GUILTY VA - Lenny Harris, 53, robbed & murdered, Alexandria, 21 Sept 2011

His wife traced his cell phone. Police or his wife knows who contacted him, who was the last person to call him before he left that day.
So, police are probably very sure of who caused his disappearance and why.

I just hope they find him, alive and well.

I was hoping to see good news when I came to this thread today. :( praying he will be found safe...and soon.

I feel so terribly for Larry's wife and family! Praying he comes home safely :(

Haven't really found anything new, other than reporting on the vigil. I wonder at the lack of coverage - are they afraid it might jeopardize his safety if they say too much?

Belimom thanks for a great explanation of the neighborhood issues. I never understand people who move to the city and then try to make it suburban. City life is so different than suburban, and you have to take it's quirks and downsides with all the benefits. You can't barge in and make people who have been there for generations all change their lives to make YOU comfortable! (general 'you', not you personally! :) )

Poor Lenny. What a tremendous loss his voice would be for the community.

Can You ID This Person Of Interest In A Missing Person Case?
4:40 PM, Sep 26, 2011

ALEXANDRIA, Va. (WUSA) -- Alexandria Police are looking for a man who used a missing person's credit card on Sept. 22.

Police say this person (see photo)*used missing person Lenwood "Lenny" Harris' credit card on King Street shortly after 1*a.m. on Sept. 22.* He appears to be a black male with a moustache and small goatee. He has a muscular build and tattoos on his right and left forearm.

http://www.wusa9.com/news/virginia/article/168718/188/Can-You-ID-This-Person-Of-Interest

Person of interest from link posted in previous post.

110926043840_Harris%20case.jpg

Photo with POI's tattoo:

;
110926043914_TattooHarriscase.jpg

Anyone with information about the person of interest or Harris
is asked to call the Alexandria Police Department at 703-746-4711
or the non-emergency number at 703-8380-4444.

I don't think this has any more info than has already been posted but here is the city's news release:

UPDATE:* Alexandria Police Seek Public’s Help in Identifying Person of Interest in Missing Person Case

Alexandria Police are asking for the public’s help in identifying a person of interest in the missing person case of Lenwood “Lenny” Harris.* The person of interest used the victim’s credit card on King Street shortly after 1:00 A.M on September 22.*

The person of interest appears to be a black male.* He has a moustache and a small goatee.* He has a muscular build and tattoos on his right and left forearm.

Anyone with information about the person of interest is asked to call the Criminal Investigations Section of the Alexandria Police Department at 703.746.4711 or the non-emergency number at 703.838.4444.*

http://alexandriava.gov/police/info/news_policedisplay.aspx?id=52674

Can anyone with good photo software see if they can make out what the tattoo reads?

Zooming to 200%

Top line: can't read
middle line: ??? 33 or JJ and than what looks like a B?
bottom line: ?? maybe 00 and then AJ or RJ?

It's really hard to make out, so hoping another WS'r has better luck than I.

tia

I read somewhere that a woman uploaded an image to her facebook page that showed a person of interest in a young boys disappearance and with facebooks new face recognition tagging system it suggested her to tag a friend, who turned out to be the person of interest. I think people who live in that area or surrounding areas should upload that image and see if by any chance it could be a friend of theirs?

I know nothing about the facebook face recognition tagging. Would it work with only a partial of the face like the above photo's? Anyone know?

I know nothing about the facebook face recognition tagging. Would it work with only a partial of the face like the above photo's? Anyone know?

Here is an article explaining how it works
http://technolog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2010/12/16/5660488-facebooks-facial-recognition-knows-who-your-friends-are

I remember reading the image the lady uploaded was a side view of the guy, but it turned out his tattoo was showing on his right arm and facebook suggested the lady to tag her friend in it. When she went to his page she viewed more images of him and saw the same exact tattoo on him!

Ugh this doesn't make me hopeful for his safe return. :( . If I weren't mobile I'd try to bring up the photo in gimp or Photoshop. The arm tattoo especially looks fairly unique, and would be a good identifier.

Oh wow, this new development makes me think the very worst :( Really hope someone will recognize this guy...

Oh wow, this new development makes me think the very worst :( Really hope someone will recognize this guy...

I agree, but somehow I'm not convinced this person is responsible for Lenny's disappearance. The ATM he is using (according to the address) is close to where Lenny was last seen and where he lives. It says King Street, which I guess could be Old Town or could be further out. But I'm wondering if his wallet wasn't tossed like his cell phone, and this person came across it and thought he'd try his luck.

I just don't think someone who is involved with Lenny being missing would attempt to use his ATM card - that soon and that close to where all of this happened.

JMHO

Yes, I'm worried and hope they find Lenny soon...

I agree, but somehow I'm not convinced this person is responsible for Lenny's disappearance. The ATM he is using (according to the address) is close to where Lenny was last seen and where he lives. It says King Street, which I guess could be Old Town or could be further out. But I'm wondering if his wallet wasn't tossed like his cell phone, and this person came across it and thought he'd try his luck.

I just don't think someone who is involved with Lenny being missing would attempt to use his ATM card - that soon and that close to where all of this happened.

JMHO

Yes, I'm worried and hope they find Lenny soon...

Agreed. It's a classic diversionary tactic. Take the credit cards to a poor neighborhood and toss them out where they will be found.

I was discussing it with DH, and he asked why you would even attempt to use someone's ATM if you didn't have their PIN. I re-read the news releases, and the wording says that the person of interest used the card.

If it was just an attempt, I think this person more than likely found the card (or wallet) discarded someplace.

If they succeeded, then I take back my thoughts about this person not being involved.

MOO

I was discussing it with DH, and he asked why you would even attempt to use someone's ATM if you didn't have their PIN. I re-read the news releases, and the wording says that the person of interest used the card.

If it was just an attempt, I think this person more than likely found the card (or wallet) discarded someplace.

If they succeeded, then I take back my thoughts about this person not being involved.

MOO

If a smart person involved in a kidnapping , knew a not so upstanding felon who would use the credit card handed to him with a pin number (to set up felon for a larger crime) It still could be that even if he had used the pin he was not connected to a kidnapping.

The most disturbing thing to me is that Lenny left in sweats, like he was going to the gym or for a jog and not a meeting of professionals. Lenny just doesnt appear to be the sweat pant kinds guy. But I could be mistaken. I too, think the ATM card is a decoy.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back