-go.

You see the same thing sometimes when they claim that they don't know how someone died since there was no obvious signs of trauma. Later on, you find out the person blew their brains out with a pistol. Does that mean they lied to everybody ? Yep, but they get away with it.

Can somebody go to the Bring Katie Barham Home FB page https://www.facebook.com/bringkatiebhome?fref=ts
Read down the comments on the first post (about continuing to pray and the body found not having been confirmed post) and see if you can figure out what L.S. Means in her conversation with R.M. LS posts "wow people...."

Can somebody go to the Bring Katie Barham Home FB page https://www.facebook.com/bringkatiebhome?fref=ts
Read down the comments on the first post (about continuing to pray and the body found not having been confirmed post) and see if you can figure out what L.S. Means in her conversation with R.M. LS posts "wow people...."

I think we just have an attention seeker on our hands. There's always at least one.

She comments on the posts by others section too....Strange

Yeah and she seems to think she know what happened - like she half expected it - but that Katie wasn't kidnapped. Very strange

Making sure I wasn't missing something clear as mud. I kept thinking the 27th to the 10th is more than 10 days, but something about 10 days. And the dad calling and something about Friday. Prior to that "conversation" LS posted earlier in that same post that she used to live with Katie. That's why I paid a little attention to what she was saying, but then it got waaaay out there

That caught my eye too. I'm curious now so I'll keep watching & waiting for her to post again. I hope she is just an attention seeker, but what if......Stranger things have happened

That caught my eye too. I'm curious now so I'll keep watching & waiting for her to post again. I hope she is just an attention seeker, but what if......Stranger things have happened
Was that part deleted? I don't see the comments....just that they lived together.

In another post, someone said her brother was murdered. Anyone see that?? I have a screenshot but can't post it.

Was that part deleted? I don't see the comments....just that they lived together.

In another post, someone said her brother was murdered. Anyone see that?? I have a screenshot but can't post it.

To elaborate, the initials are TC and it's under the post "Please pray this is NOT Katie"

To elaborate, the initials are TC and it's under the post "Please pray this is NOT Katie"

I can't see any comments either!

Yea looks like the conversation between the 2 has been deleted.
Time to start taking screenshots of everything.....
Who is running the FB page, do we know?

I saw that too, I wonder what her brothers name was & what the circumstances were in his death.

I saw that too, I wonder what her brothers name was & what the circumstances were in his death.

It would be interesting to find out. I might try to do some research.

I think LS deleted that post. I didn't see it. And if she did, why? That's shady!

Even if you would've seen it I'm not sure you, or anyone, would've understood it, it was quite the gibberish. Made no sense to many it seemed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back