Found Deceased VA - Kathleen 'Katie' Barham, 32, Portsmouth, 27 May 2015

Even if you would've seen it I'm not sure you, or anyone, would've understood it, it was quite the gibberish. Made no sense to many it seemed.

I wish I had seen it! I did take a screenshot of the comments about the murdered brother. Very strange! I can't access facebook at work but will check it out more after I'm off.

It's very possible that LE can't tell if it is a male or female.

I saw that too, I wonder what her brothers name was & what the circumstances were in his death.

Looks like the brother's name was Paul, according to that creepy facebook comment. Hope that's okay to post here. Looking into it now.

A friend told me yesterday that they're friends with Katie's father. They also gave some other information that I'm not sure I can share. He told me because he works with our company and needed to explain any absences.

I guess it is okay to say that he said they searched the area where body was found shortly after Katie went missing. He said they didn't find anything. It just seems strange that if this body is so decomposed and creating an odor that they didn't find it when they searched. This person had to have been out there in the woods for a long time. Maybe he's confused as to where they searched.

IMO I thought for sure this was Katie. Now since they've found a tent (homeless camp) I'm not so sure.

I guess because I have nothing to back up what I posted that I need to say it's rumor or heresay.

In reality, everything we're posting here is speculation for now, except the facts about her disappearance.

The almighty google has failed me; I found nothing about any murdered family members. I'll keep poking around.

IF they checked that same area the body was found, maybe it was concealed enough and not giving off an odor yet? It's strange, though....it's been very warm lately. Who knows whether or not the body had been visible or anything like that. Or, not until there was an odor that tipped people off.

FWIW, I checked around and couldn't find anything on the brother either.

I checked around and couldn't find anything on the brother either.

I did also and couldn't find anything. I did hear from a reliable source that her brother was in fact deceased but I didn't ask for details. It's possible he's a step brother and has a different last name. I didn't ask that either. I'm not a very good sleuther. Out of respect for the person that said this I didn't want to appear too nosey.

If this is her body, the homeless camp could be related to her disappearance. Possibly she was being watched by the homeless person maybe? With that said, I'm leaning towards the body not being hers...I hope.

I did also and couldn't find anything. I did hear from a reliable source that her brother was in fact deceased but I didn't ask for details. It's possible he's a step brother and has a different last name. I didn't ask that either. I'm not a very good sleuther. Out of respect for the person that said this I didn't want to appear too nosey.

I understand that balance of trying to sleuth and being respectful. If you get a chance to talk to the person again, you might want to explain to them that you are part of an online community that assists in missing persons cases. Be honest, explain to that person that you respect their privacy, but would be happy to receive any information he/she cares to share. If you think it's appropriate, you can tell them about WS and give them a link to the forum.

If this is her body, the homeless camp could be related to her disappearance. Possibly she was being watched by the homeless person maybe? With that said, I'm leaning towards the body not being hers...I hope.

I agree, los.

Yes, could be a stepbrother. All I have is a first name, and it's not getting me anywhere so I kind of stopped looking.

As far as the homeless theory, it's possible, but hard to say. If she had money for laundry then maybe someone robbed her? A struggle ensued, etc...I certainly hope that's not the case. But if so, would a homeless person ditch a body right next to their camp?

I don't remember seeing this but I was half asleep when I read this thread yesterday...

Body found near missing woman’s apartment in Portsmouth expected to be identified Thursday
UPDATED AT 08:09AM, JUNE 11, 2015

Barham’s family has been notified that a body was found, but they are waiting for the Medical Examiner to make an identification. That is expected to happen on Thursday.

“It was out there in the weather. The detective did tell me it was under a tarp. But part of the body, feet or hands or whatever was outside the tarp and partially decomposed,” says Katie’s mother’s boyfriend, Robert Poisal.

Portsmouth Police say they never released information to anyone about the body being covered by a tarp. NewsChannel 3 went back to where the body was found and there was a blue tarp located near a tent.

The article also mentions that LE asked her boyfriend to take a polygraph after they found the remains.

Good point. Probably not unless they were planning on taking the money and moving on. I doubt Katie had that much money on her while doing the laundry. Probably just change. If she were abducted, I think it would be for reasons other than robbery.

If it really was under the tarp, I can't imagine how it could be a transient...

I totally agree. Someone was hiding it.
This article talks about the decomposition being so bad they don't know whether male/female. I've only seen that statement one other time. This kind of stuff makes me want to look up the decomposition stages. If a body were under a tarp, trapping heat, would that make the process speed up?

If the body was under the tarp wouldnt LE have taken it as evidence to see if fingerprints or other stuff could be located on it?

If the body was under the tarp wouldnt LE have taken it as evidence to see if fingerprints or other stuff could be located on it?

You'd think! Maybe they did take it, but another tarp was seen that is unrelated to the crime scene. Who knows.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back