VA VA - Keir, 34, & Chloe Johnson, 8 mos, Hampton, 30 April 2017

We are new to the Hampton Roads area and just now I am reading about this. It's been 3 years. How do we not know more about Keir and Chloe? Someone knows something.
I agree. I wonder how serious LE took this missing person case. Even though little Chloe was an infant, LE waited a week or more before issuing the Amber Alert. Then they find her car in nearby Newport News and I believe they took over the case. Now I think it is back with Hampton PD. What about traffic cameras? Business and home surveillance videos? Did LE go after them or wait until it was too late? I really get a bad feeling about this every time it comes up.

Still nothing in over 3 years. After seeing the Leila Cavett case in FL where the mother disappears and her 2 yo son is found wandering on the streets. Here we obviously have someone who has no problem removing 8 month old child from the lives of her grandmother and aunts. I view murder as a very cold act, but with an infant? That's an entirely different level of cold.

Checking the internet there really isn't anything out there on Keir and Chloe. Her sister believes someone Keir knew this. I wonder if it couldn't involve a boyfriend that the family did not know about. But if that is the case would she take Chloe?

Someone had to park her car there in Newport News 10 miles from her mother's place in Hampton. I hope LE got DNA from the vehicle.

Checking in on this case again. She lived 5 minutes from me when this happened. I've taken my kids to buckroe beach many times and I never got the feeling youd be kidnapped there.

I do remember seeing comments under a FB news article when it happened- some guy said "check Panama, where the babies daddy is from" and I thought weird. I went back a few hours later and it was deleted. I have no idea if any of that is true.

Checking in on this case again. She lived 5 minutes from me when this happened. I've taken my kids to buckroe beach many times and I never got the feeling youd be kidnapped there.

I do remember seeing comments under a FB news article when it happened- some guy said "check Panama, where the babies daddy is from" and I thought weird. I went back a few hours later and it was deleted. I have no idea if any of that is true.
Interesting. If they could get DNA from her car and it was complete enough maybe a connection could be made to Chloe's DNA if the father was involved. If they have Chloe's DNA. If they got a good DNA profile from the car.

I did a Google search and nothing. Even the LE agency with the lead, Newport News PD, said very little at the 2 year mark. Their excuse - they had no one available to discuss the case.
Two years since the disappearance of Keir and Chloe Johnson | 13newsnow.com

"No one available"? What about the detective assigned the case and his/her supervisor? That is assuming there is one currently assigned to the case.

Four years missing today. Unreal. Furthermore Chloe is not even listed on NCMEC site posters. Why wouldn't the police make sure she's on there if her and her mother are still whereabouts unknown? I was hoping for an age progression photo for Chloe. Newport News police may be needing help from state police or FBI. Anyone see other recent publicity about them? So sad.

Last edited:
I did a Google search from 28 April, when I last posted about a search and today. Nothing. Its actually more informative to read the Reddit posts from about 3 months ago. So many unanswered questions here. What was in her car - baby seat, cell phone, diaper bag? How long had it been parked at Jefferson Ave and Arch Street? I can't imagine that in this day in time where traffic and surveillance cameras are everywhere LE apparently have almost nothing between when Keir left her mother and when the car was found 2 weeks later. The mysterious friend Keir was going to meet? We don't even know if the friend is male or female. I still wonder if Keir is deceased could Chloe might still be alive.

https://www.wtkr.com/haveyouseenme/...sary-of-keir-and-chloe-johnsons-disappearance
Apr 28, 2022

SBM
Keir Johnson’s twin sister said she has a nagging feeling her sister and niece were killed.

“I think somebody she trusted did something to [them],” said T. P. "The world is full of evil people." [snip] P. would not say who she believes is responsible for what happened to Keir and Chloe Johnson, but she said she is certain they cannot hide forever.

This is sad. Five years and almost nothing. I don't believe there was even one single search. LE waited over a week before issuing the Amber Alert. And now this same LE agency is going to general quarters over Cody Bigsby. There are Cody Bigsby search parties, Cody Bigsby LE press conferences and the different TV stations have been doing updates. Don't get me wrong, Cody is only 4 years old and that case demands that kind of attention. But where was that kind of effort for Keir and Chloe? And Chloe was only 8 months old. I live nearby and I've only seen one billboard - about 2 years ago - off Mercury Blvd. And that is IT!

Performed a Google search and for the past year LE and the media have gone back to sleep. I'm surprised this is same LE agency putting press conferences and interviews with the media in the Codi Bigsby case. Keir's daughter was younger than Codi and yet nothing.

After following this case and watching Newport News PD and Hampton play hot potato with it along with waiting a week to issue an Amber Alert I didn't expect much from HPD on the Codi Bigsby case. Yet they did at least 3 press conferences and several searches in Codi's case. Looking at his thread on here, his case is just over a year old and WS is halfway through the 2nd thread. Don't get me wrong that isn't near attention for that case. But we are coming up on 6 years here with only 9 pages on the ONLY thread. As far as HPD and the media are concern, the ants in my garden are making more noise.

APR 30, 2023
Sunday, April 30 marks six years since Keir Johnson and her infant daughter Chloe went missing.

"I can't imagine what this family has endured for six years of not knowing. And we're talking about two people that are missing, not just one," said Derrica Wilson, the co-founder of the Black and Missing Foundation.

[...]

Wilson is urging Newport News police, who have now taken over the case, to release an updated rendering of Chloe Johnson's appearance.

"Her features have changed...it's been six years. So she's six years older," said Wilson. "I think it's behind time to have an age progression photo of Chloe because she could be out there and someone holds the key."

Wilson also believes additional resources could help find clues as to what happened to the Johnsons.

"We probably need to get another fresh set of eyes on this case," said Wilson. "We have seen cases that have gone many years that have now been solved, because of a new detective being assigned to the case, or additional resources being added from law enforcement."

[...]

APR 30, 2023
Sunday, April 30 marks six years since Keir Johnson and her infant daughter Chloe went missing.

"I can't imagine what this family has endured for six years of not knowing. And we're talking about two people that are missing, not just one," said Derrica Wilson, the co-founder of the Black and Missing Foundation.

[...]

Wilson is urging Newport News police, who have now taken over the case, to release an updated rendering of Chloe Johnson's appearance.

"Her features have changed...it's been six years. So she's six years older," said Wilson. "I think it's behind time to have an age progression photo of Chloe because she could be out there and someone holds the key."

Wilson also believes additional resources could help find clues as to what happened to the Johnsons.

"We probably need to get another fresh set of eyes on this case," said Wilson. "We have seen cases that have gone many years that have now been solved, because of a new detective being assigned to the case, or additional resources being added from law enforcement."

[...]
From WTKR, the area's CBS affiliate. GOOD! This case is in serious need of something from the media and LE to give Keir's mother answers.

This case is one I think about a lot. Because, (1) LE waited a week to issue an Amber Alert because of Chloe, and (2) because Hampton PD and Newport News PD played hot potato with the case in the early stages. For almost 6 years we've gone to the publicity equivalent of General Quarters nationwide over the Delphi Murders after less than 6 months we've heard next to nothing on this case locally. Its sad and frustrating.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlternativeLuck
Back