GUILTY VA - Lenny Harris, 53, robbed & murdered, Alexandria, 21 Sept 2011

Still thinking of Lenny also. I neglected to email back when I said I was going to, as things got busy here :blush: but i finally did so recently. If/when I get an answer back I will let you all know here.

Praying that he has been found!

Prince George’s Police Investigate Report of Body in a Well
Alexandria investigators looking for Lenny Harris respond to report

A large police presence -- including investigators from Alexandria, Va. -- responded to a report of a body in a well in Prince George’s County, Md., Thursday afternoon.

There’s no word on whether an actual body has been found in the well behind an apparently abandoned home in the 11900 block of Old Fort Road in Friendly, Md.

There's more in the article...

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...igate-Report-of-Body-in-a-Well-138159384.html

belimom, are you on this? I know I have not been on in quite a while. So sorry, but had to post this. Hope you or someone else can stay on it. Praying that his family and friends can finally have some peace!

This location is not far from the Woodrow Wilson Bridge where his wallet was found, but I don't have time to map it right now.

Police Investigating Report of Body Found in Well in Fort Washington

Police say they received an anonymous call saying there was a body at the bottom of a well on a private property in the 11900 block of Old Fort Road.

OldFortRoadBodyFound2_20120126172142_320_240.JPG

OldFortRoadBodyFound_20120126172142_320_240.JPG

OldFortRoadBodyFound7_20120126172154_320_240.JPG

OldFortRoadBodyFound3_20120126172142_320_240.JPG

OldFortRoadBodyFound5_20120126172141_320_240.JPG

OldFortRoadBodyFound6_20120126172142_320_240.JPG

Video also at the link.

http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpp/news/mar...-body-found-in-well-in-fort-washington-012612

An anonymous call? To an abandoned property. That is very interesting. It sounds like there is a good possibility this may be Lenny.

Oh wow. Thanks, Hollye, for alerting me. I've been so busy since returning to work that I'm not on here much.

I was just over in that area this morning, and I pass over the WW Bridge and through PG County on my way to work. I'm just... shaking... I hope/pray it's him so that his family can have closure.

I've updated an earlier map with the location of the body they found. I know we don't know if it's Lenny or not, but when you look at the big picture - literally look at it - I think the chances are high.

:(

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-10-14 at 8.22.11 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-10-14 at 8.22.11 PM.png
    451.1 KB · Views: 128
Sending prayers for Lenny's family, friends and community as they await news on whether or not this is their loved one.

I agree it looks like this might be him. Not the outcome anyone is hoping for, but answers non the less.

:praying:

I think this is interesting - I'm hoping that it will narrow down the suspect list if someone had to have knowledge of that well beforehand. And the anonymous tipster obviously knows something.

bbm

The 20-foot well sits well off Old Fort Road in Fort Washington on an abandoned property. You can't see the property from the road and neighbors say if someone put the body there, they must have known exactly where to go.

An anonymous call to Prince George’s County Police Thursday afternoon led homicide investigators to the well.

Read more: http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpp/news/mar...-well-in-fort-washington-012612#ixzz1kd5yYeWU

I also think it's very telling that they think it must be Lenny if Alexandria PD is on the scene, since that's a different jurisdiction - different state - and across the river. There's a reason they are there, IMO.

I think this is interesting - I'm hoping that it will narrow down the suspect list if someone had to have knowledge of that well beforehand. And the anonymous tipster obviously knows something.

bbm

I also think it's very telling that they think it must be Lenny if Alexandria PD is on the scene, since that's a different jurisdiction - different state - and across the river. There's a reason they are there, IMO.

I agree. I immediately thought the same thing. A house no one sees for most of the year with a well and the house has been empty for sometime IIRC. Yes, someone had to know that property and the location of the well. And very telling Alexandria LE was on the scene too.

http://delray.patch.com/articles/al...ith-found-body-case-in-prince-george-s-county

"We have nothing to connect it to the Lenny Harris case at this time," she said Thursday evening.

I feel like this might be Lenny though. I had a strange feeling yesterday and thought of Lenny all day but didn't check his thread until now.

As much as I hope it isn't him, if it is, at least now he could be laid to rest properly and perhaps there will finally be clues as to what happened.

Is there anything going on in the community right now to honor him? His work needs to keep going....

The recovery of the body will be a challenge, said Julie Parker, of Prince George's County police. They need to excavate around the well and try to prevent against a well collapse. They also must determine if any underground utilities are near the well.

Investigators from Alexandria, where community activist Lenwood “Lenny” Harris disappeared, went to the scene, Bensen reported.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...igate-Report-of-Body-in-a-Well-138159384.html

Might take until tonight to remove the body.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...-retrieve-it/2012/01/27/gIQA7sm5UQ_story.html

I also have to say that I have chills right now. The very second after I typed my first post regarding what is being done to continue Lenny's work, an e-mail popped up on my work computer with the heading "Junior Achievement Volunteers Needed in the Classroom" (this is sponsored by my employer). How cool is that? One of the things Lenny did was find underprivileged children tutors.

I'm all signed up. Thanks Lenny.

images

http://delray.patch.com/articles/al...ith-found-body-case-in-prince-george-s-county

I feel like this might be Lenny though. I had a strange feeling yesterday and thought of Lenny all day but didn't check his thread until now.

As much as I hope it isn't him, if it is, at least now he could be laid to rest properly and perhaps there will finally be clues as to what happened.

Is there anything going on in the community right now to honor him? His work needs to keep going....

I agree with Cubby that the fact that Alexandria PD were on the scene means they have *some* reason to connect this with Lenny; also, the fact that the very first newspaper articles about the discovery mentioned Lenny by name suggests that police sources may have whispered something to reporters. I think this either means that the anonymous caller mentioned Lenny Harris by name or the body is obviously that of a middle aged black male and/or dressed in the clothes Lenny was reportedly wearing when he disappeared (the latter is less likely given the media descriptions of the location of the body). Actually, thinking about it now, another possibility is that Lenny's car was found on Livingston Road at the point closest to the body; if so, the body could have been found almost within sight of where the car was found judging from belimom's map.

Frankly, the Washington DC metro area is big enough that body wouldn't necessarily equal Lenny unless there was *something* that connected it to Lenny.

Immediately when the news reported it last night I thought of Lenny, before they even mentioned him by name. That everyone, including LE, seem to think there may be a connection, I hope is a worthy sign. I hope and pray that it is him, so his family and friends can have peace and closure.

Thank you all for being able to keep on this!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back