VA VA - Kelly Catalano, 40, Chesterfield, 15 Jan 2010 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uh-oh. I'm somewhat freaked out.

Look what I found at the pool that Shutterfly brought to our attention.

Closeupnearpool.jpg

A canoe. And a road that leads west from the pool toward I95.

I'm freaking out a bit. I thought this area was pretty inaccessible--certainly tough to get to. Never thought of a canoe ... or a road there.

This next image shows the pool, the canoe, and I95. The road from the canoe gets rather close to I95.

ProximitytoI95.jpg

Someone knows that area well enough.

Okay, truthsleuth... I see something that resembles a person, just above the canoe near the water. Of course, this is like the Natalee Holloway skeleton pictures: is it something suspicious or just some natural formation? Do you see it, though? Granted, I'm sure it has nothing to do with Kelly even if it's a person - but it's just freaky!

ETA:

attachment.php

Attachments

• Closeupnearpool copy.jpg
    Closeupnearpool copy.jpg
    244.1 KB · Views: 222
We should find out who that land belongs to. Then with permission we could go down there and look around and get some perspective on the area?

Does anyone know if LE interviewed all of the people who frequent the area around BPA who may be walkers, runners, hunters/duck hunters, fishers, those who may boat/kayak/canoe. Or if LE has requested, via media, for those who frequent that area around BPA (2 miles above and below) to come forward with anything they may have seen in the days before, the day of and the days after Kelly went missing?

ETA: I should say - seeing something unusual - like someone new hanging around or someone who looked totally out of place

WOW!!!! Even I don't know how the h3ll you guys are getting those images that big but KEEP THEM COMING!!!!!!!

Can someone blow the big one in post #61 up again and zoom it? Look to the lower right in that pic, closer to 95. There's something else sitting there on the bank where another path is located by the water. What is THAT????

Okay, truthsleuth... I see something that resembles a person, just above the canoe near the water. Of course, this is like the Natalee Holloway skeleton pictures: is it something suspicious or just some natural formation? Do you see it, though? Granted, I'm sure it has nothing to do with Kelly even if it's a person - but it's just freaky!

ETA:

attachment.php

It does in fact look like a male facing the pond with a jacket on. Never saw that. Yep, freaky. Very freaky.

WOW!!!! Even I don't know how the h3ll you guys are getting those images that big but KEEP THEM COMING!!!!!!!

Can someone blow the big one in post #61 up again and zoom it? Look to the lower right in that pic, closer to 95. There's something else sitting there on the bank where another path is located by the water. What is THAT????

I'm going to go check it out now. If I can enlarge it, I definitely will. I'll be back!

Uh-oh. I'm somewhat freaked out.

Look what I found at the pool that Shutterfly brought to our attention.

Closeupnearpool.jpg

A canoe. And a road that leads west from the pool toward I95.

I'm freaking out a bit. I thought this area was pretty inaccessible--certainly tough to get to. Never thought of a canoe ... or a road there.

This next image shows the pool, the canoe, and I95. The road from the canoe gets rather close to I95.

ProximitytoI95.jpg

Someone knows that area well enough.
just to fill you all in. someone lives back there and owns a large amount of land. they must leave the canoe there so they dont have to lug it down to the water when they want to use it.

Okay, here's the spot in relation to the canoe. If I'm in the wrong place, Shutterfly, please let me know. The next photo is the closest I can get without a total blur.

Duckblindnearcanoe.jpg

This second image is an upside-down version of the one above. I'm thinking that's a duck blind. What's your best guess?

closeupofduckblind.jpg

ETA: looks like about a mile and a quarter/half from BPA to 95 via paths and dodging area's of water. It's about three fourths of a mile from Continental Blvd to the 'pool,' via dirt roads, and a mile from BPA to the pool.

Rather than carrying a body across that area, could it be possible that an all terran vehicle (ATV) was used to get around in the dirt roads?

I did notice atv trails beside linens of the week that go toward behind the condom factory . If you look behind the condom factory you can see parts of the trail . I went almost directly behind the condom factory on what looked like an atv had been there before. I stopped once I started to see the no trespassing posts. I tryed to get permission to search the area , but they never got back to me. I guess you could go from linens of the week almost all the way to the "pool" with an atv. It would take a while to get there .I do think its possibal.

Looks like you all have been busy! Glad to see everything that's been done and discussed. So glad Kelly and her case are so far from being forgotten.

Does anyone know what the status of this case is? Is there any kind of investigation being done? Are we still waiting to hear back from the medical examiner?

Lately, there seem to be a lot of cases where LE shrugs its shoulders and decides, Eh, accident, suicide, no biggie. I just feel like whatever happened to Kelly, she DESERVES a full investigation. It breaks my heart to think that authorities are saying, Well... she was talking about death in the days before she went missing, so, whatever.

Does anyone know what the status of this case is? Is there any kind of investigation being done? Are we still waiting to hear back from the medical examiner?

Lately, there seem to be a lot of cases where LE shrugs its shoulders and decides, Eh, accident, suicide, no biggie. I just feel like whatever happened to Kelly, she DESERVES a full investigation. It breaks my heart to think that authorities are saying, Well... she was talking about death in the days before she went missing, so, whatever.
This case is not over by a long shot , however it takes time . We will get to the bottom of this. I got this gut feeling the truth is not far away. Maybe im the only one ,but thats how I feel .

Early on when Kelly went missing it was mentioned that a pair of safety glasses/goggles and a pair of work gloves were found the next day in an area where a search had already been conducted.

