VA VA - Kelly Catalano, 40, Chesterfield, 15 Jan 2010 - #4

Happy Birthday Kelly! Still looking for answers.
I ask anyone still looking at this thread to please also Look at leyla N thread missing from Chesterfield April 4,2012 last seen leaving work. They are seeing similarities and maybe some of you could help find leyla!

I will check her thread.

I was thinking of Kelly last night. I feel the world was cheated out of a beautiful person.

Just read through all the threads. I really hope there will be justice for Kelly very soon. It is eerie to me how much Kelly and Leyla look alike and I hope police will take a closer look at Kelly's case. RIP in peace Kelly! We want justice for you and your family!

One of Darrell Rice's most recent addresses, on Rainbow Place in Nanjemoy, Maryland, fronts Nanjemoy Creek, known for its "deeply forested banks, with few houses or signs of human activity."
He had his own boat dock with immediate access to the Potomac River, from which he could easily connect with the James River and its tributaries, where the bodies of Kelly Catalano and two other women were found in March and April, 2010. Darrell Rice was re-arrested on parole violations in July 2010 and sent back to prison until his release on April 6, 2011.
Thank you AnotherNiece, Rice sounds like he could definitely be a POI. Have you spoke with LE about this?

Thinking about what he would be doing around the BPA area, at the time Kelly went missing. Have you checked to see if Rice is a hunter?

LE isn't willing to talk to us. They consider it a closed case. Nobody there seems to care about finding out what really happened to all the missing women in VA. Their cases are just brushed aside. Maybe that's why it keeps happening!

3 years since Kelly's body has been found and still no answers! It doesnt get any easier without answers!

Darrell Rice's name has popped up in a association with some Jane Doe's in MD. Given his Alford Plea and parole violations, maybe we can legitimately start a thread for him in the Serial Killer forum and see if we can tie any of these women together...

I spent the last 24 hours checking into Mr Rice and I dont know what I think about him tbh. There is an innocence website out there on the www for him-I carry a healthy amount of skepticism for websites like that one however I think there are some solid efforts that have gone into debunking the theory of him as a multiple murderer in the cases he has been associated with.

That being said, he certainly is a person who brings out very very strong feelings on one side or the other. The over all belief seems to be either he is not guilty of violent crimes, he is guilty of being associated with the RT 29 Stalkings or he is guilty of murdering women somewhere but hasnt been tied to the right cases.

Some links for your reference:

Innocence Website

The Hook

Free Lance Star Series

I still have Kelly's picture on my computer. I think about her all the time and it breaks my heart to know her family still doesn't know the truth. Her niece and I are friends on FB and hopefully this coming spring I will get to meet her face to face, hug her and tell her how sorry I am about all of this. So many unanswered questions!!!

I still have Kelly's picture on my computer. I think about her all the time and it breaks my heart to know her family still doesn't know the truth. Her niece and I are friends on FB and hopefully this coming spring I will get to meet her face to face, hug her and tell her how sorry I am about all of this. So many unanswered questions!!!

Thank You Beachlvr0810! Still no new information to share. It has been a very rough year. Grandma (kelly's mom) passed away in May and I am happy that her and Kelly are back together but it is very upsetting to know that grandma passed away without any answers. Still blows my mind how the state of Virginia has just disregarded so many lives of so many young women!

For some reason I thought of Kelly today and hoped when I looked her up on websleuths that I would read that they found out what happened to her and apprehended the person. Sorry to see that does not seem to be the case. I don't post much but I followed this case closely at the time.

Thank You Abbygator for thinking of Kelly. No answers no leads nothing new at all. Praying someday we will find the answers we are looking for.

Hi all, I'm just going to put up links to these two threads, from the Randy Allen Taylor and Alexis Murphy case thread.

Many of us delved deep into the background of RAT and the results leave open many possibilities. One of the threads was about possible victims of RAT. We also discussed the possibility that at some point in time that he may have crossed paths or even known Richard Evonitz.
Suspect: Randy Allen Taylor -- Background - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community RAT Background
Possible Victims - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community Possible Victims

6 years and still no closer to getting any answers! "They" say once a body is found it gets easier and you get closure but that couldn't be further from the truth. Finding Kelly's body just brought more questions that are left unanswered. No answers stops you from healing and you don't get any closure.

I only came across Kelly's case today. I feel so sad that there has been no development over the years. I hope in time answers will come out :(

Kelly's case has always bothered me. I seriously do not buy the idea that she went to work and decided to drown herself. No way no how.

Another Niece....I am so sorry for all the heartache you have experienced from Kelly's passing. This is just so wrong.

Another Niece....just a quick question.....have you heard anything about Kelly's ex-gf? Just wondering what ever happened to her and if there's any info about her.

Kelly's case was one of the first I really followed after joining Websleuths and it has always bothered me a lot that there were no answers. I also remember that several other women in the surrounding area went missing at approximately the same time, all ending up in the water too. To believe that these 3 or 4 accomplished, beautiful women all decided to drown themselves for no apparent reason is just too hard to accept.

Please know that Kelly has not been forgotten.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renenoelle
Back