Can this information be confirmed? If so, were these items confirmed to be Kelly's personal items?

~ OR ~

Did any other co-worker come forward and claim these items as their own?

Im wondering if maybe we can get a criminal psychologists to look at all the posts from kelly's thread and voice his/her opinion on all that has been siad here. I think that someone in this field could shed a little light on the subject? They see this kind of thing all the time. Or maybe they they have been all along? Who knows?

Some of this information is quite graphic. I apologize to the family if this causes you any undue stress. However, I am in hopes that this will help you all in your finding out who did this to Kelly.

I want to thank my friend for turning me on to this information - Thank you - you know who you are!

http://www.enotes.com/forensic-science/drowning-signs

A forensic examiner must consider that a body recovered from water may or may not have been dead when the water was entered. If the person died in the water, there are several possible causes of death, including drowning. It is actually difficult to prove drowning as a cause of death with 100% accuracy. The forensic pathologist cannot rely on autopsy or laboratory findings alone. Instead, the pathologist may focus on elimination of other causes for the death and on the circumstances surrounding the event.

However, the diatom test is now considered very unreliable and would never be used, on its own, as evidence of drowning. The forensic pathologist has to rely on many other sources of evidence to determine cause of death when a body is found in water.

(more at link)

Sorry but I cannot copy and paste from this next link
http://www.dundee.ac.uk/forensicmedicine/notes/water.pdf

http://www.forensicmag.com/articles.asp?pid=66

Body Found in Water
When dealing with a body found in or near the water, the first thing to do is record information about the location. What is the water type? It may be a pond, lake, river, creek, or other. If the body of water has a name, list that as well. Note specifically the location of the body, such as the name of a cove.

Next, you want to document the location relative to other things. This can give clues as to how the body got to its present location. Record the nearest structure over the water. Perhaps there is a bridge or train trestle. Could the body have been thrown? Could the victim have jumped? The name of the nearest road and its distance from the scene should be noted. Use observation or technology such as a GPS to measure. Record your method. Find out the location of the nearest boat ramp. There is always the possibility that the body was transported to its current location by boat.

Observe the air and water more closely. Document the temperatures of both and the depth of the water. Record if there is any current and in which direction it is flowing. Can this help you determine where the body was put into the water? Note the condition of the water: muddy, cloudy, or clear. You may need to check with the local weather bureau to determine the time and amount of the last precipitation.

Next, record the location of the body in the water. Is the body in the water? If so, how far is it from the shore or bank? If you consider it partially in the water or on the bank, note that. Document your observations of the bank. Is it comprised of sand, rock, gravel, dirt, or grass? How high is it? Is there a large drop off? Observe the body position. Is it floating, submerged, on its back, face down, or other? The amount of time a body has spent in the water can affect its position, so this may be a critical piece of the puzzle.

As is the case with any body, no matter where it is found, record the condition of the body. This should include notes on the level of preservation of the body (preserved, decomposed, skeletal), color, and levels of lividity and rigor. Record the presence of blood, ligature marks, and whether or not anything is tied to the body. Document if the body has any clothing and jewelry. Is there any other clothing found in the area?

Divers are often called into death scenes when the body is found in or around water. Your initial observations can give them some clues as to where to search for evidence. You will want to record all pertinent information about the divers. This should include the names of the divers and their agencies. Note the date and time they went into the water and emerged. Describe any items the divers recover and their location in the water. Make sure you note which diver found which piece of evidence.

(More at link)

http://www.forensicmag.com/articles.asp?pid=220
Fascinating article - for when an autopsy may not be the most viable route for determining cause of death.

Early on when Kelly went missing it was mentioned that a pair of safety glasses/goggles and a pair of work gloves were found the next day in an area where a search had already been conducted.

Can this information be confirmed? If so, were these items confirmed to be Kelly's personal items?

~ OR ~

Did any other co-worker come forward and claim these items as their own?

MBLover; Thanks for bring this question back up to the front. Can we verify the gloves/goggles being found? I looked back to posts in the 1st thread. The statement seems to have originated over at Topix and was repeated here. Joseph or Niece can you verify? If true, the discovery validates our theory that Kelly was murdered as the area they were found in was searched the day prior to them being found. Maybe this is rumor, but it would be nice to find out for sure.

Great job on the articles above. I looked at Laci Peterson's case after someone here mentioned it. I thought something useful might be found, but I forgot her body was weighted down, so probably little to be compared?

A couple of things I read in your articles and others I researched today stood out and I will be looking for several key points of note when the ME's/Coroners report is formally released. There are several indicator's to look for in a drowning vs. murdered-body found in the water case. I sincerely hope the Dr. who performed her examination was not influenced by the mention of possible suicide. I believe that some people have a sixth sense or time-clock, if you will, that their life may end in an un-natural way. It is innate in them. I suspect Kelly may have been one of those persons. That she questioned the afterlife and spirituality would have been natural for her and not at all indicative of suicide.

Scrappy it has been said by many that LE does indeed read here at WS. If the detectives in Kelly's case are looking, I hope they know to go back and find the 1st and 2nd threads, as some of the posts there would be worthy of a psychological profile and a hard look by LE.

My :twocents: ... I hope I have not been insensitive to any family members who may be reading here. I just do not believe Kelly took her own life.

The safety glasses were found by Kelly's nephew but I don't recall them ever being confirmed as hers.

Thanks beltingitout! I appreciate your answer!

Maybe I should ask this question in another way: When Kelly was seen leaving BPA was she observed (by the couple people who saw her) as wearing her glasses/goggles and gloves?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88